IMO "Deliverance" is below Opeth's quality

It still does it to me

The bit at the end of Deliverance

The bit with the faint clean vocals in Wreath

The overdubbed vocals bit in A Fair Judgement

All of For Absent Friends

The bit in Master's Apprentice where he sings 'aaaaaah aaaaah' in clean vocals (amazing)

The fairground bit in By The Pain I See In Others

And there's much, much more I could mention!

Originally posted by extensive desolation
You are just the dumbest person on this forum.

No you´re quite wrong there, I think the honor goes to you!

Opeth are my favourite band, and when I first heard Deliverence I thought it was pretty good, but not as good as I'd hoped. But the more I listen to it the more I love it. I think it's as good as Blackwater Park, but is completely the opposite from Blackwater Park (as in where they were trying to go with the album)....It reminds us that Opeth still know how to make GOOD heavy metal. The structuring of the songs on the new album are incredible...so sure, the album isn't another Morningrise, but its damn good. People were iffy with My Arms, Your Hearse when it first came out too, since it was so different from the albums before it, but now most of the fans I talk to love the album. In a year you'll all see many people praising Deliverence as opposed to knocking it.

I don't agree with Opeth turing towards "typical death metal" at all.... Still Life and Blackwater Park had very little "death metal" in their sound, other than the death growls, there wasn't anything else in those albums that were "death".

I've only heard a couple of the songs so far. And I mean.. they're good. But its not anything reall that special. Im not like "Holy Fuckin shit, this is amazing!!" or anything like that. I'm sitting here listening to it...but then I'm playing Morningrise in my head. It just doesnt compare at all. But...its still good.

I cant beleive what im reading. Someone actually thinks that Opeth is getting to be more traditional death metal with each release? Ok, first of all...explain to me how blackwater park was traditional ANYTHING, let alone death metal. Second of all, "traditional death metal" would have death metal lyrics (such as gore, death, blood, killing, etc)...opeth doesnt write those kind of lyrics. Opeth is a true progressive band in the sense that every album theyre sound changes a bit, and they use new styles and things that they didnt necessarily use before. So if opeth is gradually becoming anything...theyre starting the new generation of progressive rock...and i mean ROCK, not metal. Dont bother arguing with me, thats my opinion on things. ;)

i'm still listening to the album and, ok, now i have a more positive felling about it...but it's not enough

just my observation: the song "deliverance" it would be perfect if that long and repetitive riff in final could be shortten or could not be there. come on guys...about 4 minutes with the same riff...it makes me tired.

"Wreath" (which is the only song I've allowed myself to listen to) is indeed a heavy song. The first time I heard it I thought "woohoo they're going more progressive" due to the sexy drumbeats in the start. Then the song kinda fell flat on repeating riffs and a very clichéd melody in there, but in the end the song emerged strong again and now I dig it. Not more than anything on the first four CDs, but still better than "BWP" which for me is their least interesting album.

I can't believe you're going to review an album before you actually buy it. First of all, i'm assuming this is on the bootlegged mp3 version which will NEVER do any album justice since the sound quality is not as crisp as it should be. Secondly, I agree with above statements that it's hard to grasp any album on the first try. The album will crush all our doubts, so relax and wait till you get it on your pre-ordered copy from The End before you start claiming its sub Opeth quality. :worship:

Originally posted by /Z/
I can't believe you're going to review an album before you actually buy it. First of all, i'm assuming this is on the bootlegged mp3 version which will NEVER do any album justice since the sound quality is not as crisp as it should be. Secondly, I agree with above statements that it's hard to grasp any album on the first try. The album will crush all our doubts, so relax and wait till you get it on your pre-ordered copy from The End before you start claiming its sub Opeth quality. :worship:

Actually, they were ripped at 192kbps, so they sound great. With the exception of a few blank spots that sound like skips, this album would be completely downloadable.

But if you want to support Opeth, you'll buy the cd when it comes out.

Originally posted by Metalmaster
"...but still better than "BWP" which for me is their least interesting album...

It's a very cool fact that fans of one given band - in this case Opeth - can LOVE a band, yet differ so greatly on their fondness (or lack thereof) of particular releases/performances!

In my view, "BWP" - heck, even the single song "Drapery Falls" - is far more interesting than the entire "Orchid" CD!

And I've been a fan since just after "Morningrise" was released here in the U.S. (summer '97, hears before BWP, or even SL).

'Tis what makes Opeth great: so many great songs, so much great music. And the greatness manifests itself differently for each fan!

dudes, yes, i downloaded all the album through soulseek...but i'm going to buy it anyway...i just couldn't wait to listen to it and for sure the album will arrive here almost in december or later...

there is any possibility to the promo be different from the album that will be available in stores? in relation to the music recorded...