Zelda II Castle song - Engl into hotplate into Axe

Temps

Aug 13, 2008
http://soundcloud.com/cody-templeton/fa-dc-zelda-wip/s-YZmf8

just a WIP right now

center guitar - LTD potbelly with bareknuckle painkillers (I think, can't remember) into engl invader channel 3, recorded from the power amp using a hotplate into the Axe FX. then I ran it into one of Clark Kent's Orange cab impulses he just uploaded a few days ago. this setup sounds SICK and comes soooo close to sounding like my actual Orange cab does in the room, driven at ridiculous volume. this is with the hotplate set to load. if I actually ran it with the real cab instead, so there was a more reactive load on the power amp, I bet that would sound so good.

left/right guitars are a LTD potbelly with bareknuckle painkillers into Axe FX 5150 model, ownhammer cab iirc

I'm going to reamp the l/r guitars into the Invader > Hotplate > Axe too except there is a feedback loop I get with my redeye set to reamp mode right now so I have to sort that out first

bass is a Fender jazz bass recorded direct, run into Ampeg SVX. I still don't like this bass tone much, I might have to get him in to re-record or at least reamp. really not diggin the Ampeg VST sound at all anymore

drums are real drummer, recorded with V-drums, into Superior Avatar