YT: Kemper Profiling Amp - Rectifier

I was pretty damned surprised to see Ola selling his Axe.

TBH I wasn't. Fractal had a great run between 2010-2011 but real amps won them hands down. Sure they can still keep running their business but Axe-Fx II didn't really make a big difference in the end.

to quote myself, and yeah toxic grind machine got it, cash is king:

I'm not saying I dislike the Axe Fx 2 just because I sold it. I'm not saying the Kemper is better, for me it's just a piece of gear in the chain of all the fucking gear that have passed my way since I started playing guitar. To me the full price for an Axe Fx2 IS a big deal of money. For not using it to much, I don't see why I shouldn't have that money put on other more helpful things for my position, like a shit load of acoustic treatment for my studio. If I'm lucky, I'll get one again in the future.

yea i understand what you are saying Ola. Its not that the axe II is bad; you know what it makes more sense anyway i mean youve been great at capturing amps for so long now so i think that profiling is the better solution for you. Thats the same thing i said to Lasse who was wondering whether to get the ultra or II; he kicks ass at capturing amp tones so i feel it will suit him better to get into the profiling.

However it wouldve been cool for you to hang on to the axe II until you can see what the "profiling" feature that will be added will sound like. Though im sure youll get to try it anyway.

So I read a bit about the Kemper amp stuff.

IMHO this thing could be awsome IF it feels like playing through a real amp.
I dont think this will a new preset hunt thing or something like that.

For example:
In my last session I tracked a full length and my framus cobra got fucked on the 5th song.

I would be fucked if we aint got another cobra in the studio, which we got to sound 90% the way I setup mine.

So think of this.
You have the band in the studio you setup the sound you and the band wants. Then you profile it and be done. You dont have to worry about the tubes, the mic beeing moved and all that shit. You have that unique sound!!!

you cant reproduce that sound with another guitar beeing used, with another player, so this preset wont help anybody but yourself.

What about tubescreamers? do you profile the sound with them? Or do you profile the sound of the amp and then use a real tubescreamer before the kemper?

I would be sold if I can save that one exact sound I got with the band. No compromises with software TS and shit...

kemper is awesome! guys, try it out!! some really cool mixes coming up i did with this baby!

I have one question about the capturing process. How does KPA seperate cabinet from the captured profile? It is said that you can change different cabs independently. So I thought there are seperate input returns in the KPA for amp and cab/mic so you actualy get 2 profiles: one of the amp itself and one for the cab/mic. And so you can switch between different amp and cab profiles in the corresponding sections of the device later. But it appears to be only one input for receiving analyzed signal. So you get only one solid capture of the amp gone through cab and mic. How does it seperate amp from cab then? As all of you khow how different amp sounds itself compared to what we hear from the cab and mic ))

Not mine obviously, but a nice clip of the Kemper in a mix

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go keith!

Also, dude from unearth approves:

So when is there a kemper sneap database coming? ;) Would love to play around with Ronnie's, Jocke's and Ola's amp settings, just to name a few.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno, all this "i want his tone, his tone and his tone!!" . I already didnt like all that preset sharing with the axefx. Isnt it fun to find your own tone? And actually buying tons of stuff till u find it? IMO thats part of the game.... if i remember how much fun i had with my equipment, searching for it....trying to get it...sell it again...get new stuff :D.

Being able to profile your own stuff is ace, but well...i dont want someones tone.