2 new Nu Metal tracks - The Catalyst (Linkin Park) & Way Out

Pringles

Former Zerg user
Jul 31, 2010
Hey fellow musicians, here are 2 of my latest Nu Metal tracks.

The first one is called The Catalyst and it's my entry for a Linkin Park contest that took place last week. The track is divided into 2 parts with 2 distinct moods. The contest rules weren't very clear so I didn't know if we were allowed to modify, not to use one of the stems or even play with the tempo. Anyway, I used all the stems and did this version in 2 days of composing and recording. I added some keyboards layers and some guitar parts (clean & heavy). I hope you'll envoy it. Gear used: DAW based on Cubase 5, Superwave P8, Crystal, Korg Triton, BFD2, custom sample libraries, Kurzweil K2500R, Squier, PRS & Ibanez guitars, Dunlop picks and Calvin Klein underwears.

You can listen to it here on Soundclick

The 2nd one is one of my latest Rap Metal tracks, Way Out. I couldn't find a singer to fill in the missing vocals so I used an acapella track from Chester Bennington as it perfectly fit the instrumental track without almost any editing! Some parts of the lyrics were even matching my track title. It begins with a ska guitar riff I used a delay on with some synths.

Like for The Catalyst, I used Squier, PRS & acoustic guitars and basses, NI Absynth, Superwave P8, PODxt, Kurzweil K2500R, Korg Triton, BFD2, even did a little scratching (bare with me as this was my first time haha).

You can also listen to this track on Soundclick

Thanks in advance for listening and your feedback :Smokedev:

The first track sounds amazing on my headphones, i'm wondering what's that effect on the vocals at the beggining, there's definately talent in here! maybe the highs are too boosted in my opinion? it's kind'a hurting in high volume

Hey, thanks for listening! Not sure which effect you're talking about. Yep, the highs may be a little bit too loud, it would needs a subtle adjustement.