DELIVERANCE album appreciation

d or d?

• damn

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • deliver

Votes: 59 64.1%

• Total voters
I choose Damnation. I personally think Deliverance is the worst Opeth album, even though pretty much all the songs are really awesome, and some of them are among Opeth's best. It's just something that's missing, first of all I don't really like the distorted rythm guitar sounds, and then there's something else that I can't explain that makes this album a lot worse than it should be. However, it's still a kickass album, it's just not (imo) as good as the others.

Oh I forgot to post my thoughts on Damnation yesterday.I would say I prefer it to Deliverance overall,I will always have respect for the album because the first two songs I heard from Opeth were Hope Leaves and In My Time Of Need and they were tracks that really touched me in so many ways at the time,so much that I explored Opeth further,from on which point I never looked back.Damnation will always be very sentimental to me and though not my favourite album from Opeth,I will never tire of listening to it.

By the pain I see in others is my favorite on Deliverance.
Damnation is ok but different than usual Opeth so I don't really see it as two different records but as two different genres and I like Deliverance better.

by the pain i see in others was my first opeth song. i remember sitting at this computer hearing it, after searching for so long for a band that hit me, and it was like, whaoaaalllyyy shit!!!! there is certainly a raw in the moment quality to this album.

I like the CD, but a lot of my Opeth loving friend's tend to think I hate it because of my critique of it, when, in fact, I really like the CD. However, it is my least favorite of all of Opeth's stuff. Why? The songs, to me, are just not memerable. Yes, the riff to Master's Apprentice is sweet and Deliverance is a masterpiece, but that's about it for me. The CD just didn't strike home with me like all of the other Opeth album's, including Ghost Reveries.

Damnation was my favorite for a while. So was Deliverance, at a different point.

Hard to choose between the two, but I'd say Damnation is probably my favorite of the two overall.

Reason being, Master's Apprentices, A Fair Judgment and Deliverance are the only tracks on the album that I really like. Damnation is the kind of album I usually play from beginning to end, skipping only Weakness and sometimes Ending Credits.

I often wish D&D were released together and mixed up. For instance, having To Rid the Disease after Masters' Apprentices could sooth the harsh Deliverance nature a lil.