08-09 NFL Thread

well if those wins are over the chargers ill take em...nothing better than to piss off a team

I will bet you anything you want that when the Donkeys come to San Diego we will absolutely destroy them. We already beat you at your home with our defense playing horrible... then the ref fucked up and gave you the game.

Now that our defense is back and healthy we will not allow Cuntler to pass all over the place and our Offense will put up over 40

If we played tomorrow the score would be Chargers 42 - Donkeys 27

Well things just got worse for the Raiders.......

Raiders finally fire Kiffin, consider promoting assistants

The inevitable became reality Tuesday when Lane Kiffin was fired by Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis on Tuesday.

In a one-paragraph release, the team said "Lane Kiffin has been released as head coach of the Oakland Raiders for cause. "

Sources told ESPN that Kiffin was fired via the telephone and without pay.

Tom Cable, the team's offensive line coach, was emerging as the leading candidate to replace Kiffin, a source said. Cable was among three coaches interviewed by Davis on Monday night; the others were offensive coordinator Greg Knapp and special consultant Paul Hackett.

The team was planning to address the media at 5 p.m. ET Tuesday at its facility in Alameda, Calif., to discuss its decision.

Walk The Plank
The Raiders may have improved under Lane Kiffin -- but they were still among the dregs of the NFL.

Worst Win Pct., 2007-Present Team Pct. W-L
Dolphins .105 2-17
Rams .150 3-17
Raiders .250 5-15
* Chiefs .250 5-15
* - The Chiefs are the only team on this list not to make a coaching change since 2007.
More Kiffin coverage:
• Lane Kiffin's ouster in Oakland is the best thing that could have happened to the embattled coach, ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes. Blog
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• SportsNation: Who is to blame?

Unlike the St. Louis Rams, who fired coach Scott Linehan on Monday, the news was not delivered by Davis in a face-to-face meeting. Kiffin was notified by a team executive Tuesday morning that Davis would call him at 9:15 a.m. PT to relieve the coach of his duties. The call came shortly after that time.

Linehan also was allowed to speak briefly with his players on Monday. Kiffin will not be afforded the same opportunity, a source said.

The news did not blindside Kiffin, who was informed by a team executive that he would be fired after the Raiders 24-23 loss to the Buffalo Bills in week three. Even though Davis didn't act a week ago, as Kiffin was told, many team insiders expected the Oakland owner to fire the coach during this bye week.

The Raiders are 1-3, having blown leads in the fourth quarter to the Bills and the San Diego Chargers. During Kiffin's 20-game tenure, in which the team was 5-15, the Raiders took leads into the fourth quarter of 11 games.

Davis hired Kiffin, who was USC's offensive coordinator at the time, as the NFL's youngest coach at 31 years old in February 2007. Even though many observers questioned the hiring, Kiffin ultimately gained respect around the league for fielding a significantly more competitive team than the Raiders had displayed before he was hired.

More on ESPNEWS

ESPNews will have coverage of the Oakland Raiders' news conference to discuss the firing of Lane Kiffin, expected to begin Tuesday at 5 p.m. ET.

Despite being competitive in the majority of games, Kiffin and Davis had a falling out on several fronts, starting when Davis believed Kiffin expressed private interest in the head coaching position at the University of Arkansas during the 2007 season.

However, it was well-documented that their relationship disintegrated when Kiffin attempted to fire defensive coordinator Rob Ryan after the 2007 season. A source said Kiffin suggested to Davis that the owner had reneged on an agreement that the coach would have control over his own staff. Shortly thereafter, Davis sent a letter of resignation for Kiffin to sign, sources said. Kiffin declined.

They Be Scurvy Pirates
Many teams experience Super Bowl hangovers. But since Oakland went to Super Bowl XXXVII, the Raiders have been an absolute shipwreck:

Seasons 6
Coaches 4
Winning Pct. .238
Road Wins 7
* - worst in NFL

Kiffin also opposed some of Davis' big free-agent signings such as wide receiver Javon Walker and, to a lesser degree, cornerback DeAngelo Hall, sources said. Kiffin also expressed public frustration that the team was not more aggressive in claiming other team's released players via the waiver process to strengthen the bottom of the roster.

However, a Raiders source said that Davis privately sent a letter to Kiffin after the season's opening-game loss to the Broncos, attempting to "document" that the coach approved of the offseason acquisitions. A source close to Kiffin described that claim as "fiction."

Well things just got worse for the Raiders.......

Raiders finally fire Kiffin, consider promoting assistants

The inevitable became reality Tuesday when Lane Kiffin was fired by Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis on Tuesday.

In a one-paragraph release, the team said "Lane Kiffin has been released as head coach of the Oakland Raiders for cause. "

Sources told ESPN that Kiffin was fired via the telephone and without pay.

Tom Cable, the team's offensive line coach, was emerging as the leading candidate to replace Kiffin, a source said. Cable was among three coaches interviewed by Davis on Monday night; the others were offensive coordinator Greg Knapp and special consultant Paul Hackett.

The team was planning to address the media at 5 p.m. ET Tuesday at its facility in Alameda, Calif., to discuss its decision.

Walk The Plank
The Raiders may have improved under Lane Kiffin -- but they were still among the dregs of the NFL.

Worst Win Pct., 2007-Present Team Pct. W-L
Dolphins .105 2-17
Rams .150 3-17
Raiders .250 5-15
* Chiefs .250 5-15
* - The Chiefs are the only team on this list not to make a coaching change since 2007.
More Kiffin coverage:
• Lane Kiffin's ouster in Oakland is the best thing that could have happened to the embattled coach, ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes. Blog
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• SportsNation: Who is to blame?

Unlike the St. Louis Rams, who fired coach Scott Linehan on Monday, the news was not delivered by Davis in a face-to-face meeting. Kiffin was notified by a team executive Tuesday morning that Davis would call him at 9:15 a.m. PT to relieve the coach of his duties. The call came shortly after that time.

Linehan also was allowed to speak briefly with his players on Monday. Kiffin will not be afforded the same opportunity, a source said.

The news did not blindside Kiffin, who was informed by a team executive that he would be fired after the Raiders 24-23 loss to the Buffalo Bills in week three. Even though Davis didn't act a week ago, as Kiffin was told, many team insiders expected the Oakland owner to fire the coach during this bye week.

The Raiders are 1-3, having blown leads in the fourth quarter to the Bills and the San Diego Chargers. During Kiffin's 20-game tenure, in which the team was 5-15, the Raiders took leads into the fourth quarter of 11 games.

Davis hired Kiffin, who was USC's offensive coordinator at the time, as the NFL's youngest coach at 31 years old in February 2007. Even though many observers questioned the hiring, Kiffin ultimately gained respect around the league for fielding a significantly more competitive team than the Raiders had displayed before he was hired.

More on ESPNEWS

ESPNews will have coverage of the Oakland Raiders' news conference to discuss the firing of Lane Kiffin, expected to begin Tuesday at 5 p.m. ET.

Despite being competitive in the majority of games, Kiffin and Davis had a falling out on several fronts, starting when Davis believed Kiffin expressed private interest in the head coaching position at the University of Arkansas during the 2007 season.

However, it was well-documented that their relationship disintegrated when Kiffin attempted to fire defensive coordinator Rob Ryan after the 2007 season. A source said Kiffin suggested to Davis that the owner had reneged on an agreement that the coach would have control over his own staff. Shortly thereafter, Davis sent a letter of resignation for Kiffin to sign, sources said. Kiffin declined.

They Be Scurvy Pirates
Many teams experience Super Bowl hangovers. But since Oakland went to Super Bowl XXXVII, the Raiders have been an absolute shipwreck:

Seasons 6
Coaches 4
Winning Pct. .238
Road Wins 7
* - worst in NFL

Kiffin also opposed some of Davis' big free-agent signings such as wide receiver Javon Walker and, to a lesser degree, cornerback DeAngelo Hall, sources said. Kiffin also expressed public frustration that the team was not more aggressive in claiming other team's released players via the waiver process to strengthen the bottom of the roster.

However, a Raiders source said that Davis privately sent a letter to Kiffin after the season's opening-game loss to the Broncos, attempting to "document" that the coach approved of the offseason acquisitions. A source close to Kiffin described that claim as "fiction."

And now they say Al isn't going to pay Kiffin his money because he thinks he violated some clause in the contract :lol: The Raida's are fucked until this man dies. I hope he has a great doctor and stays as healthy and alive as long as possible so that the franchise will be a disaster for another 10 years :headbang:

travel_nflfans_590.jpg

Really..!!!!

And now they say Al isn't going to pay Kiffin his money because he thinks he violated some clause in the contract :lol: The Raida's are fucked until this man dies. I hope he has a great doctor and stays as healthy and alive as long as possible so that the franchise will be a disaster for another 10 years :headbang:

i just listened to the press confrence and Al built a good case..... Watch Sportcenter tonite....

FU!

I will bet you anything you want that when the Donkeys come to San Diego we will absolutely destroy them. We already beat you at your home with our defense playing horrible... then the ref fucked up and gave you the game.

Now that our defense is back and healthy we will not allow Cuntler to pass all over the place and our Offense will put up over 40

If we played tomorrow the score would be Chargers 42 - Donkeys 27

week 17

i just listened to the press confrence and Al built a good case..... Watch Sportcenter tonite....

FU!

Awesome, I hope he wins his 'case' against Kippin' so that he can afford to pay his medical bills and stay alive so that the Raiders are guaranteed to be a pile of shit team for as long as he is living. The Chargers will continue to own the AFC west for the next 5 years at least

Thraxx dude, I'm not going to harrass you since there's a troll playing that game right now......... BUT, there is NO WAY that senile corpse made a good case!! It's heresay between the two of them and since the team was in all the games they lost this year it would seem obvious that Kiffin didn't throw any games.. Imo, if anything it looks like Davis was trying to undermine the coach from the word go.

I said this to you when they hired him (I'm not going post digging, I'm sure you remember) When they tried to get Steve Mariucci and other name coaches to interview.... No one wants to work for that asshole!! I remember laughing when he hired a guy he fired to coach the team again (Art Shell) It's a lost cause.. And they won't get a decent coach so get used to this Cable guy.. I'm sure they'll talk to Cowher/ Billick and others (They have a shot at getting Billick but remember I said GOOD coach)

I feel for you bro!!! You black hole people should all pool in some dough and hire a hitman.. :heh:

Thanks TMAN! When your right your right...... Don't really give a shit who is coaching the team right now. Were on a crash course and no one is at the wheel. As for the Charger Fan? .... You have NEVER won a superbowl and NEVER WILL..... What good is it to own the AFC West if you can't win the big game. Marty Schottenheimer didn't get it done, Coach Mike Riley Fired and didnt get it done.. before that Coach Bobby Ross resigns; he would be replaced by Kevin Gilbried. Loser loser loser....the SuperBowl in 1995 Loser........Need i go on?

Just keep the faith bro.. Through 4 games this year they already look better than they did all of last year.. Playing with the lead and looking good on both sides of the ball despite the ongoing soap opera..

To bad you can't draft a new owner in April.. Cause I think if you Raider fans had your way Al would be packing.

How do you think I feel?!?! My team went from looking at this game in S.F. laughing about how easy a post bye week game could be,to losing to the bottom feeders of the AFC East last year (Getting pummeled really!!) Now going to play a Niner team that all of a sudden has a very realistic chance of beating the Pats in San Fran .... Life used to be SO good when we were cheating!! :cry: :lol::lol:

Thanks TMAN! When your right your right...... Don't really give a shit who is coaching the team right now. Were on a crash course and no one is at the wheel. As for the Charger Fan? .... You have NEVER won a superbowl and NEVER WILL..... What good is it to own the AFC West if you can't win the big game. Marty Schottenheimer didn't get it done, Coach Mike Riley Fired and didnt get it done.. before that Coach Bobby Ross resigns; he would be replaced by Kevin Gilbried. Loser loser loser....the SuperBowl in 1995 Loser........Need i go on?

As for the Charger Fan? .... You have NEVER won a superbowl and NEVER WILL..... What good is it to own the AFC West if you can't win the big game. Marty Schottenheimer didn't get it done, Coach Mike Riley Fired and didnt get it done.. before that Coach Bobby Ross resigns; he would be replaced by Kevin Gilbried. Loser loser loser....the SuperBowl in 1995 Loser........Need i go on?

LOL how pathetic. You are a typical loser Raider fan that has to talk about the past. You weren't even alive when the Faiders won those Superbowls. The only one you saw was when they got blown out by the Bucs. I will gladly own the west every year and continue beating the Raida's for the 11th time in a row next time we play them.

I actually kind of feel bad for your players and your coaches for having to put up with the bullshit that your repulsive walking coach of an owner puts them through. He is an utter disgrace to the game. You wanna know why your Raidas get such a bad name? Look at your Owner and look at your "fans" nothing but scum bags

In the words of the great Phil Anselmo "Yesterday Don't Mean Shit"

LOL how pathetic. You are a typical loser Raider fan that has to talk about the past. You weren't even alive when the Faiders won those Superbowls. The only one you saw was when they got blown out by the Bucs. I will gladly own the west every year and continue beating the Raida's for the 11th time in a row next time we play them.

I actually kind of feel bad for your players and your coaches for having to put up with the bullshit that your repulsive walking coach of an owner puts them through. He is an utter disgrace to the game. You wanna know why your Raidas get such a bad name? Look at your Owner and look at your "fans" nothing but scum bags

In the words of the great Phil Anselmo "Yesterday Don't Mean Shit"

Yes i was alive then.... You Douche! and you still will choke again this year! You don't want to remember yesterday cause it is so Painful to be a Charger fan who ALMOST makes it every year only to BLOW IT Annually!!!!!!!

Please Mr. Davis, consider Herm Edwards. You know you want him, we'll give you to him cheap....just the price of a coach ticket to Oakland from KC. Fuck it, we'll pay for that too.

Sapp says Kiffin treated unfairly, blames Davis for Raiders' mess

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3622637

"Nobody tells you how bad it is," the former defensive tackle said on Showtime's "Inside the NFL." " ... any person that calls me on the telephone, [I tell them] do not go anywhere near Oakland."

Sapp, who retired after the 2007 season -- his fourth with the Raiders -- said that Lane Kiffin, fired this week by owner Al Davis, never got a fair chance in Oakland.

"He came in there with a change of mentality. The whole system," Sapp said on "Inside the NFL." "He changed how the locker room looked because it was going to take that kind of overhaul for Oakland to become the proud franchise we all knew it was."

Sapp said Oakland won't change for the better until Davis doesn't own the team anymore.

"[Davis] is the common equation," Sapp said on "Inside the NFL." "You take him out, put him at home watching film or whatever he is doing -- you have a functioning football organization. But once he comes over the top, he goes and starts moving it around.

"Al Davis knows football -- it's just '60s and '70s football. That's what it is. He's thinking that Cliff Branch is outside and [Jim] Plunkett is dropping back and you can throw it 80 yards down the field -- deep ball, deep ball, deep ball."

Sapp even said that Davis would call in plays when Sapp was playing for the Raiders.

"I remember the first two weeks I was there, we played a preseason game. Somebody came up one time and said, 'We're going deep right here, dog.' I said, how do you know? He said, 'The phone just rang.'

"All the preparation that goes into a week of work is there, the practicing that you have to put in order to do these things, sometimes [Al Davis] messed with that part of it and that's what kills you," Sapp said on "Inside the NFL."

:lol: CLASSIC!

I DESPISE Warren Sapp!!! He's nothing more than an overrated, cheapshotting sack of shit!!!!

Who is 100% right!! I guess you can be all the things above and still be honest. I don't believe anyone..Raider fans included think Kiffin was at fault and deserved to be terminated.... I've given you a hard time in the past Thraxx (Mostly in fun, I hope you know) But I won't be busting the Raiders balls for a while because I believe they are a talented team right now!! They
are a team in need of a decent coach and a dead owner!!

Sapp says Kiffin treated unfairly, blames Davis for Raiders' mess

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3622637

"Nobody tells you how bad it is," the former defensive tackle said on Showtime's "Inside the NFL." " ... any person that calls me on the telephone, [I tell them] do not go anywhere near Oakland."

Sapp, who retired after the 2007 season -- his fourth with the Raiders -- said that Lane Kiffin, fired this week by owner Al Davis, never got a fair chance in Oakland.

"He came in there with a change of mentality. The whole system," Sapp said on "Inside the NFL." "He changed how the locker room looked because it was going to take that kind of overhaul for Oakland to become the proud franchise we all knew it was."

Sapp said Oakland won't change for the better until Davis doesn't own the team anymore.

"[Davis] is the common equation," Sapp said on "Inside the NFL." "You take him out, put him at home watching film or whatever he is doing -- you have a functioning football organization. But once he comes over the top, he goes and starts moving it around.

"Al Davis knows football -- it's just '60s and '70s football. That's what it is. He's thinking that Cliff Branch is outside and [Jim] Plunkett is dropping back and you can throw it 80 yards down the field -- deep ball, deep ball, deep ball."

Sapp even said that Davis would call in plays when Sapp was playing for the Raiders.

"I remember the first two weeks I was there, we played a preseason game. Somebody came up one time and said, 'We're going deep right here, dog.' I said, how do you know? He said, 'The phone just rang.'

"All the preparation that goes into a week of work is there, the practicing that you have to put in order to do these things, sometimes [Al Davis] messed with that part of it and that's what kills you," Sapp said on "Inside the NFL."

:lol: CLASSIC!

I DESPISE Warren Sapp!!! He's nothing more than an overrated, cheapshotting sack of shit!!!!

Who is 100% right!! I guess you can be all the things above and still be honest. I don't believe anyone..Raider fans included think Kiffin was at fault and deserved to be terminated.... I've given you a hard time in the past Thraxx (Mostly in fun, I hope you know) But I won't be busting the Raiders balls for a while because I believe they are a talented team right now!! They

I agree Sapp is a fat over rated pile of shit. Though he played at a very high level just before being traded to Da Raida's. Sapp might be a fat slob/over rated but i have a feeling he is telling the truth. There is not one franchise in the NFL that front office that is more in turmoil than Da Raida's. Personally I love it, the Raida's fans invade Qualcomm stadium every year brining thousands of the biggest scum of the earth with them. They make it so kids can't come to the games, many seaon ticket holders sell their tickets because they don't want to deal with gang bangers and have their safety threatened.

The only hope for the Raida's is to assasinate Al Davis, and then have the new owner change the colors of the team to pink and white. I can promise you a lot of the gang banger pieces of shit will stop being fans MAYBE just MAYBE some of the Raida fans might actually know the players names and not just the Colors or that they won a few Superbowls 30 years ago :lol:

I've given you a hard time in the past Thraxx (Mostly in fun, I hope you know) But I won't be busting the Raiders balls for a while because I believe they are a talented team right now!! They

5 coaches in 6 years is that right? Something tells me the coaching problem is not the issue. The issue is the walking corpse known as Al Davis has made it so nobody wants to play or coach for this team. So he has to keep hiring no names because no reputable player or coach is going to want to play for that guy. You can't keep firing coaches because your half ass players don't make plays. At some point you need consistancy. Lane Kiffen had this team playing good football. They almost beat my Chargers for the first time in 5 years. Let the guy play out the season and then make a chance. Now they ahve this Cable guy who nobody on the team even knows running the shots. Good luck Raidas, looks like a nother year with a sub .500 effort

:zombie::Smokin::loco:Can say Miami Wildcats? Miami dominated the Chargers, I think this Chargers team will be lucky to win 8 games this year.:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::puke::headbang: