10 second acoustic break in wreath??

Sep 19, 2005
Belfast
was listening to wreath latley and that acoustic break about 3/4 the way through is B E A utiful
do you ever want moments like that in an opeth song to last forever???
(well maybe not forever but a few minutes more)

I always hope "ending credits" would never end... with it's great lead guitar...

Is it right, that this song is totally ripped of from "Camel"?

The bit on Epilogue with the ending twin guitar solos come sooner and sooner every time I listen to it.

The ending of Serenity Painted Death..seeing as the end is cut short accidentally. Also.. the last riff in April Ethereal .. and the chordal part before the 1st verse in Moonlapse Vertigo.

Header said:
I always hope "ending credits" would never end... with it's great lead guitar...

Is it right, that this song is totally ripped of from "Camel"?

is it a particular song of camels that ending credits is ripped of from or just the camel sound in general?

My favorite would be the acoustic section in the middle of Black Rose Immortal where it goes "Sunbirds leave their dark recesses..." if they extened that vocal melody just a bit longer, I would be happy.

I dig the acoustic verse in Godhead's Lament, that is gold!
Also, I think Ending Credits sounds SOOO much better on Lamentations, anyone agree?

anyone agree?

It sounds always great!;)
But you're right I don't like the drum- sound on "Damnation" at all. The live version has a better one. Produced by Andy Sneap, am I right?

the opeth affinity said:
was listening to wreath latley and that acoustic break about 3/4 the way through is B E A utiful
do you ever want moments like that in an opeth song to last forever???
(well maybe not forever but a few minutes more)

That part is so cool! I hate to be picky, though, but I'm not sure it's an
acoustic break? It's more like electric guitar and percussion?

always man, I always want those small breakdowns or whatever you call them, to last forever. Even little sections in opeth songs, I want to last forever.

The middle chorus with the atmospheric keyboards along with the depressing riffs in "Baying of the hounds" comes to mind. Also the ending of baying I just want it to last forever.

I like the acoustic wreath section too.

I absolutely adore the criminally brief piano break in "Beneath the Mire" that has the clean guitar lead over it. Its absolutely beautiful, and really, the biggest reason i listen to that song. Anyone know what part i'm talking about? I was actually thinking myself today, they really should've expanded that part.

the part everyone knows about around 10 or so min. in Black Rose Immortal is soooo great. how it starts with that beautiful acoustic thing and then you hear the drums slowly building up