1666 things you've noticed about a dt forum member -

590. hyena has chamged her avatar while i've been away....btw - itdoesn't matter but i've liked the old one more :saint:

Geri said:
590. hyena has chamged her avatar while i've been away....btw - itdoesn't matter but i've liked the old one more :saint:

Well, I'm not completely satisfied either, to be honest, but I haven't had the time to look for a good one. Probably the reasons are different tho ;) What I mean is that I definitely want Rudy G in it and, while I like his expression in the pic I choose, I am not satisfied by the quality: low resolution, too small. Of course there's a lot more on the net, but none of them conveyed the right feeling to me (for example, i could opt for a shot of his drag queen impersonation here, but that's not the vibe I'm going for :lol:). I'll keep looking and when I have a final choice I'll put it up.

UndoControl said:
589. La Rocque can't spell.
Al, are you just finding this out or is it because I showed your ho no love?
I'm mildly(?) dyslectic (having impaired ability to comprehend written words)
It don't mean shit, other than that is the way things are
but some people find it necessary to make fun of a person with a handicap -

La Rocque said:

I kinda understand ye, my best friend is dyslexic. And Mrs.Gigi is discalculic (the same but with numbers). It's quite terrbile, I know it must affect your daily life a lot :ill: :erk: .

Dave said:
1. She's not a "ho". More respect.

2. No, i'm honest about it. I don't insult people just for the fun of it, and i don't say something about someone if i don't believe it is true. Besides, i merely posted a fact about a forum member, as it explicitly says i should do on this thread.

3. What my girl said. :)

About this "commenting on a fact", I commented on you defending your GF ever so often and you were very offended, which is just as much a fact as Dave's dyslexia, so dont downplay it now. If a comment cant offend, neither can a joke.

On a sidenote.. I have a very sexy learning disability, too. I call it.. Sexlexia :D

Taliesin said:
About this "commenting on a fact", I commented on you defending your GF ever so often and you were very offended, which is just as much a fact as Dave's dyslexia, so dont downplay it now. If a comment cant offend, neither can a joke.
I wasn't offended, i was telling you why i did/do it. And stop putting your nose in other people's matters, please. I thought you and i were through with arguing.

We are done with arguing, which is exactly why you shouldnt get defensive, but explain to me how that makes sense.
And on those "other people's matters", let me quote your GF there:
Rincewind said:
This should be an open community where everybody tries to understand
So Im trying to understand and suddenly that's none of my business? This is still a public forum, mister

hyena said:
Everyone's turned into a gangsta rapper lately. :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's a cute line in an animated children's movie called "Open Season" about animals in a forest. For whatever reason, the two main characters (a deer and a bear, I think) have black accents, and they turn to each other, give each other "dap" (that's when you bump fists, like a handshake) and say "Bros over does." :tickled: (There's a saying, "Bros over hos," like your brothers/friends come before girls. And then, you know, a doe is a female deer. OK, maybe that required too much explanation to be funny...)

Lina said:
There's a cute line in an animated children's movie called "Open Season" about animals in a forest. For whatever reason, the two main characters (a deer and a bear, I think) have black accents, and they turn to each other, give each other "dap" (that's when you bump fists, like a handshake) and say "Bros over does." :tickled: (There's a saying, "Bros over hos," like your brothers/friends come before girls. And then, you know, a doe is a female deer. OK, maybe that required too much explanation to be funny...)

I sometimes wonder whether these cartoons are really for children. Or to put it another way, I really respect the makers of these things, because they manage to balance the layers of entertainment for every age group (well, usually). I remember laughing my ass off watching Cow & Chicken or The Simpsons, but I really wondered whether the kids would get it. But then I realised there was plenty of pure kids stuff, so no problem.

marduk1507 said:
I sometimes wonder whether these cartoons are really for children. Or to put it another way, I really respect the makers of these things, because they manage to balance the layers of entertainment for every age group (well, usually). I remember laughing my ass off watching Cow & Chicken or The Simpsons, but I really wondered whether the kids would get it. But then I realised there was plenty of pure kids stuff, so no problem.
Take Disney films. They're not really for kids. I mean, kids can get half of the message and maybe the main plot of a film, but to get the deeper stuff you need to be older than when you first watched it. And some of them hold really dark shit. o_O

I agree, not all cartoons are for children only (or for children at all).