1 Week till the Iwegans get some Thrax!

The shows on a Sunday, You probably have to work on Monday and you probably have to walk to and from the show in the snow and uphill both ways. :)

I do have to work on Monday-but not at 5:30 AM like usual and Clear Lake's only about 90 miles away.

Thankfully I won't have to walk to the show uphill both ways, the Missus is letting me take the horse out that night! I will have to cut down some firewood for her for while I'm gone and make sure all the chores get done in the morning before work.

DarbysDad said:
Isn't Iowa better than Minnesota?

Hell yes it is! They talk funny up there, get way more snow, and have a shitload more mosquitos-

although we're in the middle of a blizzard right now. I don't really mind the snow and cold all that much.

CyThrax said:
Hell yes it is! They talk funny up there, get way more snow, and have a shitload more mosquitos-

although we're in the middle of a blizzard right now. I don't really mind the snow and cold all that much.
Lots of mosquitos and cold sound odd but I know they have all those lakes in Minnesota.

Cy, is it true that Iowa is one of the most "literate" states in the Union?

DarbysDad said:
Lots of mosquitos and cold sound odd but I know they have all those lakes in Minnesota.

Cy, is it true that Iowa is one of the most "literate" states in the Union?

Yeah, the standardized test scores for kids in school in Iowa are among the top 2 or 3 in the nation every year. A couple years ago, a study came out and said that Iowa City (doesn't hurt that its a college town) had the highest number of college graduates per capita of any city in the country.

Don't get me wrong, though, there are some dumbasses here, just like everywhere else.

Just thought I'd ask my Dad use to break into it. He had a million cracks like the Simpons way b4 I ever watched that show. Anyway, you got the Surf on Sunday you lucky bastard.

DarbysDad said:
Just thought I'd ask my Dad use to break into it. He had a million cracks like the Simpons way b4 I ever watched that show. Anyway, you got the Surf on Sunday you lucky bastard.

I am a lucky bastard. I can't wait! I will be taking two lucky friends with me to get their first taste of Anthrax (live or recorded)

I don't have any dumb farm songs I break into, but I like to say stuff like:

sumbitch or sonsabitches instead of their normal singular or plural versions

also the good ole classic stuff like:

It's colder than...
"A witch's tittie in a brass bra"
"A well-diggers ass in Maine"

It's hornier than...
"A 3-peckered billy goat"
"A dog in a hub-cap factory"
"A blind lesbian in a fish shop" no offense to anyone, blind or homosexual :)

Stupid shit like that. Does this make me a redneck?? I can't remember any other ones, they usually fly out when the situation warrants it.

Well I may be one of the lucky few to have the opportunity to live in both Minnesota and Iowa...and I can definitely say that Minnesota is better. Sorry CyThrax. But seriously what does Iowa have other than corn? There isn't even hockey in Iowa.

Hey look at that, four sentences without saying you betcha, don't ya know or any of those other great Minnesota mannerisms that we are so well known for.

See ya at the Surf.