08-09 NFL Thread

The Patriots are 0 - 4 in the preseason... This has not happened for 18 years... I was listening to sirius radio..... Things are truly looking up!!!!

Has Christmas come early.....yes they won but that can't last!
nfl_a_brady_400.jpg

Back Again...
San Diego Lost, Indy Lost.... Whats up!!!!!

Has Christmas come early.....yes they won but that can't last

Don't read too much into it.. You're forgetting that Belichick is the greatest genius/liar/cheater in the NFL!!! This could be nothing more than a strain requiring a few weeks off. Plus we have a week 4 bye so if he's out till then I won't be sweating!!

Bottom line is.... I'm going to wait until the league makes Belichick tell us exactly where Brady is with his injury. If he's unable to come back this year yes the winning won't last.. If the Chiefs were better we would've lost that game.

The Colts are a joke!!! I can honestly see the Jags winning that division.
And as far as the Chargers go it seems like if they're not beating a team big they can't seem to win the close one.. I thought the Panthers looked very good!!

Don't read too much into it.. You're forgetting that Belichick is the greatest genius/liar/cheater in the NFL!!! This could be nothing more than a strain requiring a few weeks off. Plus we have a week 4 bye so if he's out till then I won't be sweating!!

Bottom line is.... I'm going to wait until the league makes Belichick tell us exactly where Brady is with his injury. If he's unable to come back this year yes the winning won't last.. If the Chiefs were better we would've lost that game.

The Colts are a joke!!! I can honestly see the Jags winning that division.
And as far as the Chargers go it seems like if they're not beating a team big they can't seem to win the close one.. I thought the Panthers looked very good!!

Could this be a big fat karma sandwich for Belichik? He had Brady on the injury report for 50+ weeks straight. A media report comes out saying that Brady has a hairline fracture in his foot. What does Belichik do? He gets cute and takes Brady off the injury report and WHAM! Brady goes down.
I am not ready to hand the division to Buffalo or the Jets just yet though. Backup QB's have come in and done very well. Jeff Hoestetler and Kurt Warner won Super Bowls. The Ravens won a SB with friggn'Trent Dilfer. As long as the backup doesn't give away the ball. NE should be just fine. I had them winning 12 games this year. I think the loss of Brady might drop them back to 10-6. -A record that could win the AFC East if they play well within the division.
I am very happy with Buffalo beating on the Seahawks yesterday but, I am also a realist. Buffalo came out 2-0 five years ago. They whomped the Pats and then beat Jax in Jax. The rest of the season was dreadful.
BTW, I'm going to the Bills/Raiders game in two weeks. That should be fun!

Sorry TMAN....... Really... even though I hate the Patroits I would have really like to see how far the would have went......

Brady to have surgery, miss rest of 2008 season

The worst fears of New England Patriots fans have been realized. According to a release issued by the team, quarterback Tom Brady's 2008 season is over.

"After extensive tests this morning, it was revealed that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's left knee, which was injured in the first quarter of yesterday's game, will require surgery. He will be placed on injured reserve and will miss the remainder of the 2008 season."
Brady was injured midway through the first quarter of Sunday's season opener with Kansas City when he was hit in the knee by Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard.

His replacement, Matt Cassel, helped the Patriots to a 17-10 win over the Chiefs. But despite the win, his struggles at home against one of the league's weaker teams seemed to suggest the Patriots might want to explore all available options at the position.

"We'll do what we feel like is best for our football team," head coach Bill Belichick said.

Yes but be ready for a BIg Can Of Whoop Ass! IMO!

I'll reserve judgement until I see them play tonight. I have McFadden on my fantasy team and want to see how he looks. If I had to make a call right now. The Raiders are going home from Buffalo with a loss. On paper, I think the Raiders are a lot like the Bills. Above average defense, great punter, young QB/RB/WR's. The difference will be home field, special teams and discipline. Bills win.

Could this be a big fat karma sandwich for Belichik? He had Brady on the injury report for 50+ weeks straight. A media report comes out saying that Brady has a hairline fracture in his foot. What does Belichik do? He gets cute and takes Brady off the injury report and WHAM! Brady goes down.

I said this exact same thing today at work and damn near got into a fistfight.. I love the Pats!! But really do love football more than just one team.. I wish some of my fellow N.E. fans would pull there heads from their ass and open their eyes and realize this doesn't mean the season is over.

Sorry TMAN....... Really... even though I hate the Patroits I would have really like to see how far the would have went......
Thanks bro..I feel the same way but you know what now I guess we'll see if Brady is truly the whole team or if the surrounding cast can rally together and not miss a beat.. The Chiefs game can't be counted due to the fact that they suck.... Lets see what a few weeks bring.

Raiders will come last in the AFC West this season...

Remember this day!!!!!

Well I will be there Monday night when the Raiders will BEAT the Broncos.....
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL! ON ESPN!!!!!!!

Still Remember

Will see.....
Monday Night!!!!!
Will be ours!

OK...Remember this day

i Remember...Foster Farms Remembers....do you?

