Appropriate Heavy Metal Wedding Songs

Congrats my friend, now as to a heavy metal wedding song, I think the most appropriate would be "Enter Forevermore" by PRETTY MAIDS. It has a message and it is an awesome song.

Congrats! :)

I know for our wedding, we used instrumental stuff for seating music, including 'Silk and Steel' by Savatage, 'Dryad of the Woods' by PoS, & a clipped version of Porcupine Tree's 'Wedding Nails'. The "wedding party" (such as it was, all 3 of them, lol) walked down the aisle to 'Regalis Apertura' by Kamelot. I walked down to a guitar version of the wedding march by Thomas Olsson that I think turned out pretty cool.

At the reception, we played lots of stuff, not really following any format. 'Time Stand Still' though not technically metal was a good one, and very appropriate. :) Of course, Urban sang 'Egypt' which may or may not be considered appropriate. :D Bryant and his brother graced us with 'Feel Like Making Love' (again not necessarily metal but cool for a wedding). I missed a lot of the reception taking pictures and such, though. If I remember anything else, I'll post it later. :)

Shaye

Not sure exactly what you're looking for... but here's a shot.

Green Carnation - Six Ribbons
Lunatica - Song For You
Arwen - Lullaby (might be a little too sad of a theme)

Really hard to find metal songs that aren't lost love themes.

My boyfriend's friend just got married. The reception intro song for the entire group was the Hulk Hogan theme song Real American. Amazingly the guys all managed to refrain from any wrestling poses. It was part of the deal with the bride. He gets the wrestling song (she hates wrestling) but no one poses. THAT's a weird song.

My boyfriend's friend just got married. The reception intro song for the entire group was the Hulk Hogan theme song Real American. Amazingly the guys all managed to refrain from any wrestling poses. It was part of the deal with the bride. He gets the wrestling song (she hates wrestling) but no one poses. THAT's a weird song.

Thats fucking awesome!! Though the poses should have been there.

Edguy - Lavatory Love Machine

We played that at our reception. And it was the bride's idea! She rules.

We had about four hours of "our" music at our reception. Stuff we played included Dream Theater (To Live Forever), Savatage (Believe), TSO, Opeth, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Symphony X, Shadow Gallery, Pain Of Salvation, Devin Townsend, Rush, Crack The Sky, and Queensryche, among others. There was some '80's music (we both love that), and we tried to structure the playlist to feature bands we had seen live together, and to sort of tell a little story about our relationship. For example, our first date was to see the Rock Never Stops tour (LA Guns, Firehouse, Warrant, Ratt, Dokken), so we included a song from each. We originally met because she mentioned Savatage in her Match.com ad, so we included our favorite Savatage song, and so on.

Music is far too important to both of us to have not included it in our wedding. No one complained about any of it, and I think that everyone that attended knows us and the music we like, so they were prepared!

dt

when my wife an dI got married this past New Years Eve, we used "Dreaming (Tell Me)" by Yngwie Malmsteen. Simply a Beautiful song.

We had about four hours of "our" music at our reception. Stuff we played included Dream Theater (To Live Forever), Savatage (Believe), TSO, Opeth, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Symphony X, Shadow Gallery, Pain Of Salvation, Devin Townsend, Rush, Crack The Sky, and Queensryche, among others. There was some '80's music (we both love that), and we tried to structure the playlist to feature bands we had seen live together, and to sort of tell a little story about our relationship. For example, our first date was to see the Rock Never Stops tour (LA Guns, Firehouse, Warrant, Ratt, Dokken), so we included a song from each. We originally met because she mentioned Savatage in her Match.com ad, so we included our favorite Savatage song, and so on.

Music is far too important to both of us to have not included it in our wedding. No one complained about any of it, and I think that everyone that attended knows us and the music we like, so they were prepared!
That is so totally awesome. Great soundtrack, great story. Did you do a commercial for match.com yet? You should!