Zeppelin or Floyd

Floyd for me. I love Led Zep but Pink Floyd (to my sorry ears) go beyond them. If I had to make a choice between metal and Pink Floyd the latter would win every time.(I'm typing this as I listen to 'Rust in Peace' by Megadeth. One of the greatest metal albums of all time).

We'll since were all metalheads here you don't have to point out the obvious... duh... but anyways Led Zep was one of the first hard rock (and some can debate them being metal) bands I got into with listening to Black Dog in a juke box when i was in High school... but lately I been getting into Floyd alot more because I've heard Zep so many times in my lifetime now (i'm 35 now) that it bores me to hear them now... Floyd always seems refreshing to me... But i would say it would be a tie between them with me leaning towards Floyd lately... Jimmy Page is one of my all time favorite guitarists but so is David Gilmour...

Floyd: Comfortably Numb, Hey You, Echoes, Time, etc..

Zep: Since I been Loving you, Ten Years Gone, Rock n Roll, Bron-y-Aur (if i spelled it right), Rain Song, etc..

including their covers of other people's songs : Babe Im Going to Leave You, You Shook Me , I Can't Quit you Baby, How Many More Times etc.

floyd by a landslide, although i do not like all their work, the ones i do like, i like ALOT
i'd probly say overal animals is their best record overal. regardless of what that other guy said, that is their darkest album.

the pink floyd - live in pompeii dvd is one of the finest pieces of experimental music i've ever seen

fav songs : careful with that axe eugene (live only)
echoes
welcome to the machine
dogs
set the controls for the heart of the sun

Why does everyone ask Zeppelin vs. Floyd? They are two different kinds of music. Zeppelin is mostly hard rock, while Floyd is progressive.

floyd by a landslide, although i do not like all their work, the ones i do like, i like ALOT
i'd probly say overal animals is their best record overal. regardless of what that other guy said, that is their darkest album.

the pink floyd - live in pompeii dvd is one of the finest pieces of experimental music i've ever seen

fav songs : careful with that axe eugene (live only)
echoes
welcome to the machine
dogs
set the controls for the heart of the sun
This guy knows what he's talking about:headbang: . Live at Pompeii is great. Echoes sounds so fucking cool on there...I recommend anyone to burn a fat Joint and sit back and admire Floyd's Pompeii. A work of art indeed.