That sucks dude. :(

I'm not the best person to ask in regards to advice about relationships, but it's fair to say that I know what you're going through. Things will only get better, but probably not before they get a little worse. Just try and keep yourself busy, but allow a little time to wallow.

Put on some non-depressing but extremely heavy shit and thrash around to get rid of your anger. I'd recommend playing air drums to The Gathering by Testament for a few days.

:( Sorry to hear dude.

I'm not the best person to ask either though... but I'd say it would get better over time. Just keep yourself occupied so you don't think about it, sometimes it will all catch up with you and you'll be really down but its better to just deal with it those times and keep your mind off it the rest of the time.

Dude, it does! Remember a couple of years back when my partner of 8 years left me? We had a house and dogs and all of that shit together. That as a bit rough for a good 6 or so months. And look at me now! Alone, bitter and twisted with a grudge against the world!

Blitz, I went through the same thing last year. GF of 3 yeats/best friends all that shit. We broke up for a few reasons. One being that she was jealous. Like really bad if I was talking to another girl and another being that I had been with her since we were 17 and hadnt really 'played the field' as it were. Anywa, as I said, we broke up, and I had about 6 months being single. I 'played the field' for a bit and did get with a few other girls, but it wasnt really all it was cracked up to be. I ended up getting back together with my GF and we are still together now a year later. It is so much better now cause she realised she had to get over the jealousy thing or it would never work.

Is there any chance of reconcilliation? I'm guessing she ended it? It's not the end of the world dude. You will get over it in a month or two and realise that there aer plenty of fish in the sea. I hate it when people say that things happen for a reason, but maybe this isnt the worst thing that could happen. You might meet someone who is a sick bitch!

I cant imagine you staying single for long now that I am going to loan you my original purple robe and wizard hat :)

Stay cheery, I cant even imagine what a depressed Blitzy would be like :(

Spruce Goose said:
Blitz, I went through the same thing last year. GF of 3 yeats/best friends all that shit. We broke up for a few reasons. One being that she was jealous. Like really bad if I was talking to another girl and another being that I had been with her since we were 17 and hadnt really 'played the field' as it were.
You know, that sounds like almost a perfect description of our relationship, even the ages and time frames are the same. The difference being the jealousy thing, and she has a few other reasons instead of that one. Everything else is spot on.
Spruce Goose said:
Anywa, as I said, we broke up, and I had about 6 months being single. I 'played the field' for a bit and did get with a few other girls, but it wasnt really all it was cracked up to be. I ended up getting back together with my GF and we are still together now a year later. It is so much better now cause she realised she had to get over the jealousy thing or it would never work.
Is there any chance of reconcilliation? I'm guessing she ended it?
That is what I have been telling myself for the last few days, but from what she has told me about how she feels I don't know if we will give it another chance. I honestly think it would work if we did, after the break, but it probably won't happen.
Spruce Goose said:
It's not the end of the world dude. You will get over it in a month or two and realise that there aer plenty of fish in the sea. I hate it when people say that things happen for a reason, but maybe this isnt the worst thing that could happen. You might meet someone who is a sick bitch!
Yeah, I am trying to look on the bright side, but it is hard. Will come easier in the coming months I guess.

Another thing that has me wondering what I should do, is to remain friends or not. She is content with remaining good friends, and while I want to I don't know whether I should or not. I will always have feelings for her, but if they aren't returned it just might hurt too much. But if I pretty much stop talking to her, it will turn my world upside down. We talk all the time on the phone and the net, and I get advice from her and tell her about everything. Also, when I see her moving on it will be horrible. Ugg.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. :)

Blitzkrieg said:
Another thing that has me wondering what I should do, is to remain friends or not. She is content with remaining good friends, and while I want to I don't know whether I should or not. I will always have feelings for her, but if they aren't returned it just might hurt too much. But if I pretty much stop talking to her, it will turn my world upside down. We talk all the time on the phone and the net, and I get advice from her and tell her about everything. Also, when I see her moving on it will be horrible. Ugg.
It depends on how really over it is. If it's really, really over, then you can't really keep being friends, no matter how much you want to. It's tough to hear, but I think you'd be better off settling your affairs (i.e. get your crap back off her and give hers back) and just breaking off all contact for 6 months and see how you feel after that. A clean break is better than hanging on to a hope that may never eventuate.

If it's her that's broken it off and she changes her mind then you can talk, but pretty much once they've made up their minds to leave there's no point trying to talk them around. Even if you do convince her to come back, you'll always have that doubt there, and it's not a good thing. Leave any moves towards reconcilliation up to her.

Can I just point out that this is the second time you and her have broken up this financial year.

Remember, pets and family members are to be used as bargaining tools.

No it isn't, we have never broken up...except kinda once about 18 months ago, which only lasted until we got into bed together....

We have already organised to swap each others shit back and cut off all physical ties, but as I said, she is happy to continue talking on the net and stuff as a friend, which I want but I think will be too hard as the talking will be like it was before. I really don't know what to do. I guess I will just see what happens.

phlogiston said:
It depends on how really over it is. If it's really, really over, then you can't really keep being friends, no matter how much you want to.

I'd dispute this...I suppose it depends on the people involved though. It hurts when you love someone more than they do you, and it hurts not being able to tell them how beautiful they are when they don't want to hear it from you. But I think some friends are worth enduring heartache for, if they care for you, whether or not you have any hope of actually being their 'one and only'.

My advice is, if you get in the need for female contact, go to Stefans and get your hair cut :)

Or maybe I'm just a sicko?

Anyway - been there, Blitzy, and it took a long time to get over it. But then again, I didn't help myself by keeping in touch with the chick.