The forgotten albums - thread

I had a couple Omen LP's that never got much listen since I was getting into CD's at the time... But recently purchased 3 of the CD's after Wyvern reminded me how great Omen was (or is..). WOD should be coming begiinning of next week with 2 Phanton X CD's which feature Kevin Goocher & Danny White from Omen. Not sure what to expect from them - But how bad could they be with talent like that?

next week with 2 Phanton X CD's which feature Kevin Goocher & Danny White from Omen. Not sure what to expect from them - But how bad could they be with talent like that?

Dunno, I checked Phantom X and I didn't like it. I may have to re-check it again o_O

NP: Ostrogoth - 'Samurai'

First album from Running Wild-Gates to Purgatory:kickass:
I don´t know if it´s realy forgotten but but Haven´t realy heard talking of this bnd eather.

43.gif

My relationship with Running Wild is simple, I like their first two albums. When they turn into the piracy subject (whcih I believe was a very original move) I stop caring. But GTP is undoubtedly one of the best metal albums, basically 0 fillers and with stuff like 'Soldiers Of Hell', 'Black Demon', ' Adrian SOS' and 'Prisoner Of Our Time' how can you miss?
r8wu.gif

We are prisoners of our time
But we are still alive
Fight for the freedom, Fight for the right
We are Running Wild

Hell yeah :kickass:
I have to get Branded and Exiled in my hands as soon as possible.

It's not as good as the debut, but worthalone for the last songs 'Chains And Leather' :headbang:

NP: Nasty Savage - 'Sardonic Mosaic'

Lucifer's Friend-S/T. Imagine A darker Uriah Heep meets Deep Purple and you get a good feel for what this album offers. Later on, they started experimented with jazzier territories, but this will always be their best album, IMO. An unsung masterpiece.
Not metal per se, though it comes quite close, i think. Close enough to be accepted to Metal Archives.

Rainbow-Stranger in Us All
My favorite Rainbow album after Dio era.
There`s some great songs like Ariel and Black Masquerade.

iagree.gif

Mine are 'Black Masquerade' and 'Hall Of The Mountain King', not to forget the revamped Still I'm Sad. Doogie White did a much better vocal work on that album than the one he's doing for Yngwie these days.

Lucifer's Friend-S/T. Imagine A darker Uriah Heep meets Deep Purple and you get a good feel for what this album offers. Later on, they started experimented with jazzier territories, but this will always be their best album, IMO. An unsung masterpiece.
Not metal per se, though it comes quite close, i think. Close enough to be accepted to Metal Archives.

Haven't listened to that album in ages. Classic stuff indeed. 'Warriors' from the 'Good Time Warrior' album is one of my all time favorite songs. Listened to that one, JP's 'Dreamer, Deceiver/Deceiver' & Tangerine Dream's 'Confrontation' back to back non stop for about a week. They all had an astounding appeal to me... Couldn't get enough.

I like 'Under Jolly Roger' & 'Port Royal' best though I like all the ones I've heard quite a bit.

Those are the only two Running Wild albums I've bothered replacing on CD. Unlike Wyv, I loved the Pirate theme! After Port Royal I lost interest.

Rainbow-Stranger in Us All
My favorite Rainbow album after Dio era.
There`s some great songs like Ariel and Black Masquerade.

Good mention of the long lost Rainbow album! :worship:

I'll add another one.

Aerosmith - Done with Mirrors
200px-Aerosmith_Done_With_Mirrors.jpg

The 1985 "reunion" album when Joe Perry came back into the fold, but before they went POP. Although mostly forgotten/ignored by even die-hard Aerosmith fans, it's one of their best works. To me, ranks right up there with Rocks and Toys in the Attic.

Pantera-Powermetal
Pantera-Projects in the jungle
Okay they're not hard to find but they are expensive, and have to be ordered overseas for some reason.
Does anyone know why?

Those are the only two Running Wild albums I've bothered replacing on CD. Unlike Wyv, I loved the Pirate theme! After Port Royal I lost interest.

Good mention of the long lost Rainbow album! :worship:

I'll add another one.

Aerosmith - Done with Mirrors
200px-Aerosmith_Done_With_Mirrors.jpg

The 1985 "reunion" album when Joe Perry came back into the fold, but before they went POP. Although mostly forgotten/ignored by even die-hard Aerosmith fans, it's one of their best works. To me, ranks right up there with Rocks and Toys in the Attic.

I haven't heard that album in ages! I got from one of those record club deals and then went on to get their Greatest Hits album and never looked back at it.

what about this one?

250px-Fighting_back.jpg

Paul Dianno's Battlezone - Fighting Back

I had this on cassette and played it to Death... oh yeah on this one too:

heavenbent.jpg

OH Yeah!

:headbang: