deliverance

Puzzlebox

Jan 20, 2006
Isnt Deliverance a concept album about a serial killer.
Weath starts with his feeling of killing...
Deliverance shows how he kills some woman...
A Fair Judgement is about his feelings afterwards...
For absent Friends...the women he kills are missed by him...
Master's Apprentices...he descends further down the spiral of his feelings of the need to kill...
By the Pain I See In Others...he kills again and sort of justifies his need to kill by seeing pain in other people, that he needs to release this pain by killing them...

Am i off base here..?

It is about sex. Because the serial killer rapes them before he kills them.

I don't care if i get flamed...:ill:

Until i hear different from Mike i am sticking with it...

Your new and yeah a lot of the people on this board are assholes who enjoy giving shit out on here couse this is where they feel "powerful", don't sweat the small stuff.

Lethal01 said:
Then where do the duelling banjos fit in?

That kid gives me nightmares...But man can he ROCK :headbang: :kickass:

deliv01.jpg

Puzzlebox said:
It is about sex. Because the serial killer rapes them before he kills them.

I don't care if i get flamed...:ill:

Until i hear different from Mike i am sticking with it...

Yeh.. i'm pretty sure he's said somewhere (can't remember where or when) that Deliverance wasn't a concept. He's only written 2 concepts (MAYH, Still Life) and Ghost Reveries was initially a concept, but it thinned out according to Mike.

But yeh, honestly, you're reading into things too much.

biggsy said:
reading into music isnt that bad. music is open to personal interpretation and after you interpret music it means more so sounds better.

I agree completely. There's been many albums and songs i've listened to without any other information about them and I've wound up putting my own spin on them entirely. It's fun. You are already projecting your interpretation of the song on to the music and notes; your interpretation of the lyrics is just the next logical step.

biggsy said:
reading into music isnt that bad. music is open to personal interpretation and after you interpret music it means more so sounds better.

i said that last month some time and got flamed by about 10 different people

daz436 said:
i said that last month some time and got flamed by about 10 different people

haha fuck em. as the factordude said, its logical. music is so much more enjoyable when its personal. when i interpret lyrics, i may have them completely, absolutely, undoubtedly fucking wrong because i interpret them according to how i feel. but i can assure you i would get more enjoyment from listening to music that ive interpreted myself than someone who has no idea.

Somehow I don't think Mikael Akerfeldt, being a huge fan of Steven Wilson and vice versa, would go and produce a concept album about serial killers right after Steven Wilson did the exact same thing, especially when SW produced Deliverance. That would just be weak.