ZANEX thoughts on NEVERMORMORE'S new album, being on HEADBANGER'S BALL, & st. anger.

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
Enemies Of Reality is KICK ASS. My favorite new songs being: I.VOYAGER, CREATE THE INFINITE, SEED AWAKENING, TOMMOROW TURNED INTO YESTERDAY, NEVER PURIFY. I hear elements from all of NEVERMORE'S previous releases on Enemies. Songs that remind me of POE, DNB, DHIADW, etc... Also, Headbanger's Ball had a commercial with NEVERMORE. All the guys said, "You're watching Headbanger's Ball on MTV2". Anyone else see this.

Also, St. Anger is pure HORSESHIT. I only liked about 2-3 songs, Some kind of Monster, Frantic, and Sweet Amber. To me, Metallica are trying to be like System of a Down, Korn, Papa Roach, etc...(no guitar solos, rap style "shout" background vocals) Instead og being innovators, metallica are now followers. My 2 cents.

Nevermormore? :lol: Been hitting the good green shit, eh?

I, Voyager fucking SLAYS. Tomorow Turned and the title track are killer as well...but they're all good, really.

I personally really dig Frantic, Sweet Amber & Unnamed Feeling...no 80's stuff, but pretty damn cool. And shouty background vocals aside, there isn't much that resembles what St. Anger sounds like. It's fairly unique in its' weirdness.

Thanks for the info ms. anthrope. If my memory doesn't fail me, aren't you a big TESTAMENT fan? I think TESTAMENT KICKS ASS. I saw them twice, once on the LOW tour, and once on the GATHERING tour. I met Alex Skolnick a few months back, he is a very nice, humble, and down to earth person. No huge ego. Hard to believe he isn't in TESTAMENT anymore, but he did play on First Strike..... Also noticed you listening to DRAGONLORD (KICK ASS). If you have any inside info, give us some details about the next TESTAMENT release.

Nevermormore? :lol: Been hitting the good green shit, eh?

Damn, what a fuck up. Not hitting "mother nature", but partaking of some "CANDY" and getting overzealous and typing too fast:kickass:. NEVER"MORE"MORE. Yes, the band is that good.:OMG:

ZANEX said:
Thanks for the info ms. anthrope. If my memory doesn't fail me, aren't you a big TESTAMENT fan? I think TESTAMENT KICKS ASS. I saw them twice, once on the LOW tour, and once on the GATHERING tour. I met Alex Skolnick a few months back, he is a very nice, humble, and down to earth person. No huge ego. Hard to believe he isn't in TESTAMENT anymore, but he did play on First Strike..... Also noticed you listening to DRAGONLORD (KICK ASS). If you have any inside info, give us some details about the next TESTAMENT release.

hey zanex!
nevermore is my fave band, but testament is a close second :cool:. alex is great - he lives in new york and plays with his band, the alex skolnick trio (jazz). the testa-guys are in europe at the moment, but when they get home, it's back to writing the next album. they have about 4 songs completed.