Hear that.... I eating a BIS ASS BOWL OF CROW............. Ok that was the most pathetic thing i have seen in .... well since last season..... DeAnglo Hall fuck him.... Were screwed.... I can't take much more of this.....You are right Will be lucky to win A GAME.......as Nick Nolte sez in the Movie 48 hours CALL FOR HELP NOW!!!
Broncos crush inept Raiders 41-14

Oakland committed five personal fouls, botched a reverse for a 15-yard loss and was dominated on both sides of the ball in a performance that drew plenty of boos from a frustrated crowd that has grown all too used to this type of game. The Raiders have an NFL worst 19-62 record since 2004, and even the first game with Russell and Darren McFadden together couldn't change that.
sp-jamfront09_0499108189.jpg

Russell and Darren McFadden together couldn't change that.

Don't give up too quickly on Russell!! Dude has a cannon for an arm and WILL get better!! Also take into account that McFadden's first NFL game was last night.... He'll improve too!!

I know you hate to hear it but Al Davis is the reason the Raiders SUCK!!
No good coach wants to work for him and he is too stupid and arrogant to change his ways!! I feel bad for the fans because with the right direction and alot discipline Oakland is a winning team. But that's not likely to happen till Davis croaks

Well, Brandon Marshall is the "Stud" wideout on my fantasy team... I hope he doesn't let me down!!

My QB Drew Brees lost his best receiver for a month or more yesterday and I'll need good production

How many of you folks play Fantasy Football? What does your roster look like? Here's mine:
Donny McNabb
Johnny Kitna
Jason Campbell

Darren McFadden
Matty Forte
Michael Turner
Ladell Betts

Marvin Harrison
Steve Smith
Roy Williams
Lee Evans
Donte Stallworth

Vernon Davis
Dustin Keller

Stephen Gostowski
Josh Scobee

Packers/Saints D/ST.
My league is a keeper league but, you only get to keep 3 players. My team last year was so bad, I kept Kitna, Roy Williams and Steve Smith. The rest I drafted this year. Last year, I had Rudi Johnson and Sean Alexander. My team was horrendous.

Q, you got a good looking team there!! Turner lit it up last week!!

Here's mine...

Drew Brees / Philip Rivers

Bernard Berrian / Brandon Marshall
Devery Henderson / Kevin Walter / Jerry Porter

Steven Jackson / Thomas Jones
Maurice Jones-Drew / Sammy Morris / Michael Pittman

Tony Scheffler / Alge Crumpler

Stephen Gostowski

David Harris / DeMeco Ryans
Jon Beason / Jonathan Vilma
Barrett Ruud / Michael Boley
Derrick Johnson / Mike Petersen / A.J. Hawk

I only play in IDP leagues (obviously:)) since defense is my favorite side of the ball I pay most attention to it.. I mean EVERYONE knows that L.T. And A.P. should have a huge season!! But I like to be the guy who finds the breakout defender who can win a close game for me with tackles & sacks (Patrick Willis was that guy for me last year)

How many of you folks play Fantasy Football? What does your roster look like? Here's mine:
Donny McNabb
Johnny Kitna
Jason Campbell

Darren McFadden
Matty Forte
Michael Turner
Ladell Betts

Marvin Harrison
Steve Smith
Roy Williams
Lee Evans
Donte Stallworth

Vernon Davis
Dustin Keller

Stephen Gostowski
Josh Scobee

Packers/Saints D/ST.
My league is a keeper league but, you only get to keep 3 players. My team last year was so bad, I kept Kitna, Roy Williams and Steve Smith. The rest I drafted this year. Last year, I had Rudi Johnson and Sean Alexander. My team was horrendous.

NFL | Vince Young's mom: Tennessee QB doesn't want to play

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — If Vince Young isn't sure he wants to play football anymore, he didn't show it Wednesday.

He reported to work, watched part of practice with a wrap around his sprained left knee and avoided reporters wanting to talk about his mother's comments indicating he doesn't want to play because of the negativity he's faced since being booed heavily during a 17-10 win over Jacksonville.

His coach and teammates are sticking with their quarterback, and the official story that whatever happened that prompted coach Jeff Fisher to alert police to help locate Young and check on his emotional well-being was just a misunderstanding. And that it was blown out of proportion by the media.

And no, Young doesn't have to prove his commitment to either Fisher or his teammates.

"He led us to the playoffs last year. We just want him to get healthy and back on the field," Fisher said.

The quarterback didn't talk to reporters, but Fisher did promise Young will speak "at some point."

Veteran quarterback Kerry Collins will start for Tennessee this week, and Chris Simms was signed as insurance.

Felicia Young said in Wednesday's editions of The Tennessean that her son is tired of all the negativity he's faced.

"What would you think, if you were tired of being ridiculed and persecuted and talked about and not being treated very well, what would you do? What kind of decision would you make?" Felicia Young said. "He may not want to deal with it [all], but you have to get to that point before you make that decision first.

"But we're not talking about football right now. We're talking about what would make him happy, and that is the most important thing."

Felicia Young said her son needs some space.

"It is hard, all he is going through right now. He's hurting inside and out," she told The Tennessean.