YT: Pod HD Pro - Metal with patch

That's weird, aren't they supposed to sound exactly the same? I know the Pro has some additional effects and it's more flexible when making a patch, but for a basic rhythm guitar sound with the onboard cab simulation like the one you have on your video there shouldn't be any differences.

I have a HD500 and there`s a huge difference between earlier firmware`s and a current one.
I`m guessing if all the initial reviews were done with a current firmware, that impressions would have been much much better.
Ability to switch input impedance (apparently done via hardware) has made quite the difference with my Alternative 8 pickups, and also some tonal changes done to amp models have made pod HD much better at achieving good high-gain tones.
To me, a Uberschall model alone (the one with "broken" presence) is worth it.

I have a HD500 and there`s a huge difference between earlier firmware`s and a current one.
I`m guessing if all the initial reviews were done with a current firmware, that impressions would have been much much better.
Ability to switch input impedance (apparently done via hardware) has made quite the difference with my Alternative 8 pickups, and also some tonal changes done to amp models have made pod HD much better at achieving good high-gain tones.
To me, a Uberschall model alone (the one with "broken" presence) is worth it.

That's interesting. I assume the firmware with improved sound quality is also available for hd300 and hd400?

Unfortunately, not yet. Latest patch was HD500 and pro only, but i assume it will be available for rest of the lineup soon.

I'm currently looking into building a Modeling-Rack for Live-Purposes and I am about to decide whether I should invest in a used Axe-FX Standard/Ultra or save some money and go with the POD Pro. Thanks to your latest videos, I ordered the POD to try out first.

Thumbs up!

So Line 6 should definitely pay you for this revue man, I'm sold. I've always hated all the fanboys and their shitty demos of these things. This definitely made up my mind on buying an HD 500. I would never be able to justify buying an Axe FX, so I'm guessing this is my best alternative.

Don't mean to derail the OT, but I wanted to ask - are there raw videos for the Triamp and the Roadking?

Ola needs a Kemper Amp

I agree, the green suit should go right along with the lights and noises of the Kemper :)

Sounds great man. Modeling tech has definitely come a long way compared to the original POD and POD 2.0 haha