10/9 show at the Marquee (Tempe, AZ) - anybody from the forums coming?

kampfgolem

New Metal Member
Oct 6, 2008
I'm from Peru but I'll be in Phoenix for the week, so I'm taking the chance to go see Opeth live :headbang:

Anyway, dunno what the tradition is here in the US, but is anybody up for drinks after the show? I don't know anybody in AZ and would hate to break my personal tradition :cool:

Well if anyone's up, lemme know.

Cheers! :kickass:

I'll be there for sure... I'm so excited at this point that I can barely get to sleep anymore.

I've only been in Tempe for like 2 months, but by Thursday I'll have seen my 2 fav bands... it's surprising how many bands play here.

I would go for a drink if this was anywhere but the US, but I'm not 21. :mad:

Oh, and Peru is awesome, I especially liked Cuzco. I'm not from the states either... from Lithuania.

^Yeah I know, lately a lot of good bands have been coming through it's surprising. Just curious, who is the other band your seeing?

I'm going also but sadly i'm not 21 either. I am so fucking excited it not even funny. You guys will like the Marquee. Maybe i'll see you there and you can buy me a drink.

Shit I feel like old as balls. Maybe I should change the subject to "buying drinks to underage forum members" :rofl:

I remember when I got my ID (in Peru you're of age when you turn 18) and the next month I go to Toronto only to discover I'm 1 year short. We ended up having drinks there anyway... along with other 18-19 year olds and a 14 year old :rofl:

Sorry dude, I always seem to have to have a problem with cops being around when im shit faced. It's like i'm a police magnet.

Just curious, who is the other band your seeing?

I saw The Mars Volta at the end of last week... I started listening to them not too long ago, but they're one of my favorite bands now... nowhere near Opeth, though ;)
The show was really intense, but only 15 min over an hour... with no opening bands, it was surprisingly short.

oh, and of course I'll have a drink if someone buys for me... haha

I'll be there. Cannot wait since this will be my first opeth show. I will probably be in the rear of the venue since I will be taking my boy's. There a little on the young side so I do not want them getting near a mosh pit and getting drilled by someone.

Is anyone selling tickets for this show for under $50? I got my ticket back when they were still available for $20, but some of my friends decided to go and can't find tickets for under $50... :Smug:

...or maybe you could give me a link to a place that is selling cheaper tickets.

Edit: Nevermind, I managed to find some for them...

Is anyone selling tickets for this show for under $50? I got my ticket back when they were still available for $20, but some of my friends decided to go and can't find tickets for under $50... :Smug:

...or maybe you could give me a link to a place that is selling cheaper tickets.

Edit: Nevermind, I managed to find some for them...

Could you perhaps direct me to the site where tickets are under fifty?

I just went up to the Marquee today and bought a ticket for 23 bucks. Just go up to the box office and buy one.

This brings something to mind... I bought my ticket online, and they said I could pick it up like 1 hr before the show... should I believe em or get out of my way to get the ticket asap?

you can trust them, ive done that before. Just go to the box office right next to the entrance and ask for your ticket. Just go early if your really worried about it.

The show isn't sold out yet, is it? I'm planning on catching the gig at the last minute. I wasn't going to go originally, because I spent a crapload of money and flew out to Oakland for the Progressive Nation Tour this last spring/summer for fear I wouldn't see either them or Dream Theater this year. However, it would be pretty lame that i'd decide not to see them in my own neighborhood...lol. Can't wait to catch the gig though...the Marquee is a great venue for them!

The show isn't sold out yet, is it? I'm planning on catching the gig at the last minute. I wasn't going to go originally, because I spent a crapload of money and flew out to Oakland for the Progressive Nation Tour this last spring/summer for fear I wouldn't see either them or Dream Theater this year. However, it would be pretty lame that i'd decide not to see them in my own neighborhood...lol. Can't wait to catch the gig though...the Marquee is a great venue for them!
I dont think so, I bought one yesterday.

Today I went and picked up my tickets (I danced internally, didn't wanna lose my cool in front of the box office chick - who was kinda hot btw). It kinda surprised me to see the friggin' theater in the middle of nowhere.

I drove past it like twice and got out of the Tempe city limits. When I was about to go berserk there it was, a beacon of hope, mosh and booze :kickass:

The one thing I haven't tried at the Marquee before is getting autographs from a band...however, I really want the guys to sign some merch this time around. Does anyone know where one would typically find the band pre or post gig at the Marquee? Is there a "back stage", or would I have to go around to the back where the bus is?

Gracias!

The one thing I haven't tried at the Marquee before is getting autographs from a band...however, I really want the guys to sign some merch this time around. Does anyone know where one would typically find the band pre or post gig at the Marquee? Is there a "back stage", or would I have to go around to the back where the bus is?

Gracias!

When Opeth came to the Marquee for the lamentations tour my friends and I got to the venue around 1 pm and hung out with the band and talked for a bit. Peter let us stand at the side of the stage during their sound check which was awesome! Depending on how tight security is you can go to the side of the building where the tour buses are. But I have noticed with the last few shows I have attended at the marquee that area is blocked off now. Good luck!

Does anyone know what time Opeth is set to hit the stage? I don't have the patience anymore to sit through opening bands.