Break Up!

Liquid Diamonds said:
My last breakup... was basically me getting dumped. At Christmas.
Ha. My ex boyfriend sent me to hell the day of my birthday last year... so this sunday is gonna be a year since that 'nice' episode. It was a lovely birthday present. Pf.

By the way...
You shouldn't really ask anyone if you did right or not, it's your own choice and it's your own life after all...
That's true. No one else can decide for you. Do whatever you feel it is right and the best for you.

ether said:
Intrigued by the life in the monastery, hu?
Lots of parties there, even better than "rocks" on Saturday night!
When we have other things but partying, work and spiritual contemplation we do go out to gigs, festivals, museums, pubs, the archipelago, the beach...well, basically we do things almost as we were normal people..but we love so much life in the monastery that we don't allow too many people to party with us... and to share our secrets. We are really selective and have strict rules.
In case you are interested to join our parties we have a special test for musicians (we always need someone who can play guitar for our religious functions) and if the score is enough for you to pass the test you will have the evidence that it's real fun there at the monastery.

Mother superior, "den heliga" ether:saint:

no boys,ether?
sounds like that movie about the singing nuns with whoopy goldberg...
I can already see Anders coming to audition in the monastery and after presenting awesome guitar skills Anders will be asked for previous experience in which he'll give (the real) Mother Superior a copy of "Jhva Elohim Meth...the revival" and she will faint instantly...:lol:

If you are really sure about what you want and if you feel that the relationship can´t give you all that you need, than you should be honest and break up........I am married for 10 years now, everyone said it won´t last because we were both 21 years old, but we are still very happy and in love......I guess it works, because we give each other enough freedom and space for our own interests.....so I am married but I still can go out with my friends and make holiday without my husband if I want to, so I don´t miss anything.....I am happy that I´ve found that special person.....

We had also a hard time, but I guess you just know, you just feel when he or she is the right one.....if you feel like you are missing something, then it is better to be honest to yourself and your partner before it get worse, that is always painfull for both sides....

Seems like your found the perfect relationship then Agonija. Everyone should ha ve their freedom and space in a relationship..one of the reasons why I try not to get into any. I love to just sit and listen to music, stare at my vinyls for hours, kick back with some drinks, go out with some friends...see a movie..you know.

Once I find that mate that I can have that with...I will be set.

But I will not be whipped and/or taken advantage of. I will be doing some major dumping if that happens...maybe my negative attitude towards that is the reason for my lonliness? Oh well I'm only 20, I have time.

LifeDepraved said:
Seems like your found the perfect relationship then Agonija. Everyone should ha ve their freedom and space in a relationship..one of the reasons why I try not to get into any. I love to just sit and listen to music, stare at my vinyls for hours, kick back with some drinks, go out with some friends...see a movie..you know.

Once I find that mate that I can have that with...I will be set.

But I will not be whipped and/or taken advantage of. I will be doing some major dumping if that happens...maybe my negative attitude towards that is the reason for my lonliness? Oh well I'm only 20, I have time.

You´re right, you have time......all these things like watching movies, go out, travel I can share with my husband, except for one thing - metal, he actually hates metal, I gave up trying to get him into this music........at the beginning he even went with me to festivals and concerts, which is a proof of his love for me :) but I have enough friends that are also metal fans.....so we have enough things that we can share and we can also follow our own interests....I think that is very important in every relationship, beeing together 24/7 kills every relationship anyway.....

you can´t plan things like falling in love or meeting someone special anyway, it just happens, sooner or later.......

don't worry lifedepraved, it is not worth it anyways. what is the statistic that is always thrown around? 1/2 of all marriages in the u.s. end in divorce anyways. right now, you have the freedom to do ANYTHING you want in life, pursue any interests or hobbies you may have, travel the world, anything. nothing to tie you down, can spend all your money on music and other things that most people would consider 'frivolous.' no obligations. what you feel is a biological urge, rationally, you don't need anyone in your life. the world is already overpopulated as it is.

sometimes it depends on how much are you willing to put in to save the relationship in moments of crisis. and people are just getting lazier by the day,
getting lazy from telling about how they feel to their partner which is mostly being bored from spending the day with the same person and the same sex every night and the same brand of cornflakes for breakfast.so in this case there are pretty much these options:
1. one partner gets bored and decides to cheat on the other and eventually they brake up
2. one partner gets bored and decides to honest and tells his/her partner he/she is bored.the other partner takes offence and dumps you on the spot.
3.same situation as in 2 only the second partner shows understanding and they both try to find ways to spice up their relationship...hurrah
4.both of the partners cheat on each other,possible outcomes:
a.split up with no guilt on either side with the excuse of not being right for each other
b. find a way to reconcile and never cheat on each other again
c. decide that the relationship is worth saving but have an open relationship
5. the ugliest option of them all:the partner being an asshole(sleeping around, hitting ,raping,being a deadbeat and leaving you to collapse under the the weight of life alone(bills,education for the kids etc etc))

option 5 seems so dramatic! i just want someone who likes me so i can like her back!!!i dont need to breed either!

life is hard, and that's why it is fun!

option 5 is happens when the partner isn't quite what you bargained for when you started dating and yes it's so dramatic because some people are shit by nature
none of these apply to a specific case, it can be gf/bf situation, a married couple with or without kids.
what they have in common is the fact that it's a based long term relationship and not just dating someone for like 2 months and then braking up

in short term relationship it's way more simple
1. not liking something about the other person's personality or behavior that you're not willing to compromise on(could also be bad sex)
2.the old "you're nice and you're fun yo be with but i'm not attracted to you in that way, lets stay friends"
3 some bad dates,having nothing in common, again bad sex, boredom...

off course those are the most common reasons for relationships that fail.

the keys to any successfull relationship are:attraction, love and honesty(not neccessarily in that order)

hmm.. i would like to have someone who would care about me. well the lousy part is that i usually don´t like anyone who likes me... and few years ago i found someone.. well he dumped me. but we´re still good friends :) but after that i haven´t found anyone special.. maybe it´s because Estonia is so goddamn small and all the hotties are taken? õhh.. can´t wait until i finish school and i can move away from here... i hope i can have a fresh start somewhere else.