YT: Seymour Duncan Full Shred demo (plus DI's & Backing)

This really makes me gas fort an old Ibanez RG again. Awesome playing too.

I reamped it in my rig and I think it sounds great. Clip

Dude that sounds great, the pinched harmonics are flying out! Mesa Mark IV by any chance? It's got that tight 'squelch' in the midrange.
No alas! I wish i could afford a mesa mark IV but it's just my 6505 with slightly unusual settings (treble pushed back and pres to the max) and my new cabinet/speaker combo (mesa v30 into a triple xxx cabinet).

Great tones guys!!! I don't know if the Full Shred was introduced as "new" in the guitar or not, but many moons ago I had a Kramer Nightswan that had it in the bridge positon, with a JB in the middle....This was long before my home recording days, but I always thought that guitar sounded great even through some of the atrocious amps I used at the time...Wish I had that guitar back now, but it's been gone for years...

Again, great tones!!!

Thanks guys! Would love to hear more reamps of it :D

No alas! I wish i could afford a mesa mark IV but it's just my 6505 with slightly unusual settings (treble pushed back and pres to the max) and my new cabinet/speaker combo (mesa v30 into a triple xxx cabinet).

Dude what the fucking FUCK?! I've had every version of 5150/6505 imaginable and I've never in a million years heard one sound like that! :lol: Was it boosted?

Thanks guys! Would love to hear more reamps of it :D

Dude what the fucking FUCK?! I've had every version of 5150/6505 imaginable and I've never in a million years heard one sound like that! :lol: Was it boosted?

Yup, with an OD808... :p

Unbelievable :lol: Much post EQ?

Nothing fancy.eqscreen.jpg
There's some fairly aggressive L3 band limiting to in the low mid area with a fast release. That might play a role in the squelchiness you were talking about.

The full chain was: Fireface 802 + Modded ProRMP + OD808 + 6505 + Peavey XXX cabinet with Mesa V30 + SM57 and MD421n + API A2D
It's about 70% SM57 in the mix.

Here's another one:
Fireface 802 + Modded ProRMP + OD808 + Modded JCM900 + Peavey XXX cabinet + (Mesa V30 + SM57 ) and (G12H30 heritage + MD421n) + API A2D

Same stuff with a Bedrock 650 head.

Last edited:
Here's another one:
Fireface 802 + Modded ProRMP + OD808 + Modded JCM900 + Peavey XXX cabinet + (Mesa V30 + SM57 ) and (G12H30 heritage + MD421n) + API A2D

That's awesome man, it's got a really similar grit to my original Rectifier clip. I often tell people that the Rectifier on Orange can get into old school Marshall territory, and people just stare at me like I'm an idiot. Maybe because the way you dial the amps in is completely different (one having post-gain EQ, the other being pre) but if you know the amp well enough (which I do by now) you can coax an almighty Marshall-like tone from a Recto.

Reactions: Manicompression
That's awesome man, it's got a really similar grit to my original Rectifier clip. I often tell people that the Rectifier on Orange can get into old school Marshall territory, and people just stare at me like I'm an idiot. Maybe because the way you dial the amps in is completely different (one having post-gain EQ, the other being pre) but if you know the amp well enough (which I do by now) you can coax an almighty Marshall-like tone from a Recto.

Well it probably depends on what they mean by old school Marshall. There are these 80~90's tones but there's also the loose plexi brownish 70's sound which rely more on the power tubes. Then again I can't see why you could not get this sound with a recto either.
That just gave me an idea. I might try a brown sound type of reamp with the TAD attenuator. Could be fun.:thumbsup:

Nice :)
Doesn't Opeth use these in their PRS ?
I am very fond of the Custom Custom but wouldn't mind checking this out.