IMO "Deliverance" is below Opeth's quality

Ecto

Aug 10, 2002
up to now i saw that everybody enjoyed the new album...but i don't (except for "wreath" and "for absent friends" the other songs i can't stand)...i don't know why...for me something is missing there...maybe i need to listen to it more times...anyway, this is my first impression.

Ecto.

Originally posted by Ectoplasma
up to now i saw that everybody enjoyed the new album...but i don't ...i don't know why...for me something is missing there...maybe i need to listen to it more times...anyway, this is my first impression.

Same here...

up to now i saw that everybody enjoyed the new album...but i don't (except for "wreath" and "for absent friends" the other songs i can't stand)...i don't know why...for me something is missing there...maybe i need to listen to it more times...anyway, this is my first impression.

Ecto.

Yes it changed, yes they dont made yet another copy of MAYH masqueraded as new material as their did with still life and bwp, then it must suck, fuck change bring the same tired stupid repetitive opeth tha never moves foward!!!

I actually thought Wreath was the weakest track out of the ones I've heard. The one section after the initial riff is over drags on too long.

@Misanthrope: Ecto was talking 'bout his first impression only ( as was I by quoting him )! Not more not less...Your sarcastic comment was idle talk ( as usual )...

Originally posted by Misanthrope
Yes it changed, yes they dont made yet another copy of MAYH masqueraded as new material as their did with still life and bwp, then it must suck, fuck change bring the same tired stupid repetitive opeth tha never moves foward!!!

the change between still life and bwp is so big that 99% of bands
doesn’t make such a big evolution during whole career.
People who say that bwp is a copy of still life just prove that they haven’t understood anything bwp is about.

Originally posted by ham
rofl
extensive desolation slays me

I can see a great evolution between Still Life and Bwp.
You can't.

Either:

1. I have hallucinations.
2. You are too blind/stupid to see/understand this change.

In both cases I win cause I can see more and enjoy what I see,
now I slayed yoy

Disclaimer: I have YET to hear the new one, and the following post is not in referance to "Deliverance".

Change IS great. However, when the changes that are made suck, it's fair to criticize them.
Metallica changed. But the change sucked.

If some Opeth fans dislike the new sound of Opeth, perhaps it's not the FACT that they changed that they dislike, but maybe, just maybe, they're simply dissatisfied with the results that this change has garnered.

There's a world of difference.

Ecto.

My 1st impression:

More impressive and refined vocals

Riffs that send chills up my spine - some that I could care if they went on for 10 min. (the title tracks ending for instance)

This album is a great compliment to BWP, which to me was their finest. Yes - too early to rate this album, for you need months of listening to digest the true meaning of the album before you can make a truly informed decision on how it measures up to other albums you've listened to for years.

BWP and the new album are definately cleaner from a production standpoint. That is something that I personally like. As far as composition - I feel they have evolved into a more mature band. I think each song flows within itself. To me, The Drapery Falls took my breath away when I 1st heard it (and it still does). It's changes flowed beautifully. Now the title track off Deliverence does the same.

Note to Misanthrope: Contrary to my "censorship" post as you called it - I decided why to tell how I feel. When a thread title is very clear about it's content - those who don't wish to know about Deliverence before the actual release should just ignore the thread. If they open the thread, read it, then complain, shame on them.

anyone who can't see the differences between every opeth album has absolutely no musical ear. and dont give me that "its an opinon" shit. because its not an opinion when you think somehthing sounds like something else when it doesnt. thats just wrong.

I haven't heard it yet, but i felt the same way the first time i heard blackwater park. hopefully with time you'll give it a deeper listen and you'll really start to love it. the first time i listend to blackwater park i was really like, "ick" but then a few weeks time i was thinking "jesus this is actually pretty damn good."

Originally posted by Mikael is God
anyone who can't see the differences between every opeth album has absolutely no musical ear. and dont give me that "its an opinon" shit. because its not an opinion when you think somehthing sounds like something else when it doesnt. thats just wrong.

Well, judging by your nick, Opeth could release an album of donkey farts and you'd still buy it, so we already know where you stand in the opinion department.

"yo, rofl, Opeth like rulzerz the planet. Mikael iz God, dog"

:rolleyes:

You're an idiot if you think Deliverance is some HUGE CHANGE OMG OPETH IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT BAND NOW REVOLUTIONARY A++++ but Still Life and Blackwater Park were just MAYH rehashes.

And knowing you you'll probably start saying the exact opposite if you figure it'll piss more people off.