The forgotten albums - thread

Hawk said:
Every now and then this tread comes up and I alway's name the same band because they are fucking cool:

Anacrusis :worship:

You can listen and download all their albums right here:

http://apogee.whack.org/~ken/anacrusis media/anac_Albums_MP3.htm

On their official homepage. They simply rule :headbang:

YES Hawk you Fukin Rule Anacrusis Rocks Anybody that hasnt heard them go to that sight and Check out Manic impressions ...... the song "Still Black" Awsome band

JonnyD said:
YES Hawk you Fukin Rule Anacrusis Rocks Anybody that hasnt heard them go to that sight and Check out Manic impressions ...... the song "Still Black" Awsome band
Thanks man. I am just an old dude who knows a lot of old shit :) And yea! ANACRUSIS RULES!!!!!!!

A few years ago I played with the idea to start a Anacrusis reunion website. I had just one little problem; I have no coding skills!!! :erk:

Hawk said:
Thanks man. I am just an old dude who knows a lot of old shit :) And yea! ANACRUSIS RULES!!!!!!!

A few years ago I played with the idea to start a Anacrusis reunion website. I had just one little problem; I have no coding skills!!! :erk:

that just goes to show that you dont have to be young to be cool :) lol I have no real coding skills myself My Ex is great with that kind of thing

Well IMO these ones:

Black Knight - "Black Knight"
Phenomena - "Phenomena"
Exorcist - "Nightmare Theatre"
Goddess Of Desire - 'Let Us Win This War'
Hawk - "Hawk"
Jaguar - "Power Games"

maybe more but now I'm falling asleep

Hawk said:
Damn! How could I forget my first album ??? :kickass: :lol:
:D

And also:

Culprit - "Guilty As Charged"
Gargoyle - "Nothing Is Sacred"
H- Bomb - "Attaque"

And 90's stuff:

Riot - "The Privilege Of Power"
Imperium - "Too Short A Season"

Wyvern said:

And also:

Yes, yes yes! Culprit. I gotta tell you, you know your classics. Culprit are the godfathers of progressive metal. They even pre-date Queensryche. Very good choice!

Hawk said:
Yes, yes yes! Culprit. I gotta tell you, you know your classics. Culprit are the godfathers of progressive metal. They even pre-date Queensryche. Very good choice!

Culprit was nice discovery indeed. I'l always checking for old bands with good albums. Since most of them disappeared from the screen, I know I'm not going to get postal trying to complete their discography :p

Interesting enough to me they sound more straighforward classic metal or even NWOBHM that progressive. Coming from Seattle down't surprise that they were a huge influence in Queensryche.

Exciter - Unveiling The Wicked
Forbidden - Twisted Into Form
Running Wild - Under Jolly Roger
Grave Digger - Heavy Metal Breakdown
Sodom - Agent Orange
Evildead - Annihilation Of Civilization
Armored Saint - March Of The Saint
Metal Church - Blessing In Disguise
Rage - Execution Guaranteed
Sinner - Danger Zone
Loudness - Hurricane Eyes
U.D.O. - Timebomb

Wyvern said:

And also:

Gargoyle - "Nothing Is Sacred"
Man! If someone would re-record these two!!! GUILTY AS CHARGED would be a monster if it had the sound of Chastain's debut, Hexx's debut, or (Flight of the?) Griffin. Gargoyle is almost fine, but the guitars are a smidge too low & the vox too high in the mix. Other than that...

Oh, and Culprit reminds me of another pretty good album (in the same production boat):

Deaf Dealer - KEEPER OF THE FLAME, 1984.

The Culprit album is a killer! Too bad they never released anything else, a couple of the members left to join TKO and the band fell apart after that.

I need to check into Gargoyle, never heard them.

How about Wild Dogs, anybody remember them? They were another great early Shrapnel band. The first 2 albums had some great hard rock/metal on them. The second release (Man's Best Friend) was my favorite.

Greeno said:
How about Wild Dogs, anybody remember them? They were another great early Shrapnel band. The first 2 albums had some great hard rock/metal on them. The second release (Man's Best Friend) was my favorite.
REIGN OF TERROR is hands down my favorite. I know it doesn't have the original vocalist, but the music & sound are just so awesome. I also love playing for people and then explaining, "and this is the drummer that's in Journey now." That always gets an interesting response. Dr. Mastermind (brainchild of the original singer of Wild Dogs) didn't quite grab me as much..

Greeno said:
The Culprit album is a killer! Too bad they never released anything else, a couple of the members left to join TKO and the band fell apart after that.

I need to check into Gargoyle, never heard them.

I remember Wild Dogs but I was never that much impressed by them. I liked the first album of "The Rods" better.

Hawk said:
I remember Wild Dogs but I was never that much impressed by them. I liked the first album of "The Rods" better.
For what it's worth, REIGN OF TERROR is a more "mature" record than the debut (I'm least familiar with MAN'S BEST FRIEND.. if someone would care to send me the vinyl so's I kin digitize it, I'd be much obliged). If you haven't heard, "Call of the Dark," "Metal Fuel (in the Blood)," "Streets of Berlin," or "Siberian Vacation" you're definitely missing a treat. This album is one of many independent staples for me. It was licensed to Enigma by Shrapnel, so I must assume they attempted to "push" it, but they didn't succeed.

Oh, more gems to list:

Fifth Angel - (self-titled), 1986, and TIME WILL TELL, 1989?, are both worthy of a spin. I never got into James Byrd's solo stuff, so the commercial direction Fifth Angel took on TWT (following Byrd's departure) doesn't bother me.