YT: Kemper Profiling Amp - Rectifier

Yes yes....just sayin' :)
Finally because here there was no metal oriented products (a part Brunetti that I hate)
DV Mark is the guitar division of Mark bass. I'm also intrigued by their cab..it seems they sound really good despite they don't mount celesion speakers (Neodymium speakers = very low weight).

ps
How do you compare it with a Recto? Are they similar?

This is by far my least favorite tone you've gotten so far. Where are the mids, dude? All I hear is fizz and twang.

Hm, i dont like it at all ...... i always liked your Rectifier clips the most... but lately ....dunno....

I dunno man. The video that showed how the Kemper can be tweaked sounded very digital to me. Well ofcourse you don't need to max the settings all the way out but still... I would've loved the fact that it would've still sounded analog even on extreme settings. Dropping the gain down didn't seem very realistic to me f.ex.

I think I'd probably never tweak the profiles but use them as is. Must wait and see when the rack version comes out.

I dunno man. The video that showed how the Kemper can be tweaked sounded very digital to me. Well ofcourse you don't need to max the settings all the way out but still... I would've loved the fact that it would've still sounded analog even on extreme settings. Dropping the gain down didn't seem very realistic to me f.ex.

I think I'd probably never tweak the profiles but use them as is. Must wait and see when the rack version comes out.

What exactly are you referring to when you use the words digital and analog?

i still do not like the idea of amp profiling but being able to capture cabs
would be so damn great.

imagine a rack unit that can be used direct to combine it with a digital preamp, or the possibility to upgrade with a power soak so you could just hook your favorite amps to it.

Dude that unit is the Torpedo :)

Discovering the whole Kemper thing now, it's pretty mindblowing, and i love those videos/tones, especially the official ones with the Bogner/Soldano/Fender profiling, and the one with the Recto profile tweaked into a tighter and fatter tone !

Very curious to see where it's gonna go !

Dude that unit is the Torpedo :)

Discovering the whole Kemper thing now, it's pretty mindblowing, and i love those videos/tones, especially the official ones with the Bogner/Soldano/Fender profiling, and the one with the Recto profile tweaked into a tighter and fatter tone !

Very curious to see where it's gonna go !

the torpedo is using good old IR's. it seems like the kemper amp technology can "capture" cabs much better than an IR so i was more thinking of a unit that's using this new technology.

What exactly are you referring to when you use the words digital and analog?

Well I guess it just started sounding very old Line6-ish on extreme settings and a real gain knob goes through different gain stages where as that gain knob was like a "dry" knob. I dunno... I've just seen this same video you guys saw. Axe-Fx had similar settings and it acted a lot more realistic IMO.

the torpedo is using good old IR's. it seems like the kemper amp technology can "capture" cabs much better than an IR so i was more thinking of a unit that's using this new technology.

The DAR Impulse Pedal will have a completely new IR approach with 10,000 sample IRs but that won't be released for quite a while yet. Kemper(I think) said that it doesn't use IRs when profiling which is why they sound much better that other modeled cabs.

-mic position tweakable in real-time
-variphi parameter
-speaker distortion parameter
-dynamic/reacts to volume IIRR
- etc...

I don't remember those features in the "good ol' IRs".

Curious about how the Kemper cab/mic/miking thing works btw, and how different is it than good ol' IRs, the Torpedo stuff, and the Jocke box stuff.

-mic position tweakable in real-time
-variphi parameter
-speaker distortion parameter
-dynamic/reacts to volume IIRR
- etc...

I don't remember those features in the "good ol' IRs".

Curious about how the Kemper cab/mic/miking thing works btw, and how different is it than good ol' IRs, the Torpedo stuff, and the Jocke box stuff.

hmm is this a new feature!?
actually i am sure when the torpedo unit came
out a few years ago that it was IR based only,
i'll check it out! :)

i asked a guy eho owns the unit, it's not possible to profile the box only (such a shame :D),
that's why i am a bit sceptical.

i mean you can profile an amp+box and separate/switch them aftwewards
but you can't just profile the box (thinking about sending the profiling signal to a poweramp that's connected to a box) WTF!?