YT: Kemper Profiling Amp - Rectifier

What I'm wondering is how well will the profiles work when other people use them and they will have different guitars and PUs and they would try to get a slightly different tone from the same profiled amp.

can we hear this thing in a mix? cant judge guitar tones by themselves.......not hearing the 3d tonage yet

Dont forget , the best digital units still profiles the sound that mics hear. Will never be the same live. Recording and big concert halls is a different story.

Hey Ola....can you post a video using EMG's? also I assume this has a built in power amp where as the 19" rack version probably won't.

Jocke, can you try and profile a DAR amp?

I think Ola could do that. I don't have a DAR yet. Paying customers first! :)

I will however profile my TGM-AxeFX-plus-outboard patch I have. Just for fun of course. :) Oh yeah, I'll definitively profile my goto Bass patches, with UAD EQ and compression. Just to see how close it gets.

Imagine to profile not only the guitar gear, but the enhancing outboards/DAW eqs signal chain. HELL YEAH! :yow:yeah:loco:f**k:yow:hahaha:hotjump:brainmelt

Hey Ola....can you post a video using EMG's? also I assume this has a built in power amp where as the 19" rack version probably won't.

The kemper power amp is not ready yet, but can be added to the kemper amp later at any time. There is some space left inside the kemper for the power amp.

I think Ola could do that. I don't have a DAR yet. Paying customers first! :)

I will however profile my TGM-AxeFX-plus-outboard patch I have. Just for fun of course. :) Oh yeah, I'll definitively profile my goto Bass patches, with UAD EQ and compression. Just to see how close it gets.

Imagine to profile not only the guitar gear, but the enhancing outboards/DAW eqs signal chain. HELL YEAH! :yow:yeah:loco:f**k:yow:hahaha:hotjump:brainmelt

Jocke bass sounds!! :worship:

Dude. To profile Pultecs and Shadow Hills compressors and shit... I'll probably take a high-boost curve from a Pultec or Massive Passive and use it on EVERYTHING.

But EQs can be described with normal impulse responses also.
The exciting thing about kemper is that it can sample high distortion.

I'm a bit surprised that with some tests like f.e with my cab modeling shootouts people were really anal about the slightest differences. And now the Kemper samples an amp and is audible different but no one cares about that difference suddenly :)

Don't get me wrong I also think its pretty amazing, because of the possibillity to sample the high distortion which has never been achieved before.

Dude. To profile Pultecs and Shadow Hills compressors and shit... I'll probably take a high-boost curve from a Pultec or Massive Passive and use it on EVERYTHING.

I know it's not the same thing, but you can find IR's of a Massive Passive online...or you could. I have them and there are a LOT of IR's from it.

Whether or not they are any good is up to you...

So in a couple of years we'll have a storm of new kids that will record bands in a bathroom only with a kemper simulating everything, from the guitar/bass gear to all the outboard gear.
Results: 90% of the studios will close, thousands of bedroom/bathroom bands that will work with a pc and a single kemper.
Why a band should go in a studio with a guy that use a single box for everything, when they can buy it directly? After that they will use EzMix 5 and voila' :)

I know this is the progress...but I don't like the way some things are changing. Maybe I'm becoming old :(

So in a couple of years we'll have a storm of new kids that will record bands in a bathroom only with a kemper simulating everything, from the guitar/bass gear to all the outboard gear.
Results: 90% of the studios will close, thousands of bedroom/bathroom bands that will work with a pc and a single kemper.
Why a band should go in a studio with a guy that use a single box for everything, when they can buy it directly? After that they will use EzMix 5 and voila' :)

I know this is the progress...but I don't like the way some things are changing. Maybe I'm becoming old :(

Why do you think you need a Kemper to do this?

It's already happening with EZ mix alone.

http://youtu.be/q1QBwUerxeM

Check it from 01:51. He's got the Roadster/Roadking profile downloaded.
Not too much gain and then he adjust the preampsection to make the palmmute tighter but also fatter, I really like this.
It makes me think what it can do for passive pickups with a vintage sound.

I'm waiting on the 19" version, hopefully soon.

ahahahah
You're right...but the figures of "engineers", "producers","mixers" will disappear more and more...not the next year maybe...but in the near future.
Only the big names still work (and less than before).
Just my 2 cents...maybe mine is just fear, because I love the job as it's today...
I like to watch all the "show your studios" etc....do you imagine a thread like those, with a desk, a pc and a kemper?
Anyway I'll repeat it, the Kemper is awesome on what it does.. but as Phil said, I'm a tube guy :D

All those fine horse breeders are gone, too. Thanks to Carl Benz & Rudolph Diesel!
:yow:

:popcorn: