08-09 NFL Thread

Pats lose... OK that's all from me.....
But will they continue to lose, and What about Green Bay? Is it Fizzle time for the replacement QB's?
The Colts? Damn What happened to the Pics that the experts told us about?
Kiffen Fired? Who will take over? ME Baby ME!!!!

Raiders coach Kiffin to be fired as early as Monday
Allowing 17 points in the final eight minutes of a 24-23 loss to the Bills might prove the final straw for Al Davis.

Sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Sunday that the Oakland Raiders owner intends to fire coach Lane Kiffin as early as Monday. Team officials have told the coach of the impending move.

Kiffin

Foxsports.com first reported that Kiffin will be fired.

When asked after Sunday's defeat if he was worried about his job, Kiffin replied: "I don't even think about that."

Reports surfaced in the Contra Costa Times last week that Davis wanted to fire his coach because he was upset about a string of critical comments Davis viewed as a form of insubordination.

"There are certain things I can control, there's certain things I can't," Kiffin said last week. "This happens to be the next one. He has a decision to make. It does me no good to worry about it right now."

The questions about Kiffin's status have been lingering over the organization since January, when the coach and owner were at odds over the defensive coordinator in a dispute that led to Davis sending Kiffin a letter of resignation to sign.

The feud has simmered ever since Davis overruled Kiffin and kept defensive coordinator Rob Ryan on staff. Kiffin has been publicly critical of personnel moves since then, distancing himself from moves he felt were made by the owner. Kiffin admitted last week he probably could have handled his relationship with management better.

He acknowledges it's not easy to do his work amid all the reports about his job security but was proud of how his team has stayed focused.

"I don't think it helps. But like I said, I can't do anything about it," Kiffin said. "So all I can do is try to get our coaching staff to stay together in this type of situation, our players to stay together, and they did it last week [in a win over the Chiefs]. Our players did a great job in not allowing it to be a distraction for them."

How Fucking lame to not use time outs..... The play calling ....Kiffen might be fired after this...... The last 6 minutes of the game were gut wrenching!

Buffalo is off to a 3-0 start for the first time since 1992.
I was at the game and I watched Oaklands defensive front four dominate the line of scrimmage for 3 quarters. In the 4th qtr, they called off the dogs for some reason. That was when Buffalo took over.
Thoughts
-Like him or not. The players are playing their asses off for Kiffin. Nobody wants to coach for Al Davis. Leave Kiffin in there.
-Russel is not your QB of the future. Turn him into a TE or a DE. Trust me, I know what a physically gifted QB who can't digest a playbook looks like. (Rob Johnson, JP Losman anyone?) Jamarcus is not going to be a great QB.
I got the impression that Kiffin wasn't using the time-outs because he thought the Bills might play themselves out of time. He was also saving one of them to ice Lindell. The only problem being that he called the TO too late.
There were a good amount of Raider fans at the game. That is one thing I have to give Raider fans. They stand by their team. On the other hand. Do you think their fans would be so loyal if they didn't have the team colors they do? Imagine the Raiders with Tampa Bay's old color scheme. Would their fans still be so ardent?
If I could take a moment to rant. . .
Anyone who picks fights with another team's fan is a useless bag of shit! I'm at the game yesterday with my brother in law. He is a Raider fan. People were walking by and saying things like "Raiders suck!" which you should expect. However, when he responds, "Thank you, I wasn't aware." and people get puffy chested. They shouldn't be suprised when the guy wearing the Posluszny jersey standing next to him puts you on the ground. For cryin' out loud, if we all liked the same damn team this would be a pretty boring friggin' sport.

First off, Since I'm probably going to get a ration of shit let me just say the the Dolphins played an OUTSTANDING game!!! I don't care who's under center when a team comes in that focused and determined to win there's just no stopping them.... Congrats to Miami fans!!!!:)

Oakland played a great game!! Yeah, I know the whole timeouts thing but to be honest I think Kiffin wants Davis to fire him... He has probably had enough of that retard and losing a game they were set to win at the end is a sure fire way to push Davis over the edge...

Colts are such a joke!! As bummed out as I was with the Pats, Peyton gave me some happiness!!

Steelers - Eagles was an awesome game too!!! Love that psycho defense both teams brought!!

The Broncos are getting all their gifts early and will probably get none by Christmas time.... Crazy fun to watch though!!!

Catch a ration of shit? Of course you are going to. That's what happens when you are the top. You get knocked down and suddenly the sky is falling.
If you are a Pats fan. Here is why you should not be worried.
-Did you really expect the Pats to go 16-0 again?
-Miami ALWAYS plays New England tough. That is what a division opponent is supposed to do.
-When was the last time Bellichik got outcoached?
-New England has a relatively soft schedule
-Buffalo is 3-0 but hasn't beaten NE in at least a couple of years.

I admit that I am happy NE lost. A loss within the division to a team Buffalo can beat is good news. I didn't get a chance to watch the game so, I can't comment on the game itself. Who saw it? Did they get beat because Miami executed? Has age caught up with NE's defense?

It's going to be an exciting year.

I forgot to add. We can't toss Kiffin under the bus for the defensive calls late yesterday. When he took the job, it was made clear that he was not going to have any control over the defensive side of the ball.

the guy wearing the Posluszny jersey standing next to him puts you on the ground.

Nice choice for a shirt!! With Fletcher in Washington and Bruce Smith retired that's the shirt I'd go with!! Actually re reading this post I forgot to add the great Darryll Talley to the list of Bills shirts I would wear..

-Miami ALWAYS plays New England tough. That is what a division opponent is supposed to do.
Tried selling that one to the peeps last night to help them dry their tears.. I'm bummed but I didn't expect a division foe to come here and roll over and play dead for us!!

--When was the last time Bellichik got outcoached?
Yesterday afternoon... Time before that....Last years Super Bowl

It's going to be an exciting year.
No doubt about it!!! Parity is back in the NFL!!! When you have a week where the Dolphins go into Gillette and pummel the Pats and at the same time the Jags beat the Colts in Indy and when the Steelers and Eagles play a week 3 game that looks like a damn bareknuckle brawl from the 30's you know that the year is going to be INSANE!!!! If the trend continues look for Favre and the Jets to send the Chargers to 0-3 tonight!!!

Nice choice for a shirt!! With Fletcher in Washington and Bruce Smith retired that's the shirt I'd go with!! Actually re reading this post I forgot to add the great Darryll Talley to the list of Bills shirts I would wear..

I met Darryl Talley. He and Don Beebe have to be two of the funniest people I have ever met.

Tried selling that one to the peeps last night to help them dry their tears.. I'm bummed but I didn't expect a division foe to come here and roll over and play dead for us!!

Yesterday afternoon... Time before that....Last years Super Bowl
With each game the Giants win. The less I believe Bellichik got outcoached in the SB. Nobody respects the talent the Giants have. Even going into this year. Everyone had the defending SB champs dropping off big time. It's time to stop saying the Giants caught lightning in a bottle and start talking about them as a talented, possibly elite team.

If the trend continues look for Favre and the Jets to send the Chargers to 0-3 tonight!!!

If San Diego doesn't figure out what they want to do on defense without Marion. The Jets are going to own them. I think SD has waaay too much talent to allow the Jets to beat them.

:heh:

My Ravens beat the Bengals and we beat the Browns.

Tune in Monday night, I think the guys have some retribution in store for Pittsburgh following our horrible season last year. :heh:

:loco: - Kellen Winslow following getting smacked by Ray Lewis - HARD !!!

Man The Broncos finally got exposed for the frauds I knew they were .Ever since that blown call I knew The Donkeys were just looking good purely on luck. Getting exposed by a team as shitty as KC has got to put things into true perspective for donkey fans.

Raiders Lose yet again!

Regrets? Lane Kiffin has a few, like consecutive come-from-ahead losses. But...

"Can't look back now," Kiffin said Sunday after the Raiders won the first three quarters against the Chargers, 15-3, then lost the fourth quarter, 25-3.
More Sports

* Chargers rally to 10th straight win over Raiders 09.28.08
* This week in Bay Area baseball history 09.28.08
* Mariners, Nationals neck-and-neck for worst record - first draft pick 09.28.08
* If Cubs offer extension, will Piniella want it? 09.28.08

Kiffin can't look back because, to paraphrase Satchel Paige, Al Davis might be gaining on him.

And might catch him today.

Today Davis must either fire Kiffin or grit his teeth and announce his (Davis') unqualified support for the head coach he can't stand to talk to.

Failure to act decisively by Davis, today, at the start of the bye week, would be a sucker punch to his players, his front office, his coaching staff, his fans and his own legacy.

One more day of sitting on his hands and Davis convinces the world that he has lost not only his fastball, but also his curve, slider, change-up, spitball and eephus pitch.

It's been kinda fun so far, but how many more episodes of "The Three Stooges in a Submarine" can the players take before they demand some kind of leadership from Davis?

The team isn't hopeless or hapless. There are 12 games remaining. Plenty of time to get some stuff going, with an interesting new quarterback, a peppy (for three quarters) defense, and a loyal-beyond-sanity (no offense, Black Holers) fan base.

But Davis must act. Enough, already, of Al as drama queen.

It's gotten so crazy that there are people who would swear Davis was rooting against his team Sunday, because a loss would give Davis the opening to fire Kiffin, who is under Davis' skin like a 220-pound tick.

If Davis can't pull the trigger now, either fire his coach or say "He's my guy," then Davis forfeits the remaining shreds of his street cred.

Kiffin, meanwhile, is thriving. Sunday he faced the media with dignity, praised his team's effort, praised his coaching staff, including (by name) defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, and waxed optimistic.

After the formal interview-room Q-and-A, Kiffin did something unprecedented. He went to the locker room and held court again. A cynic would say he's waging a PR battle against Davis and to prove that he, Kiffin, is the reasonable and sane one.

(A stance that was undercut somewhat when Kiffin ordered Sebastian Janikowski to attempt a 76-yard field goal at the end of the first half, which would have tied a record set on a distant galaxy. No JaMarcus Russell Hail Mary pass? Nah, let's put our money on a sudden hurricane sweeping in from the north.)

Kiffin said he's not discouraged.

"When I get discouraged is when the team doesn't play with effort or play smart football," he said. "I thought our guys came out electric."

Kiffin said he doesn't seek advice on how to handle his strange predicament because, "You talk to people you trust, but I don't think anyone would understand (his current situation)."

Kiffin said he told his players Sunday he was really proud of them.

He probably was, but he would be a fool to turn on his players now.

The players, publicly, insist they put the whole Kiffin-Davis slap fight out of their heads when they practice and play. No player publicly dumps on the coach.

"The spark was there the last couple of games," said linebacker Kirk Morrison. "If we win the last two, we're praising our head coach. It's not his fault."

Morrison said the Raiders are playing with max effort and, "That shows what we think about our head coach."

"He coaches his butt off every day," said tight end Zach Miller.

Now it's time for Al Davis to manage his butt off.

Unless Davis is using some kind of clever management trick, like creative tension, it appears that he has lost control, that he is frantically cranking the steering wheel of a race car that has flipped onto its roof and is skidding towards a trackside fuel silo.

The situation is zany. You've got a coach with a 5-15 record picking up significant support from fans. Try going 5-15 as a coach in New York, or San Francisco, no matter how swell a guy you are, and see how much love you get.

Maybe it doesn't really matter. This isn't a SuperBowl team if Vince Lombardi rises up and coaches the rest of the season.

The players have adjusted to their lame duck coach. What are they going to do, quit?

The fans, in a perverse way, might be enjoying the show, because it's better than being bored to death.

But it seems like a crazy way to run a football team. Or not run it.

Maybe that will change today. Here's a coin, Mr. Davis, give it a flip.

m_580b875f091b4fbdaf97edb67d5f2a79.jpg

Raiders Lose yet again!.

I know this is going to sound crazy but I hope you can see the light at the end of the tunnel Thraxx!! The Raider offense is definitely finding itself and even if they're picking in the top 10 in the draft this year it's easy to see that Oakland is a team with alot of talent!!

I'd like to say a bright future as well but upper mgmt will probably block that from happening!!! I honestly hope Lane Kiffin gets fired this week.. Not for that clown Al Davis's shortsighted vision of the team but to get the monkey off of Kiffins back so that maybe he can get a job in a better organization as a coordinator or whatever.

I know this is going to sound crazy but I hope you can see the light at the end of the tunnel Thraxx!! The Raider offense is definitely finding itself and even if they're picking in the top 10 in the draft this year it's easy to see that Oakland is a team with alot of talent!!

I'd like to say a bright future as well but upper mgmt will probably block that from happening!!! I honestly hope Lane Kiffin gets fired this week.. Not for that clown Al Davis's shortsighted vision of the team but to get the monkey off of Kiffins back so that maybe he can get a job in a better organization as a coordinator or whatever.

I wish they would have pulled Russell and put in Andrew Walter, JaMarcus has tunnelvision and isn't running out of the pocket enough.

So now you show up.......
Where were you when the Chargers were o - 2?

GO Frack yourself!

Think 0-2 really scared me? We were 1-3 last year and made it to the end.

Blackout? LMAO yeah maybe one of these years you will beat us. 5 years since you have beat the Chargers. Oh but wait I guess that is OK because you won a super bowl before you were born. :lol: No matter how tough all your thug fans try to be, no matter how much stupid make up and darth vader gear they wear, no matter how many gang members root for your team (because of the colors) the fact of the matter is your organization is a joke. Until Al Davis dies you stand no chance in this league. We will beat the Raiders again next time we play them on Thursday night football and tie the longest winning streak against a team :kickass:

This slideshow is just for you http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h111/brentchipperfield99/raiders/?action=view&current=1164875358.pbw

Think 0-2 really scared me? We were 1-3 last year and made it to the end.

Blackout? LMAO yeah maybe one of these years you will beat us. 5 years since you have beat the Chargers. Oh but wait I guess that is OK because you won a super bowl before you were born. :lol: No matter how tough all your thug fans try to be, no matter how much stupid make up and darth vader gear they wear, no matter how many gang members root for your team (because of the colors) the fact of the matter is your organization is a joke. Until Al Davis dies you stand no chance in this league. We will beat the Raiders again next time we play them on Thursday night football and tie the longest winning streak against a team :kickass:

This slideshow is just for you http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h...9/raiders/?action=view&current=1164875358.pbw

lol.....your a shame to football, and the fans

anyone can make a slideshow about the team fans....charger fans are all the same...wont say shit until they win the game

lol.....your a shame to football, and the fans

anyone can make a slideshow about the team fans....charger fans are all the same...wont say shit until they win the game

I am saying now that the Broncos will not win the West. If they are lucky then might be able to find a wild card spot. But most likely with their god aweful defense they probably won't.... unless your buddy Ed Hochuli gives you a few more wins.

hakshangaytat.jpg