13 questions...

DrillSergeant said:
Yeah, I know that Sixx is the king of this kind of threads but I thought I could do it to lure people out from under their rocks.

An album you'd recommend anytime to anyone? For Rock fans: AC/DC - Back In Black; for Metal fans: Metallica - Master Of Puppets

You can't beat those selections dude !!! Fucking excellent picks !! And Southerners never say "excellent." We say shit like "kick ass" so that is a big compliment.

Bryant

Did you ever buy an album just because of its cover? yes Manowar Hell on Stage .... Naked chicks

Argh !! I love naked chicks (especially Asian ones) but Manowar is not my thing on album covers,naked chicks or not.

Bryant

~metal_maiden~ said:

What album do yo listen to in the car?
I listen to the radio.

I do that on the way home from work about twice a week. My local radio station has the "Eleven-O-clock News" every weeknight and I listen to the new radio rock stuff to see if I like some of it. I end up liking very little of it but I like to keep up.

Bryant

First album you ever bought?
- WASP "Live...in the Raw!"

Last album you added to your collection?
- LOST HORIZON "Awakening The World"
(had a burned copy and finally got this masterpiece on a real CD, YES! :D )

Which album from your collection do you listen to the most?
- tough to choose just one, let's say anything by Riot or Lost Horizon

Which album has the best cover ever?
- geeez...any one done by Storm Thorgerson (Pink Floyd, Dickinson)

Did you ever buy an album just because of its cover?
- I doubt it

Worst cover ever?
- almost any by Riot, check them out here:
http://ezer4u.com/RIOT/Done/riot__albums.htm
Gross... :yuk:

An album you'd recommend anytime to anyone?
- Pink Floyd "Dark Side Of The Moon"

Which album would you recommend to your worst enemy?
- Shitallica "St.Anger"

- Ummm...I don't own a car :D

Recommend an album from the 70s?
- Deep Purple "Made in Japan"

Recommend an album from the 80s?
- RISK "The Daily Horror News" (1988)
Just listened to it now, kickass stuff!

Recommend an album from the 90s?
- RIOT "Inishmore" or "Sons Of Society"

A tune for your own burial?
- RIOT's version of Danny Boy

My first CD was Bon Jovi - Keep The Faith when I was 9 but the first one I actually bought was KISS - Double Platinum.

Haven't bought any CDs in a while. Probably um... Brides Of Destruction - Here Come The Brides before the gig last month.

Since I've had it, Vain - No Respect gets easily the most rotation. Other albums that get played to death are Hericane Alice - Tear The House Down, Shotgun Messiah - S/T and Vinnie Vincent Invasion - S/T.

Two way tie between Vain - No Respect and Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love. Best band photos ever in a booklet or on artwork though are on Shout At The Devil and Leather Boyz With Electric Toyz.

Yep! The Number Of The Beast when I was 14 because it was cheap, had a great cover, and my KISS fan homeroom teacher at school had a Maiden poster up in class! I'd never heard them before, bought it coz the cover was so cool, and was hooked!

Worst cover ever?
The first White Sister album!!!!! And Vice - Made For Pleasure is pretty bad! They are the "dodgiest" and funniest but I wouldn't say the worst coz I like them for being fun & entertaining at least. The worst ones are boring ones that just look like shapes & colours and meant to be artistic and bold haha.

Um... Vain - No Respect once again, because you can't argue with such high quality song writing. Regardless of anything else about an album (production, playing, vocals, sound...) the songs always come first and high quality songwriting can't be argued with. Davy Vain nailed it with that album, the hooks are unbelievable. Another one would be Slippery When Wet just because it has such cross-over appeal that you could recommend it to most people no matter what style of music they are into and they will like it. Again, excellent songwriting.

Speaking metal/hardrock albums here I take it otherwise the obvious answer would be any dance or techno album. Um, I dunno. Pick any black metal album, can't stand it.

Lots of albums. The ones that get the most play in there are probably Ratt N Roll 8191, a Motley mix I made and a KISS mix I made.

KISS - Alive! This album is what rock & roll is all about. Can't fault it, best live album of all time. As far as studio albums go, Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare, great album.

After reading my previous answers its probably not hard to guess. Vain - No Respect haha!

Recommend an album from the 90s?
Ooh I dunno. Kane Roberts - Saints & Sinners, biggest choruses ever! Desmond Child at his best. Sounds like a harder edged version of Trash without Alice Cooper! Also Talisman - S/T and Harem Scarem - S/T, probably the two strongest AOR albums ever.

A tune for your own burial?
Roxx Gang - Red Rose followed by Live Fast Die Young!!! Both next to each other on the album, the first is about dying and being buried and the 2nd sums up my attitude to life!

DrillSergeant said:
Here's a little something which is done regularly by a German Metal magazine. I thought this might be fun to do here on the board. I'll think about it and add my list later.

