YT: Kemper Profiling Amp - Rectifier

Mind Blown.......

Ok fellas i have a plan. while we are waiting for rack versions, we need to con Eduardo Apolonia into buying one, and profiling his own amps, so we too may know what its like to call highgain heaven home. Joking aside...this thing is amazing

But they are, I asked them at Namm and they said they would have a 19" model shortly

Holy crap.... This thing would be amazing... Just model my ancient '91 Mark IV, and NOT have to worry about taking the Mark IV with me... And then profile my 6505+... And have both? It's like.. If the Axe FX wasn't the opposite of what I wanted. Dear me! :p

Big difference in the low end and low mids but all the punch and clarity are still there with some minor tweaking thats awesome.

How does it handle things like volume roll offs on the guitar and profiling at different volumes ... WE NEED MORE INFO!!!

This thing is usefull for sure...but I'll not be happy if I'll have a shitload of presets of Andy's 5150, Robb Flynn's tone, etc... and this job/world is becoming day after day, a presets world.
I'm sorry but I can't feel any emotions tweaking a little piece of plastic full of someone else's profiles, also if it sounds like the real deal. I don't get any sense in borrowing 10 amps, profile them and work/play with a little box.
The feeling and the emotions you get tweaking a real amp, playing a real amp in front of you, trying different mics, etc...are parts of this awesome job in my opinion....reducing everything in a little box is very sad.
This product is very good, innovative, maybe usefull... but I'm not saving for sure.
Maybe I'm a outdated guy...don't know...but when I play my amp I fell very well, it's "therapeutic" :D
The idea of buying it, profile all my amps and cabs, sell everything and play/work only with a Kemper....makes me feel very bad :D
Anyway it's a powerfull tool that can be used (maybe) with a real amp like a cab simulator etc...we'll see.
For the moment I still prefer to play real amps and cabs because I love them like a bitch :p

This is definitely a game changer, I think anyone that is not considering the implications of something like this at the moment probably has their heads in the sand. Nostalgia and emotion is a great thing but nobody banks on it and that well will run dry in the future. Having now heard definitive proof of what this is capable of I would venture to say that we are blessed by having insight slightly beyond the curve here at the Sneap forum - this is the sort of product that it's going to take a little while for the mainstream to pick up upon, it's not particularly faddy like the Axe FX and it doesn't have the low distribution cost of the Pods or the aesthetic sensibilities of either of those products or even that of a real amp. What it represents is really pure functionality in a package that wouldn't look out of place in a doctors surgery - nobody is going to think this is cool but I think given time this is going to pose a serious threat to not only the Axe FX market but the altogether tube market, if something this good does not catch on like wildfire then the makers will have altogether failed with their branding and marketing of the concept.

This thing is usefull for sure...but I'll not be happy if I'll have a shitload of presets of Andy's 5150, Robb Flynn's tone, etc... and this job/world is becoming day after day, a presets world.
I'm sorry but I can't feel any emotions tweaking a little piece of plastic full of someone else's profiles, also if it sounds like the real deal. I don't get any sense in borrowing 10 amps, profile them and work/play with a little box.
The feeling and the emotions you get tweaking a real amp, playing a real amp in front of you, trying different mics, etc...are parts of this awesome job in my opinion....reducing everything in a little box is very sad.
This product is very good, innovative, maybe usefull... but I'm not saving for sure.
Maybe I'm a outdated guy...don't know...but when I play my amp I fell very well, it's "therapeutic" :D
The idea of buying it, profile all my amps and cabs, sell everything and play/work only with a Kemper....makes me feel very bad :D
Anyway it's a powerfull tool that can be used (maybe) with a real amp like a cab simulator etc...we'll see.
For the moment I still prefer to play real amps and cabs because I love them like a bitch :p

Me too, but a few renditions down the road when this thing actually models the eq section and the full gain section of an amp instead of a just a snapshot it might be pretty tempting..

I'd snag one for sure, if/when the rackmount gets made. There seems to be A LOT of people who would be very interested in the 19" version, so they would be really foolish to ignore the demand.

It's stuff like this that makes me so glad that I sold my axefx when I did, after having it for three years (and making a profit!) :D

Sent from my HTC Glacier

A funny thought just crossed my mind....

Imagine Jeff Loomis releasing his new soloalbum and then browsing through the hottest metal releases of the month.
All of a sudden he recognizes his guitar sound on that other bands Song. He crys out loud:

"Aww maaann! I've been kempered!" :(

No different than keyboard patches, IMO. Some people use presets, some people like to create their own from the ground up. What still matters at the end of the day is the music.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

Sounds pretty damn close if u ask me .... kemper sounds a bit more boomy ( ? ) somehow ..... or my ears are fucked.....
I find myself to think the same thing when I was listening every kemper A/B profiling videos. maybe profiling algorithm needs to be refined, but overall I'm really impressed how close it can get by analyzing this strange, alien sounds.

Cool comparison Ola. Very impressive unit. Not 100% spot on but the differences sound real and natural. Preferred it's tone over the real deal in fact. The only downside seems to be the snapshot limitation.

Edit: Just read this on their site...

Very cool!

THIS. Many missunderstand this... the Kemper does NOT copy the behaviour of the EQ section of an amp. That would be way too crazy..... :D

Regards

The owners manual is downloadable from their site if anyone is interested to read how the profiles are made and what is needed. the unit itself has all the necessary connections to profile amps without need for external DAW's. You can also run the effects loop out of the amp into the KPA.

I'll be more interested when the rackmount version is released...and when they release the power amp.

A good use should be to record album with traditional amp,cabs and mics and then profile the signal so that you can have the same sound live. That would be nice.
You know what...all these digital devices...just replicate/copy other amps. A 5150 is here for 30 years, rectifier too, mashall even more...because every amp has its own sound.
The Axefx/Pod/Kemper just copy a famous amp or a signal chain....it's like a "China-zation" of the sound...just copy/replicate something famous. It can have pro's and cons of course...
Sincerely I don't think to have the head under the sand...I'm only saying that I think the traditional way is much more cool and I like to enjoy a real amp/cab instead of a big pod in my bedroom.