Votes: 4 3.8%
  • for absent friends

Votes: 34 32.7%
  • master's apprentices

Votes: 11 10.6%
  • by the pain i see in others

Votes: 22 21.2%

• Total voters
why does everyone hate For Absent Friends? ithink the song is so pretty! especially the chorus-type thing... where it goes through about 9 really coool jazz chords with the awesome melody over the top... maybe you guys just don't like jazz or complex chordal arrangements... sure the other parts of the song may SLIGHTLY drag on... but i think that song is just awesome.

My least favorite... tough to say, but i am going for wreath. It was my least favorite right away, but it grew on me and i would say i like it almost as much as the rest of the album... but i think it still gets my vote.

Omg what a shame i didnt vote but For Absent Friends is a masterpiece , how could you vote for that one . I don't understand

Spike-
...can I vote for the 3-4 minutes of 'spooky silence' at the end of "By The Pain...." It REALLY shits me.

I was wondering why so long. I figure, sure what the hell. Add it to the end of the album for shits and giggles, but why all the excess blank airtime? When I hit random play on my CD changer and that song finishes, there's no music for like 4 minutes. (awe, poor poor me!!) :lol: But really, when you're all hanging out listening to music and there's nothing on for even 2 minutes, things tend to get excessively rowdy! :loco:

Sfarog-
...jeez people, poll the positive responses not the negatives...

That gets to me sometimes too, but that's SO not going to happen.

sevent-
Master's Apprentices. I don't like when he starts with "There...." all the time...

I do! "dar-IS-a light shinning down on me!" :D

I don't skip any of the songs. Hell, I've never skipped or stopped an Opeth track period. OK, maybe Silhouette a couple times, but nothing on Deliverance beckons my hand to press FF...except that 4 minutes of nothingness at the very end. :rolleyes:

I can't vote any of them, the whole album is such a masterpiece. The beginning of Wreath isn't Opeth as best, but the more far it goes the better it becomes.
The result so far doesn't really surprise.

Originally posted by Static
Whats wrong with you YDG!!!???

Get down to Real Groovy! They've got it there!
Really? :eek: I've only been there once in the last few months (a result of having no money to spend), so yeah, guess I haven't seen it.

Hmmm, now all I need is some money......... :bah:

it's amazing how our tastes are... : o )

my favorite songs are wreath and for absent friends (the ones people here seem to hate most)....

i still enjoy a fair judgement and that "circus-music" (for me one of the best parts in by the pain i see in others.

Originally posted by JesusChristPose
None. I enjoy them all equally and when listening, I don't skip any of them. The only other Opeth cd that I don't skip songs is MAYH.

I never skip songs on any Opeth CD. Fact is, there's not one Opeth song I can't listen too.

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
why does everyone hate For Absent Friends? ithink the song is so pretty! especially the chorus-type thing... where it goes through about 9 really coool jazz chords with the awesome melody over the top... maybe you guys just don't like jazz or complex chordal arrangements...

That part is awesome. I wish they had developed on it more. The other thing really drags on. It's very effective, but the only time I can really listen to the song is when I'm listening to the album from start to finish.