Break Up!

I know its not easy, but you just gotta get yourself to understand that theres no reason to go on being sad for an extended ammount of time. You gotta let the feelings out but don't let them consume you. Talking with people about it is a great way to help you deal with it as well. I just think that being sad in the end is rather pointless, especially when were young and have so much ahead of us. All it does is bring us down.

Pearl Jam's Ten album helped me coping with my breakup...(off course I didn't know Katatonia back then) and I've been single ever since which is a long long time.
I used to know a suicidal girl which I really liked and I believe she liked me...but i just couldn't bare the the thought of her doing something to herself because of me so I rejected her advances by giving her the old "you're really fun to hang with but i'm not attracted to you in that way, lets stay friends" and we did stay friends all the way untill I was recruited...
I saw her once 4 years later, appearently she was hospitalized twice for manic depression during that period and was on heavy medication and looked a mess. poor girl:(

Scourge of Malice said:
I know its not easy, but you just gotta get yourself to understand that theres no reason to go on being sad for an extended ammount of time. You gotta let the feelings out but don't let them consume you. Talking with people about it is a great way to help you deal with it as well. I just think that being sad in the end is rather pointless, especially when were young and have so much ahead of us. All it does is bring us down.

good message for not going walking by a wire due to an unknown youth . . :lol:

paradoxile said:
Pearl Jam's Ten album helped me coping with my breakup...(off course I didn't know Katatonia back then) and I've been single ever since which is a long long time.
I used to know a suicidal girl which I really liked and I believe she liked me...but i just couldn't bare the the thought of her doing something to herself because of me so I rejected her advances by giving her the old "you're really fun to hang with but i'm not attracted to you in that way, lets stay friends" and we did stay friends all the way untill I was recruited...
I saw her once 4 years later, appearently she was hospitalized twice for manic depression during that period and was on heavy medication and looked a mess. poor girl:(

i've met a suicidal girl too ..... she really suffered of depression.. really tried to kill herself sometimes in the past.. and she kinda felt in love with me for a while.... we had some hours as a cuple only once.. kissed and all.. but then.. i knew i couldn't go forward with it.. had no way to do it....... she moved on .. bitterly.. but she always been that way.. i kept watching over her for awhile.. but then she found another guy to do that for her.. i happen to know that usually she finds someone for that.. we haven't talked for sometime now....

ah suicidal girls!!

i have a tendency to start relationships with troubled girls, insecure ones, more even so than me!! it doesnt work in the end, when you become to dependant on the other, the other usually gets tired! well i got tired at least, and it makes it even harder to break up for fear that the girl would take it so bad to harm herself!! but it all has worked out well in the end, and they all hate my guts actually! but theyre alive and wiser than before (at least wise enough not to fall for someone like me!!)

ah pearl jam... indifference was my song back then....

hugot said:
ah suicidal girls!!

i have a tendency to start relationships with troubled girls, insecure ones, more even so than me!! it doesnt work in the end, when you become to dependant on the other, the other usually gets tired! well i got tired at least, and it makes it even harder to break up for fear that the girl would take it so bad to harm herself!! but it all has worked out well in the end, and they all hate my guts actually! but theyre alive and wiser than before (at least wise enough not to fall for someone like me!!)

ah pearl jam... indifference was my song back then....

It doesn't always end up well, so why take the risk...
suicidegirls should be all about www.suicidegirls.com that is slutty tattooed/pierced naked girls(i'm so fucking shallow)

and at the time I was too fucking depressed about losing my love to listen to indiference...

hehe, my relationship with my ex was terrible...
since it was my first I was quite inexperianced.
She was sorta obsessed with me it seems, she never gave me any freedom whatsoever... it was quite scary actually.
We are on the same school, and she always wanted to hold hands and stuff, and if had to go to the toilets she would wait outside :)ill: ) complaining to my friends I stayed away too long....
and more stuff like that...
she also agreed with ánything I said...
no communication... and she took everything far too serious... (I think she wanted to marry me in the future:zombie: )
come on, I just want someone cool to hang around with and to talk and discuss with and stuff, but nooo:p

so I ended it all (after a month, yeah it was short:p) before she would imagine herself even more happyness. and the longer I would have stayed the more damage I would do to myself (since I wasn't attracted to her at all in the end, knowing how she really was...) and her.
btw, that 'relationship' and its consequences were luckely far less serious than stuff I read here...
hehe, perhaps my time will come too....

I don't get involved to such shits. It's a waste of time for me. :mad:

I'm too young to love with the real meaning of loving. Any relationship people have while they're teens is pretty stupid cause it doesn't lead to anywhere at all o_O . It always ends up with a break up, crying on the phone etc etc etc.... stupid things for emo kids '-.-

If you're grown enought then that chagnes, and the break up is more hard as the relationship is more serious...

Repeating cycle of love/no love. Love is a feeling that causes a mess :loco:

But for me now...I think of love , I let it pass... :lol:

you're young..you will find another. Try not to think about it and do things instead, meet friends, have fun, go out..
After all it's not that bad to be single, at least you have freedom!
"when you have no one, no one can hurt you"

Blakkheim said:
so you're allowed to leave the monastery?

Intrigued by the life in the monastery, hu?
Lots of parties there, even better than "rocks" on Saturday night!
When we have other things but partying, work and spiritual contemplation we do go out to gigs, festivals, museums, pubs, the archipelago, the beach...well, basically we do things almost as we were normal people..but we love so much life in the monastery that we don't allow too many people to party with us... and to share our secrets. We are really selective and have strict rules.
In case you are interested to join our parties we have a special test for musicians (we always need someone who can play guitar for our religious functions) and if the score is enough for you to pass the test you will have the evidence that it's real fun there at the monastery.

Mother superior, "den heliga" ether:saint:

ether said:
you're young..you will find another. Try not to think about it and do things instead, meet friends, have fun, go out..
After all it's not that bad to be single, at least you have freedom!
"when you have no one, no one can hurt you"

I agree 200% with this post...

You've definatly made the right choice man. Ive been thru something similar when my b/f at the time and I decided to end it... we'd been together almost 3 years.
We realised we were too young! Why be tied down at such a young age??? Also the feelings were gone... you know... relashionshipy.. mushy lovey dovey etc etc bullshit. We felt more like mates, so thats what we are now! And its awesome, its so cool still being friends with him after all of this. Thats how I think every relationship should end! Im so lucky i got a really good mate out of it and also I learnt alot in that 3 year period with him. Couldn't have turned out better! - I dont always think breaking up has to be that bad?!?!
You have to have fun and be single while your still young and do everything you want etc... thats what its all about!
But you have to be certain... just because we all say you are making the right choice... do you still feel the same way for her? Do you feel happy bout your decision?

Sorry this all sounds very cheesy tehehe

Its all about your happiness man, if this is whats ultimatly gonna make you happy then yes - it was the right choice :)

My last breakup... was basically me getting dumped. At Christmas.

Still hurts :(

I listened to a lot of Strapping Young Lad, because at that time anything even vaguely emotional made me break down entirely.

I've been through the suicide of a man I used to love and I'm still alive and even fine sometimes, so you'll survive the break for sure. The music is the best healing and the best teacher... Sincere music can't be wrong, you feel someone shares your thoughts and speaks them out, it becomes a sort of your diary, and you get a comfort that way. You shouldn't really ask anyone if you did right or not, it's your own choice and it's your own life after all...