Wreath

mbarys

Active Opeth Listener
Mar 23, 2003
Channahon, IL
www.barys.net
I usually listen to my Opeth CD in my mp3 car stereo going to work. I put all of the albums on the one cd and usually do a random throughout the whole disc. Anyways, I was listening to a few songs and then Wreath came on. I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I noticed that the vocals are very aggressive and "mean" on that song. Does anyone else agree or disagree? I can just hear a very angry tone in that song unlike any other one I've heard.

Matt

Yeah, if you've seen the Documentary on the DVD, Mikael is recording those vox in a very aggressive style, and its one of the things that makes that song so awesome.

I'll have to watch it again to see that part. It's funny because if I need a pick my up I'll listen to that song. It just gets the blood going.

Thanks!

Leper_/-\ffinity said:
Yeah, if you've seen the Documentary on the DVD, Mikael is recording those vox in a very aggressive style, and its one of the things that makes that song so awesome.

Wreath is probably the most underrated Opeth song. It is extremly dark, and includes quite some emotion too. And to see mike doing the vocals for it on the dvd was pretty entertaining, he did a great job.

L0bster said:
Wreath is probably the most underrated Opeth song. It is extremly dark, and includes quite some emotion too. And to see mike doing the vocals for it on the dvd was pretty entertaining, he did a great job.

i agree, it is one of the most underrated songs in their catalog.
my alarm in the morning is my stereo, which plays whatever cd i listened to in the tray of 3 last. most of the time, i have deliverance in there, permanently, cause wreath does the trick of the wake up. i switch between wreath and april etherial as my wake up haha.

the vocals on demon of the fall is very agressive and dark too, more dark and "growly" than other opeth-songs... do you think mikael is using some kind of filter or some other fancy thing on that song? wreath rocks!

One thing I liked about this song was when I saw Mendez recording the bassline to one of the riffs. It's totally playing its own thing, and it sounds fucking AWESOME... it's just a shame that the bass is down in the actual recording so it doesn't stand out as prominently as it should.

true! what i especially love about wreath is the section after 0:40, when the second guitar kicks in. that's so fucking evil.

Moonlapse said:
One thing I liked about this song was when I saw Mendez recording the bassline to one of the riffs. It's totally playing its own thing, and it sounds fucking AWESOME... it's just a shame that the bass is down in the actual recording so it doesn't stand out as prominently as it should.

I agree. An overall great song, perfect place on the album just before the title track too.

Well. I thought this one would have alot of "I hate Wreath, it's so boring, and the production sucks, please question my sexual preferences"-thingyes, but hey! It's not! :). And that's fucking great, because I love that song so much. I think it's brilliant.

Gymsokk said:
the vocals on demon of the fall is very agressive and dark too, more dark and "growly" than other opeth-songs... do you think mikael is using some kind of filter or some other fancy thing on that song? wreath rocks!
The first verce thingie (silet dance with death) is made up of layered vocals, one track of mike screaming rather highpitched, at least midpitched, and one of mike growling very low, dave vincent style. cool stuff.

Boring, mostly uninspiring song. Nothing interesting in it, except for the last few seconds that for some reason blend into Deliverance perfectly.