Redeeming Songs

Black Rose Immortal: I couldnt stand it at first because it sounded completely unstructured and disorganised. Now I think it rocks:)

The Drapery Falls: the first half of track sounded way too commercial (or is that just SW's influence? :p), but the buildup for the heaviness in the second half of the song is worth the wait. I like the song now, but occasionally I still get jittery in the first half.

Blackwater Park: this song did nothing for me until I heard it live. F**king brilliant.

Wreathe: did nothing for me when I first heard it, but after watching Lamentations a million times, namely Mike's death vocal takes in the studio, I decided to listen to the song again. Now I consider it to have one of his best growling performances post Still Life, and its heavy as f**k

Elek said:
I don't yet own MAYH but from the 3 times I listened I didn't really care for it. April Ethereal kicks ass though. I hope you're right about it!

My Arms Your Hearse was a hard listen when I first heard it.
This was after I had heard Still Life first. After about 6 listens
all the way from beginning to end, it hooked me.
And all of Damnation until I heard some live.
White Cluster was not a favorite of mine till I saw them
play the thing live. Man what a live act!

Hmm yea, Opeth songs have a habit of doing that.

I've only just recently started gettin into April Ethereal and Karma.

Same thing happened with Wreath a while ago. Also alot of Orchid. And Advent.

Jinn said:
hmm, for me it was Deliverance and The Apostle in Triumph
The Apostle in Triumph was, and still is, my favourite track from Orchid. I just LOVE the lyrics... Mike's old style growl suits the words perfectly. Evil as hell!