First album you ever bought? Blizzard of Oz - Ozzy Osbourne
Last album you added to your collection? Ashes of the Wake - Lamb of God
Which album from your collection do you listen to the most? - Lately, all Lamb of God and Children of Bodom...my Maiden CD's get a damn good work out, Mstaret of Puppets gets player regularly...all my Sabbath is in my regular rotation as well
Which album has the best cover ever? Iron Maiden - Killers
Did you ever buy an album just because of its cover? - No
Worst cover ever? - Way too many to list - Enuff 'z 'Nuff's first album cover is a good example...
An album you'd recommend anytime to anyone? Any of Lamb of God's last 3 albums
Which album would you recommend to your worst enemy? - Anything by Bullet Boys, Keel or Enuff 'z 'Nuff
What album do yo listen to in the car? All 3 of Lamb of God's last 3 albums
Recommend an album from the 70s? Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Recommend an album from the 80s? Master of Puppets - Metallica
Recommend an album from the 90s? Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder
A tune for your own burial? Orion - Metallica

Bryant said:
DrillSergeant said:
An album you'd recommend anytime to anyone? For Rock fans: AC/DC - Back In Black; for Metal fans: Metallica - Master Of Puppets

You can't beat those selections dude !!! Fucking excellent picks !! And Southerners never say "excellent." We say shit like "kick ass" so that is a big compliment.

Bryant
Wow, I feel honored. :worship: Probably cause I'm Southerner myself. :wave:

DrillSergeant said:
Originally Posted by Burkhard
"Within The Veil" by Fear Of God got by far the most spins until now

Why am I not surprised? :D :D :D
Because you read the threads thoroughly?:D

First album ever bought? Black Sabbath - We Sold Our Souls For Rock n Roll
Last Album added to your collection? DevilDriver- Devil Driver
Which album listened to most? Anthrax - Among the Living
Best coer album? Deicide - Scars of the Crucifix
Buy album b/c of cover? no
Wost cover ever? Metallica - Metallica
Album recommend anytime to anyone? Slayer - Reign in Blood
Album recommended to worse enemy? Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Album listened to in car? Fear Factory - Demanufacture
Album form 70s? Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
80s? Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
90s? Rob Halford - Ressurection
Tune for own burial? Metallica - Fade to Black

Bryant said:
~metal_maiden~ said:

I listen to the radio.

I do that on the way home from work about twice a week. My local radio station has the "Eleven-O-clock News" every weeknight and I listen to the new radio rock stuff to see if I like some of it. I end up liking very little of it but I like to keep up.

Bryant

Yeah... I usually have the classical music radio station on on my way to work and back. I still listen to the good ol' rock stations when they play Metallica, Ozzy, etc. Some new music isn't all that bad. It's not something I'd listen to in my free time... I usually hear but not listen to it.

DrillSergeant said:
Come on you coward. Which one? :D :D :D

Well, if you must know... I couldn't decide which Iced Earth album to buy so I bought the one with the coolest cover, lol... I had heard their music before then but I was having trouble deciding... I've done that with some bands but I haven't made a habit out of it... this was ages ago, anyway.

First album you ever bought? Pearl Jam - Ten
Last album you added to your collection? Hollenthon - With Vilest of Worms to Dwell
Which album from your collection do you listen to the most? Slayer - Reign in Blood
Which album has the best cover ever? *See avatar*
Did you ever buy an album just because of its cover? Amorphis - Elegy
Worst cover ever? Manowar - Sign of the Hammer
An album you'd recommend anytime to anyone? Jeff Buckley - Grace
Which album would you recommend to your worst enemy? Mr. Bungle - any album
What album do yo listen to in the car? AC/DC - Back in Black
Recommend an album from the 70s? King Crimson - Red
Recommend an album from the 80s? Celtic Frost - Into the Pandemonium
Recommend an album from the 90s? Neurosis - Souls at Zero
A tune for your own burial? Iron Maiden - Hallowed be thy Name

Burkhard said:
Because you read the threads thoroughly?:D
Hmmm... Yes, that might be it? :D

~metal_maiden~ said:
Well, if you must know... I couldn't decide which Iced Earth album to buy so I bought the one with the coolest cover, lol... I had heard their music before then but I was having trouble deciding... I've done that with some bands but I haven't made a habit out of it... this was ages ago, anyway.
Don't feel embarrassed! I think you have plenty of company there. And I being the stupid guy I am always buy all the albums when in such a situation. For example I picked up the first 3 Metallica albums at once because I couldn't decide. :loco:

With my own money?, think it was Skid Row - Slave to the Grind or Judas Priest - Painkiller

Death Angel - The art of Dying, still waiting for stuff in the post

Iron Maiden - Live After Death, must have listened to it a Million times by now

Led Zeppelin 4(the vinyl) - I know, but get this:

Nowhere on the album does it say "Led Zeppelin" or "4" or Swansong or anything at all although it was released by Atlantic. On the cover is a portrait of an old man which is said to be the only existing picture of Alister Crowley's teacher(can't remember his name now).The woods in the back has purple clowds above it suggesting druids at work. The inlay consists of four symbols representing the four bandmembers and the words to Stairway. Afcoarse the record company shat themselves at our man Jimmy's idea cause someone had to pick it up without knowing who it is they're buying, but it turned out to be a great salesgimmic.Another cool cover is the vinyl of Physical Graffitti, the cover changes as you swap the sleeves.

Yes, Tigertales, it called for me

Worst cover ever?

St. Anger

Operation Mindcryme

St. Anger

I have a shuttle - here is what's currently inside
1 - Operation Mindcryme
2 - Inferno
3 - Burn my eyes(Machinehead)
4 - The system has failed
5 - Evil Star
6 - Ace of Spades

Any Zeppelin