Where is everybody coming from???

AMBR said:
Great photo. Is that Jesper and Peter? I'll be going with my brother, Dave and his wife, Michelle. Here's a picture of Dave and I taken last year with some guy from Finland. ;)
PP04timo1kot2.jpg

thats an awesome pic !

King Lek said:
Hey There....I have lived here in Raleigh since '89.

Not much of a metal scene here but a pretty good music scene.
We travel to see most metal shows.

Ziggy's in Winston Salem is about the best place in NC near here for metal shows...saw Rhapsody and BLS there this year.

In Raleigh the Lincoln Theater is a good place for shows.....Clutch, Kings X....COC......

Have a few few smaller places like Kings and the Pour House that do mostly local bands.

You have The Cats Cradle in Chapel Hill....mostly indie scene though occasionally some really good shows.....saw the Eels....Cheap Trick...Souther Culture on the Skids....

If ya need sites and more info...pm me.

Excellent! Thanks for the info, Lek!

Poll> no man, KLM is a great company to fly with, but they are kinda expensive..... and Schiphol airport is a huge airport. If you have to wait in an airport ( which I've had do to a lot of times in the past year) then Schiphol is a good place to do this. Trust me, it's a helluvalot better than some airports in Turkey/ Greece/ Belgium where everything is closed at night. Sometimes even the whole airport closes down and then you have to wait outside..... 4 real!

AMBR- if everyone is as friendly as people are in this forum, I'm gonna enjoy very much staying in Atlanta.
Is it a nice place to be at? I might come some days earlier or stay a few extra days to check the place out.
And if anyone knows a cheap flight from Tel Aviv to Atlanta, I'm listening. it's almost cheaper to fly back to Holland and then to the US. God damn!!!!

Morticia NL. said:
Poll> no man, KLM is a great company to fly with, but they are kinda expensive..... and Schiphol airport is a huge airport. If you have to wait in an airport ( which I've had do to a lot of times in the past year) then Schiphol is a good place to do this. Trust me, it's a helluvalot better than some airports in Turkey/ Greece/ Belgium where everything is closed at night. Sometimes even the whole airport closes down and then you have to wait outside..... 4 real!

AMBR- if everyone is as friendly as people are in this forum, I'm gonna enjoy very much staying in Atlanta.
Is it a nice place to be at? I might come some days earlier or stay a few extra days to check the place out.
And if anyone knows a cheap flight from Tel Aviv to Atlanta, I'm listening. it's almost cheaper to fly back to Holland and then to the US. God damn!!!!

I had a 5 hour layover in Schiphol airport and I have to say, it IS one of the nicest airports to get "stuck" in. Though I was lucky to have a relative near Amsterdam who took me out for coffee, I still had to hang there for awhile and it was like chilling in a very comfortable mall or something. In contrast, I just spent 3 hours in Philadelphia International last night and it was not nice, not fun and a regular pain in the ass. I even had to endure the "full security check". Don't ask; not pleasant.

Morticia NL - I'm from the New Jersey, NYC area, so I only know Atlanta from ProgPower and my impression is that it is much like many big U.S. cities; there are nice and not-so-nice areas and mostly great people, but some not so great. What I can tell you, is the area around Earthlink where ProgPower is held is quite nice and during the days around the festival weekend there are tons of SUPER nice metal fans.:headbang: Everyone is wearing band shirts and talking to each other and it's really cool. Dave and I along with a lot of others, will be there from Wednesday to Sunday so you'll be sure to meet lots of fun, friendly people in that area during that time. Good luck on getting the flight. On that, I know nothing. :dopey:

Security check- eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!
I know about this, every time I go to Israel I'm like soo afraid they're gonna give me the 'special' treatment. They keep me in customs for hours each time on the way there AND back.But it is just a very long interview they do and they search all of my bagage- runing through my underwear and stuff. Asking me questions like: so you are here just to see some metalband you know? Are they in the charts or something ( yup- that's the level u get inthere) I was so afraid they were not gonna believe me!
I almost missed my flight last time, then they appointed a personal security person to me when I complained about missing my flight. It was kinda cool: me running through the whole airport with some guy next to me, carrying my bag.....

hahaha i can imagine the picture.... you were a VIP ! ;)
hope it won't be that troublesome this time... as you have to be in time... we have to meet in Atlanta, right? thank you for your kind word in another thread.. you are traveling all the way too!
about the people @ the festival, i've been there just once BUT it was the happiest experience in my life - it was a gathering of the most friendly people. hope this year will be the same! :)

Hey I'll be driving down I-75 South from Grand Rapids, MI.
I may be caravanning with the Justdefy guys from Detroit.
Anyone along the way is welcome to join the pack :Spin:

~Tammy~

AMBR said:
I had a 5 hour layover in Schiphol airport and I have to say, it IS one of the nicest airports to get "stuck" in. Though I was lucky to have a relative near Amsterdam who took me out for coffee, I still had to hang there for awhile and it was like chilling in a very comfortable mall or something. In contrast, I just spent 3 hours in Philadelphia International last night and it was not nice, not fun and a regular pain in the ass. I even had to endure the "full security check". Don't ask; not pleasant.

Oh just great! I will be going through Philly airport on to Amsterdam the end of July for vacation a couple of weeks! Is Philly really that bad! AMBR?

I will be back for PP, coming or going from SD(san Diego)!

Morticia NL. said:

I loved KLM too, but unfortunatly had to go with cheaptickets.com.

Morticia NL, What town are you from?

Yeah, I'm coming from Mandeville, Louisiana. So many people are coming from our small town it blows my mind. A couple of us went and then came back with shirts and everyone else couldn't believe such a great festival existed in North America. I think the count is twelve coming this year, from our town alone.

Proud to be one of 'em. :headbang:

I got about a 40min drive , tops...

See ya all there(note: Ya all, not "y'all"...I ain't from around here..LOL)

80's AL

We're driving up from Tampa Bay area in Florida... first PPusa! can't wait -- thanks glenn... crista