YT: Kemper Profiling Amp - Rectifier

I knew it- this may become the sh*t

How great would it be to share profiles in here!

To be honest I didn't really like either of the tones but they do sound incredibly close. Seems like this is getting popular pretty fast and I'm really happy it might be serious competition for the axe fx which is raping people in the ass with their retarded prices. Also, I heard some talk that there's gonna be a rack version which I assume will be much more nicer aesthetically.

To be honest I didn't really like either of the tones but they do sound incredibly close. Seems like this is getting popular pretty fast and I'm really happy it might be serious competition for the axe fx which is raping people in the ass with their retarded prices. Also, I heard some talk that there's gonna be a rack version which I assume will be much more nicer aesthetically.

The video is not about having the best tone, more showing off the profiling and how it works. Just like with any other amp you can tweak it afterwards.

Does anyone else hear a sort of high-pitch whine coming out of the right channel when he plays through the Kemper??? I can distinctly hear a high-pitch whine/whirring noise... don't know what would cause that...

I'm impressed though. This thing does give the Axe a definite run for its money in terms of raw tone.

Did a quick test. This is NOT accurate. I used two open E chords that were played in this video at around 2:20 forward on both the real amp and Kemper. Now... as some of us noticed the Kemper had a tad more low end. Here are two curves that I made from this. The one on the right is something we can actually use. So... basically that's about 2,7dB more low end on the Kemper and another about -2dB's out from the top end. Again this might not be accurate in any way... it's just what I think is somewhat accurate. And like Ola said, once you start tweaking the knobs it doesn't really matter if the profile is 100% accurate.

kemper_accuracy.jpg
please start realizing a matching eq-curve does not mean a matching tone. there's so much more to it!!

Seems very interesting. Listening through phones i agree with Ermin, the modeled version actually sounds better to my ears. But i don't know if I where to thnk the same if i listened in my studio. Gonna follow this with interest :)

Been gassing for one for quite some time now...especially since I know stuff you don't:)
Aaah, sorry for teasing you, lol.
But I said it before and I'll say it again....it's too damn ugly, that's the only reason I'm not buying it....and I bet I'm not alone with that opinion.
I hope there'll be a rack mount v2

please start realizing a matching eq-curve does not mean a matching tone. there's so much more to it!!

Ofcourse there's more to guitar tones besides frequency response. I'm not going to start a debate on it here but IMHO frequency response is still the most important part of a guitar tone. Here I'm simply using match eq as a way to measure the similarities frequency-wise. It has many functions. However after doing this match EQ these tones sounded more alike. It don't think it matters all that much...

But if it really has 3dB more low end and 2dB less high end in all profiles, I'm a bit disappointed. But hell.. the Axe-Fx wasn't flat either and all I got out of that conversation was being bashed so I'll just stfu. :D

The video is not about having the best tone, more showing off the profiling and how it works.

Yes, I assumed as much, I'm not saying you can't dial a good tone, everyone knows otherwise ;). I'm just saying that even though every video I've seen (including this one) of the kemper profiling process demonstration is pretty impressive, I still haven't heard a great hi gain tone from kemper.
I assume at some point you will do a video where you will showcase how good it can really sound and I'm looking forward to it.

I'm impressed though. This thing does give the Axe a definite run for its money in terms of raw tone.

I think the Axe and the Kemper work totally different. If I uderstand it right Axe has modelled distortion (like an ampsim) and the Kemper really samples the whole chain, which is normally not possible with high distortion involved.
I wonder how they managed to do it. They must use Volterra Kernels, but in the Nebula forum they once explained that the more distortion the more kernels you need to capture it. Thats why it doesn't work with Nebula yet. (too sample a high distortion content)

Although there are audible differences its pretty impressive.

So, can the Kemper model cabinets only? That would be a dream come true.
As far as I know, you can seperate the cab and/or head after you recorded a profile. In theory it should not be an issue to use just the cab with the return-input of the kpa.