ProgPower USA XII Roster Discussion

Saturday:

DREAM EVIL

The Dream Evil tune and video caught my attention during the intro vid Friday night. Just got a chance to listen to a few of their songs on YouTube. Holy crap, they're awesome! :headbang:

Not sure how I missed them before. The singer's upper range reminds me of Halford a little.

The Dream Evil tune and video caught my attention during the intro vid Friday night. Just got a chance to listen to a few of their songs on YouTube. Holy crap, they're awesome! :headbang:

Not sure how I missed them before. The singer's upper range reminds me of Halford a little.

A tinsy bit. I personally think he's more in line with Sheepers. He's another Halford wannabe though. Not dissing the guy. He's a great singer and all but yeah.

Awesome, glad yall are digging the WHW stuff! We don't get to play live as often as we'd like cause the members are actually spread out over several states, I'm Raleigh, NC and we've got people in Dale City, Fredericksburg, Danville, VA and Myrtle Beach, SC. It does make the live shows we can do alot more special though. We're doing one more gig this year on Sept 25 in Raleigh,NC and then for the rest of the year, we're working on recording a new studio album. There's a live album and possibly a dvd coming out in November from our gig at the Hammer of Doom fest in Germany we did this past February as well. So, there'll be a few more releases soon that you can sink your ears into!

Hails to Glenn!

Cool! If your next album is as awesome as Vast Oceans Lachrymose, than I am very impatiently awaiting to hear it!

That is so cool, as I am currently living in Fredericksburg, VA myself (been in the area for the past 17 years). I also thought how cool it was to see that your last album was also recorded in Fredericksburg. Will be cool to see a band that is basically from this area to be playing at PP. I wonder which member is the one in Fredericksburg. I'll be looking forward to seeing you guys and hopefully getting to meet you. Shame the only show is in Raleigh, as that is a bit far on somewhat short notice. Have you guys tried to play at Jaxx there in Springfield, VA?

I posted the band list for ppusa 12 on the pp europe forum, and i hate how all the guys and gals on that forum talk about how crappy the ppusa is because its not about the prog. They write things like Dreamevil PROG? They say things as if we are not smart enough to have nothing but prog metal or something. Oh well I think the list of bands is amazing I have found some new bands that I enjoy and I can't wait to be there next year for ppusa 12! Oh yeah and i sure Jon Oliva's Pain is playing at PPE this year,and that's not very prog to me,more like straight forward heavy f,n metal.

I posted the band list for ppusa 12 on the pp europe forum, and i hate how all the guys and gals on that forum talk about how crappy the ppusa is because its not about the prog. They write things like Dreamevil PROG? They say things as if we are not smart enough to have nothing but prog metal or something. Oh well I think the list of bands is amazing I have found some new bands that I enjoy and I can't wait to be there next year for ppusa 12! Oh yeah and i sure Jon Oliva's Pain is playing at PPE this year,and that's not very prog to me,more like straight forward heavy f,n metal.

I wouldn't be too concerned with it. However they do have a valid point. The Europe chapter does trend on the prog side and the US chapter does trend on the Power side. I find it to be a good mix. The best thing that could come of that is that I check out the lineups of both fests and research unknown bands to find stuff on both sides of the fence that I like.

Not for nothing dude, but there are less negative comments about PPXII lineup on the ProgPower Europe thread then there were in the PPUSA thread. There are only a few comments on that thread to begin with, some are positive, a few negative and the rest don't really give an opinion on it.

Plus, they may not be aware that ProgPower USA is not an exclusively Progressive and Power metal festival. Instead of feeling angry or annoyed at it, maybe you should just say that there have been plenty of "PROG" bands in our fest before... Perhaps a link on their forum with the ProgPower USA history? Maybe that would cause them to realize that this festival is worth a trip across the atlantic, and will attract more people to PPUSA. That's better than posting that you're angry at their reaction imo. If anything, there's a chance that when looking at this reaction, they may actually say "Screw that" and never give our version of the fest a chance.

That's ridiculous. I mean it's called progPOWER!!!! The year Glenn booked the most prog (X) was the year it didn't sell out. What do you expect?

Oliva and Savatage are definitely prog though. I mean, they're not Dream Theater prog or anything, but they definitely have progressive elements to them. They're probably the quintessential equality of both prog and power in my opinion.

That's ridiculous. I mean it's called progPOWER!!!! The year Glenn booked the most prog (X) was the year it didn't sell out. What do you expect?

Oliva and Savatage are definitely prog though. I mean, they're not Dream Theater prog or anything, but they definitely have progressive elements to them. They're probably the quintessential equality of both prog and power in my opinion.

It's not as bad as it sounds.

One more thing, they have a reason to be proud of their fest too. The lineup is pretty damn good.

It's not as bad as it sounds.

One more thing, they have a reason to be proud of their fest too. The lineup is pretty damn good.

Ah. Gotcha.

And yeah, that lineup is good. I think it's pretty cool that the two fests are mostly different in terms of what they offer. USA is more power and Europe Prog.

Ah. Gotcha.

And yeah, that lineup is good. I think it's pretty cool that the two fests are mostly different in terms of what they offer. USA is more power and Europe Prog.

That's exactly right, and Dionysus seem to not know that fact. You can't blame their crowd for thinking our fest is too power, when they prefer the prog side of things and are used to more progressive stuff in their rosters.

I'm sorry, but you need to be really open minded to actually enjoy a lineup like theirs. Xerath, Love De Vice, Klone, Proghma C... It's no wonder some of the folks on our ProgPower, who seem to think Power Metal is the greatest thing ever wouldn't like their lineup.

I just got done listening to samples of the bands on the europe fest. Aspera is outstanding.

Why hate their reaction? It really shouldn't come as any great surprise. Although the fests share the name ProgPower, the philosophies have always been different.
Rene originally envisioned the name to imply the Power of Prog. Glenn adopted the name, but his vision was always Prog and Power.