100 days of Damage Done

solefald

Vheissu
Apr 11, 2002
Chimera Chiemgau
www.myspace.com
hi people here on the board
now we have 100 days since the release of the 6th full-lenght album of dark tranquillity,Damage Done.
isnt it time to think a little bit about ?
how does it fit into our personal feelings we share and develop during playing it in our devices?
how does it show the evolution of dark tranquillity,is it THE essence of the musicans inner elements,their immortal art and spirit gathered and compressed on a single cd ?
how would you describe it in the long history of 13 years DT?best or worse?
did you added it to your personal pleasure,causes in you your the urging need to listen to this music?
the eruption of emotions it creates by touching our hearts,souls and what else is left inside these bodys
(or how would you describe the feeling you get wheny ou listen to music what gives you something in and for your life?)
what can you tell me of the inside?
something like that

first in comparision to the 7 official records they have done,its difficult for me to chose which one of those masterpieces is best .
but the simple answer:
its their best album .
the essence of all their albums,mixed to the ultimate cocktail of a great dark drink
its just perfect.and each time I listen to it I find new facettes and little fragments that make me wonder.
it has everything:a brutal riffing,beautiful melodies,electronics(keyboards sound so simple,primitive,electronis is the perfect word),the great vocals(clean or not clean;what does it matter,he sings with real feeling).the songwriting of this album is unbelievable( and the lyrics real poetry)
it has carries all emotions we search,anger and hope,hate and love,sleep and dream...
after 100 days of DD,this album showes no wear out( and will not in 10 years)
first I didnt liked ex nihilo(to simple )but now its one of the most interesting instrumentals I know.a very hypnotising lava giant riffing through your ear into my brain.very intensive,tool wouldn`t do it better.
eacht time I hear new fragments and hidden secrets inside this living monolith.its their most interesting album.(the others arent bad.they are great and Im proud to have these records)but DD is the last step they have done and the steps they do with each record are growing bigger and bigger,where does it end?
we can be happy to know a band where each record sounds different but carrys inside the spirit of the records before.
1 step back ,2 sidewards and 2002 forwards.innovative,modern,with respect to their own past and with the eyes open to the world and the future,realising the now .

i really really like Damage Done and i am so happy because i am going to see them live in less than 1 month :)

Damage Occured is great album..
I´m sure it gives something for (almost) everyone..
Like already said,great melodies but also roughness..
return of blastbeats for older fans...
And Stanne´s growls are really good..like always.

Damn, times passed by quickly. Well, for a start off, I'm still not tired of the album and enjoy the cd more than ever. It's still the best DT release (or the best release ever for that matter) in my opinion. I think that DD is a cd that fully shows the potential of the band. Escpecially the lyrics and the melodies.
This will probably be a cd I will keep close to my heart for a very looooong time.

It's still one of the very few cds that i can listen from beginnning to end, quite often, without getting tired of it.. :)

I think it's a great album. I listened through it today on the train to Linköping. My favourite tune has to be Format C: for Cortex, I just love that song, it has great melodies and the best lyrics on the whole album.

I finally ordered Projector, after several listens on some mp3s. I think it has Stannes best growls and best singing voice, can't wait to get a hold of it :)