SOB official now playing thread

Shroud of Bereavement-The Two Thousand Dollar Song
I'm glad the thing I promised Dan I'd listen to extensively is worth listening to extensively!

Skepticism - Alloy - this is a MASSIVE sounding release, a lot of low end in it from the bass, some guitar melodies! and lots of organ as usual. Vocals seem to be a bit more pronounced as well and brutal/gutteral a-la early Morgion (at least that's what came to mind, among majestic era I'd guess IMHO). I love the last 3 tracks, all are great but I like the last 3 more. Good shit, go and buy it!

Enslaved - Vertebrae - follow on to the last one, mellower though from Ruun which was very good and not as harsh as Isa (well, I think Isa had more harsher vox).

Judas Priest - Nostradamus 2 disc set from the metal masters! Now this has a lot of guitar noodling as expected! Good shit!

Nice, I want to hear that Skepticism!

I have been listening to

My new Ipod, Yup, I finally broke down and got one thanks to my Dad.

There are about 1600 songs on there and I just shuffel them.

Aeturnus, Absu, Burzum, Morgion and Mourning Beloveth are the stand outs so far

Just go buy the fucking thing, it's amazing, I love the last 3 songs most but The Arrival is pretty good too. You missed a good show last night dude, Satyricon w/Frost on the skins! He was fucking crazy the whole set with his head banging, great to see he was able to get into the US again finally! Been only I think 8+ yrs since last time he was in the US w/Satyr to my knowledge.

Septic fucking ruled man, hope they come back soon. Satyr said they would probably be back in october this year. Coming up is Kreator/Exodus w/Belphegor (now that's different, extrerme black/death metal w/2 thrash bands, cool!) and Soilwork w/Darkane and Swallow the Sun and Warbringer (Daylight Dies was a few days prior to that show on the tour, they should have played through here at least dammit! ;-(

Mournful Congregation - The June Frost

I just started listening to it but WOW! This sounds sick, nice heavy guitar, mournful hymns, sick vocals (at least on 2nd track, 1st is instrumental). Nice to see they still are keeping their old style of vocals in the mix. Can't wait to hear the rest of it.

Satyricon - The Age of Nero - awesome, guitar driven, satyr's rasp, et al. Excellent!

What the fuck? Everyone stopped listening to music for almost a year?!

The Nihilistic Front (funeral doom from australia, brutal, noisy, ambient, good shit!)
GwynBleidd (latest)
Septic Flesh
Skepticism
The 3rd and the Mortal (fucking so underrated) Tears Laid in Earth
My Shameful - The Return to Nothing
Colosseum (2nd release - awesome funeral doom)
Ahab (2nd release - awesome nautic funeral doom)
Doom:VS - Dead Words Speak (2nd release, awesome)
Robin Trower (various releases)
Rush (various releases from 70s/80's/90's)
And my own stuff over at www.soundclick.com/darkenedsoul

Agree with Mike.

Opeth Watershed, I adore this record. Never a huge fan before (except for Damnation)
Swallow The Sun Plague of Butterflies
Mister Vertigo Letters to leanne
Anathema last dvd/cd also Judgement and Alt 4
All of the last 7 King Diamond album (been on a kick since I bought the remasters over the fall)
Iron Maiden First 5 albums of Dickenson stuff
Shroud Of Bereavement demos, demos, demos

Limbonic Art - The Ultimate Death Worship (fucking sick drum machine work there!)
Slumber - Fallout (new album due this year!)
Doom:VS - Dead Words Speak (get this, fantastic 2nd release)

Soon to listen to: Until Death Overtakes Me - Days Without Hope (got in trade with SVC ;-) )

Winds - Prominence
Antimatter first 3
Opeth -Watershed, Damnation, bwp
Katatonia Brave Murder Day
Burzum New stuff and Filosophem
Mar Di Gresis newest one
Swallow the suns newest
Primordial newest
Death Spiritual Healing
Entombed LHP and Clandestine
DARK THRONE Soulside Journey (one of the best DM releases of all time) ...and yeah, they fucking suck now!

I've been listening to very little of late. In addition to my CD player falling out of the stereo, the computer I wired in its place fried. So I pulled in a favor and got this "meh" scrap monster going only to discover the external containing all my music suffered some damage too. So yeah... it's all about the vinyl during those two hours I'm home and concious.