I think phloggy is right, if you still like her, you cant be friends, it will just drive you mad.

Hey Blitzy, my girlfriend of three years suddenly turned around one night and said she didn't love me anymore. Two weeks later I met Xena at a Dungeon gig and two weeks after that, we started going out. This could be the best thing that's ever happened to you man. Look beyond today and keep your chin up, mate.

One more thing: Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, think for a second that you will "remain friends". It rarely happens. Just move on. Remaining friends with an ex can make it very hard to find someone else, and even harder to keep them

I got a story that can probably top those ones but I'm not gonna repeat it here... Let's just say the last 2 years have been interesting!

Wenda said:
It hurts when you love someone more than they do you, and it hurts not being able to tell them how beautiful they are when they don't want to hear it from you. But I think some friends are worth enduring heartache for, if they care for you, whether or not you have any hope of actually being their 'one and only'.
This is true! It really depends on what sort of relationship it is too... Like, if you started off as best friends and have a lot of stuff in common and genuinely love being with each other as friends, etc. rather than just "well, we started going out so I guess we love each other" then it's likely you'll always have some kind of common bond in some way, even if it kills you to be around them right away after you've broken up...

Every situation and every break up is different, though, so that could all mean shit in the end. Just take care of yourself and life will eventually go on, as sucky as it may feel in the short-term...

Blitzkrieg said:
I recently broke up with my girlfriend of the last 3 years, and the worst part is I am still in love with her. It came as such a shock, I just feel so fucked up. Please tell me it gets easier. :erk:
mov053.jpg

SLAP!

Lord Tim said:
This is true! It really depends on what sort of relationship it is too... Like, if you started off as best friends and have a lot of stuff in common and genuinely love being with each other as friends, etc. rather than just "well, we started going out so I guess we love each other" then it's likely you'll always have some kind of common bond in some way, even if it kills you to be around them right away after you've broken up...
We were best of friends the whole time, regardless of how the relationship was going, if you know what I mean. I just wish I could turn my feelings off and be able to maintain a healthy friendship, but I am worried that things will start to feel alright, but as soon as she starts to move on it will all come rushing back to me, and I will want to beat guys heads in.

Terry, that was actually a good post, cheers. :lol: :)

I have no experience whatsoever in this department, but I'd like to add my support anyway. I would say something like "plenty more fish in the sea" but that probably doesn't help much. You were Blitz before she was part of your life and you'll still be Blitz long after she's gone. If you, my friend, can look in the mirror and be happy and confident about the guy staring back at you, that's half the battle.

W

I'm sorry to hear that, dude. Well, as cliche as it sounds, this is true: time heals all wounds. Give it time, and yes, it WILL get better. You'll forget about her and all this, and hey, maybe even find someone else! Just chin up, buddy. You'll get over it.

Blitz, sorry for my comment, it was in poor taste. I hope you sort everything out.

Haup

All you gotta do is grease the axle, eat a good spit roast, then go to Paris for a BC and it will all be sweet.