Where is everybody coming from??

Drivin' up from Hollywood Florida (just south of Ft. lauderdale). Went to PP2, missed last year, but I'm bringing two buddies of mine who haven;t been to this concert before so it should be a blast.

PP2 I stayed with a buddy who lived in Atlanta - about 40 minutes from the Earthlink. This time me and my buddies are in one fo the hotels right there on the street of the venue - within' stumbling distance!! Man, I can't wait for Sept! :tickled::tickled:

ThXinc said:
Driving from Dallas while bringing someone from New Mexico with me.

Gee, who might that be? ;)

I'll be road trippin down from Virginia with some friends..good company & good tunes should make for a fun drive!

Lady of the Oracle said:
I'll be road trippin down from Virginia with some friends..good company & good tunes should make for a fun drive!

I'll be doing that road trip as well, although to get to Virginia I need to first do a 5-6 hour train trip to Helsinki (Finland) and then fly some 5000 miles from Helsinki to the US ;)

And yes, it should be a fun drive indeed! Six more long weeks to wait..

-Aki-

So I finally scored the time off *rubs knees* and I'll be flying from Baltimore. I'll be bringing two friends that aren't part of these general communities - one's driving up from Florida and the other's flying in from CA. Two of us at once is enough trouble as it is, but all three of us are going to be in one place. Be very afraid. :loco:

And Aki, if you don't find me for hellos and hugs, I'm gonna kill you when *I* get to Finland in, oh, a couple years. ;)

Flyin' from Mexico City along with 2 buddies. We missed it last year, which I guess was one of the best festivals of all humankind history!!!

Looking forward for Secret Sphere, Nightwish and Circle 2 Circle!!!!!!

Farewell!!

T.J. Swoboda said:
Let's see, there was Threshold... Yep, you missed one of the best festivals of all humankind history. :( Era muy pinche bien... :)

--T.J.

Well TJ, actually I was talkin' about Blind Guardian, Angra, Gamma Ray and Edguy for the most of it!!! Hehehe, although Threshold is cool too!

I see that you're from Illinois, just a little bit out of subject, do you follow the Chicago Bears? Or which is your football team?

You jest, but Threshold was one of the highlights for me (and a reason I am going back this year).

I had never heard one them, was able to find maybe one song by them online before the show, so I was going in blind.

They blew me away. I started watching in the seats, and just had to move down halfway through the set. I immediately went out to the concourse and bought their two most recent albums. In the past year, both of those albums keep going back to my CD player.

So, I am going this year, knowing little about some of the bands, looking for "this year's" Threshold.

Steve

Stratosimon said:
I see that you're from Illinois, just a little bit out of subject, do you follow the Chicago Bears? Or which is your football team?
I'm a very moderate sports fan, but consider myself a fan of all the Chicago teams. I'm a Cubs fan, I don't hate the Sox but I'd much rather see the Cubs go all the way. As for the Bears, I really hope they can pull off a repeat of 2001 this year, minus the luck factor they had in several of those games two years ago. I was ten years old when they won the '85 season Superbowl. I'd love to see them do it again...

DarkOne said:
You jest, but Threshold was one of the highlights for me (and a reason I am going back this year).

I had never heard one them, was able to find maybe one song by them online before the show, so I was going in blind.

They blew me away. I started watching in the seats, and just had to move down halfway through the set. I immediately went out to the concourse and bought their two most recent albums. In the past year, both of those albums keep going back to my CD player.

So, I am going this year, knowing little about some of the bands, looking for "this year's" Threshold.

Steve
Yes, they kicked some SERIOUS ass. Hypothetical was the first album of theirs that I got (I first heard of them around the time Clone came out in '98, took me three years to finally check them out) and obviously I was hooked. Hypothetical grabbed me by the balls right away and is my favorite album of theirs, Clone took longer to grow on me but now I think it's about as good as Hypothetical. (It was VERY cool to hear them play "The Latent Gene at PP3.")

The first half of Critical Mass is good IMO, but the second half leaves a LOT to be desired. It's worth the price just for "Phenomonon," though.

They need to get their asses back to the Western Hemisphere! :yell:

--T.J.

I'm flying from Palm Springs, CA, This is my first PP Festival!!I can't wait to see all these bands for the first time! Long Live Metal! :hotjump: :hotjump:

metalchesy said:
I'm flying from Palm Springs, CA, This is my first PP Festival!!I can't wait to see all these bands for the first time! Long Live Metal! :hotjump: :hotjump:

This is my first Progpower festival as well (although I've wanted to go to the past 3...), and I am definitely looking forward to seeing all these great bands live and hanging out with my fellow prog fans. Only a few more weeks to go guys! :)

~Meg

I'm hitching a ride in the same overloaded vehicle as Jax and pollution. Coming from Vienna, Virginia, by way of Harrisonburg, Virginia. I've been to the last three, and I'm sure this will be at least as much fan.

See you all there!
Kez

Prog Maiden said:
This is my first Progpower festival as well (although I've wanted to go to the past 3...), and I am definitely looking forward to seeing all these great bands live and hanging out with my fellow prog fans. Only a few more weeks to go guys! :)

~Meg
Hey, you're in Aurora! I lived out in Plano for my first 26 years, then moved to Plainfield a year and a half ago. Consider driving to Atlanta, it's only twelve hours! :D

--T.J.

T.J. Swoboda said:
Hey, you're in Aurora! I lived out in Plano for my first 26 years, then moved to Plainfield a year and a half ago. Consider driving to Atlanta, it's only twelve hours! :D

--T.J.

No way! My car would never make it out there, in fact it probably wouldn't make it out of Illinois, heh. Anyway, I'm going to be moving out east in 2 weeks to Philadelphia since I'll be attending school there, so I'm flying out from Philly to Atlanta with a couple buddies of mine. Should be a blast. :)

~Meg