Zephyrus Debuts on The Metal Observer

Nicely done. So is it a paid gig for TMO? I write reviews for UM, but lack of incentive seems to keep me from focusing on them as much as I should.

Purely voluntary, but the fact that I was elected to the chosen few is incentive enough to maintain such a status.

I wanted to give it a lower score, but I felt obligated to promote the local scene, even if it's a shitty gateway band. The band wanted me to review them, even though I shouldn't be reviewing genres of metal I'm neither fond of nor too acquainted with. Consequently, I wrote a review devoid of opinion on the music, and rather focused on the target audience. I did have fun attacking their purpose of "balance between technical prowess and mainstream appeal."

Yeah, that was a review from back when I just had the blog. But now that I'm on TMO, they will send me mostly Black Metal promos with some Death and Doom Metal too.

I was just sent some promos for Herem, Abomino Aetas and Ashen Banners. Will start on those tomorrow.

Go mad with power.
Start up a harem of slightly chubby metal chicks.
:lol:
I'm imagining Zeph as one of those 80's glam guys, surrounded by legions of fans, with lines of beautiful women outside the bus and several kilos of cocaine, with an absolutely unchecked ego, and then winding up 2 years later in an ally telling his story to passers by.

Yeah, that was a review from back when I just had the blog. But now that I'm on TMO, they will send me mostly Black Metal promos with some Death and Doom Metal too.

I was just sent some promos for Herem, Abomino Aetas and Ashen Banners. Will start on those tomorrow.

Exactly how much free shit do you get?

even thu that's very late but I must say congrats, I wasn't surprised when I read it the thread, you totally deserve it.

:lol:
I'm imagining Zeph as one of those 80's glam guys, surrounded by legions of fans, with lines of beautiful women outside the bus and several kilos of cocaine, with an absolutely unchecked ego, and then winding up 2 years later in an ally telling his story to passers by.

"You ever done cocaine mixed with a chicks tit milk whilst losing all your money on Whore Races?"
"What?"
"How about fucked 6 girls at once"
"What the fuck? Leave me alone"
"I was someone once... I did all those things..."
Before shaking his fist at the sky, falling to his knees and yelling
"METAL OBSERVEEEEEER"

Exactly how much free shit do you get?
I'm starting off at a rate of about 3 promos every 2 weeks, but that will increase with continuing service. Alex, who runs the joint, gets tons tons more on his plate. And most promos are sent to me through rapidshare or megaupload, one of those...
Zeph, you should review some Bishop of Hexen. The Observer doesn't have any material by them up yet.
It's possible they're working on a new album, but if you'd really like to see my review The Nightmarish Compositions, I can pull that off.
"You ever done cocaine mixed with a chicks tit milk whilst losing all your money on Whore Races?"
"What?"
"How about fucked 6 girls at once"
"What the fuck? Leave me alone"
"I was someone once... I did all those things..."
Before shaking his fist at the sky, falling to his knees and yelling
"METAL OBSERVEEEEEER"

I think I'll take the harem over that, sans the slight chubbiness.