Åkerfeldt is out of Bloodbath again.

Probably not, but that's all that needs to be said, nothing else important going on ;)

:)

Well I think we all know that it won't end up being Peter, question is, if they want to be taking things more seriously, should we even be looking at current, big name vocalist?

I have a feeling the vocalist is going to be pretty random. Per was a unknown guitarist before Bloodbath and now Katatonia. Obviously Dan is not going to be the vocalist after playing drums,guitar, and being a songwriter in the band. And not to mentioned kicked out.

Well this album simply doesnt stick after two spins, its a grower.

the problem is (imo) is that there were only a few good songs (at the behest of their death, wretched human mirror for example), some songs with really good parts (like outro to hades rising) and some really shitty riffs that barely even got saved by åkerfeldts vocals (slaughtering the will to live etc). oh and where the slime mocks the cross.

Probably not, but that's all that needs to be said, nothing else important going on ;)

:)

I gave it a couple of spins when it first came out but I never got into it....there was simple nothing there to make me want listen to it again...

Well this album simply doesnt stick after two spins, its a grower.
I still can't get it into my head that there's so much disliking for TFM, when it first leaked and we were not 'allowed' to discuss it on the forum I could barely contain my rabid enthusiasm about it and I was expecting nothing but a total avalanche of praise and excitement when it was released officially. I mean, it had eveything BB fans could possibly wish for. Mike delivering his most crushing and brutal growls EVER, Axe's skullcrushing drumming. The first seconds of the album opener alone pulverize every bone in your body. Total Death Metal Ecstacy! I couldn't fathom anyone not being totally exited about it.. How wrong I was.. Still can't believe nor understand it.

This goes for UtP too btw, although it generally gets some less criticism than TFM. Both are equally awesome in my book though. BY FAR (!!) the best they've done. Actually the only BB releases I keep playing over and over again.

ANYWAY, no surprise Mike left, I thought he already had kinda left in a way..

I loved the Fathomless Mastery...I didn't see it as radically different from any of their prior work.

That is to say I expected a Bloodbath album and got a Bloodbath album. You're all acting like they betrayed your trust :lol:

I didn't see it as consistent as previous releases, however it was still great. The style seems to strike a negative note with quite a few(in particular with the swedes on this thread) however I didn't feel the song writing was lazy at all...the album took more time to get fully acquainted with, but that was all really.

I still can't get it into my head that there's so much disliking for TFM, when it first leaked and we were not 'allowed' to discuss it on the forum I could barely contain my rabid enthusiasm about it and I was expecting nothing but a total avalanche of praise and excitement when it was released officially. I mean, it had eveything BB fans could possibly wish for. Mike delivering his most crushing and brutal growls EVER, Axe's skullcrushing drumming. The first seconds of the album opener alone pulverize every bone in your body. Total Death Metal Ecstacy! I couldn't fathom anyone not being totally exited about it.. How wrong I was.. Still can't believe nor understand it.

This goes for UtP too btw, although it generally gets some less criticism than TFM. Both are equally awesome in my book though. BY FAR (!!) the best they've done. Actually the only BB releases I keep playing over and over again.

ANYWAY, no surprise Mike left, I thought he already had kinda left in a way..

all this talk makes me want to hear it again...