2000 Decibel 2004

svältvinter said:
Where did u find a TFBhood? I thought that one was only made as a stupid hoodless kapenzulliluppi!!!!
LOL!! I don't know what a kapenzulliluppi ist (Kapuzenpulli maybe?) but how can one of these be hoodless? :confused:
Anyway, TFB hood is available at Napalm.

Gaunerin said:
LOL!! I don't know what a kapenzulliluppi ist (Kapuzenpulli maybe?) but how can one of these be hoodless? :confused:
Anyway, TFB hood is available at Napalm.
Yes, and I (being a Swede and all) ordered it at my favourite place www.swedrock.se. Low prices and fast shipping for all Swedes :)

Gaunerin said:
oh yeah, I now remember you went to Göteborg first. Maybe that blue easter bunny could help you out there if it became necessary... ;)

and congrats on the shirt :D I first thought I had enough shirts in general and enough V-shirts in particular but ended up ordering a TFB longsleeve :) The album is too good to not have a matching shirt, hehe.
Nah, I have actually got a ride with a guy whom I've never met before, but it looks like it's not gonna happen anyway. Besides I've already bought tickets to my two favourite festivals Sweden Rock (gotta see Lumsk!) and Roskilde (for the beer and the mood :D ) and although 2000 Decibel is quite cheap, it's still money...

never cared for Roskilde so I don't know but SRF already is quite pricy. luckily don't find the billing all too tempting....and I have enough other fests to go to.
about you not coming to 2000 Decibel (to get back to the topic ;) ): it's your loss :p

I haven't started packing my stuff together yet......judging from the various weather forecasts for Sweden I will have to be prepared for any weather and temperature :rolleyes: I must decide what to take with me soon though, I'm leaving tomorrow morning! :) Should I already say "bye" to the board? ;)

Gaunerin said:
I haven't started packing my stuff together yet......judging from the various weather forecasts for Sweden I will have to be prepared for any weather and temperature :rolleyes: I must decide what to take with me soon though, I'm leaving tomorrow morning! :) Should I already say "bye" to the board? ;)
At the moment the weather is quite shakey over here...usually this type of weather happens in April..but somehow it got delayed this year to May...so I recomend you to bring at least some warm clothes..it gets quite chilly at night..even if the last weekend was very warm.

mr V

Vintersorg said:
At the moment the weather is quite shakey over here...usually this type of weather happens in April..but somehow it got delayed this year to May...so I recomend you to bring at least some warm clothes..it gets quite chilly at night..even if the last weekend was very warm.

mr V
Thanks Andreas. I was freezing at night a lot last year, so I'm a little better prepared now (I hope). See you on friday! Off to the airport NOW :)

My b-paper about mr V's use of metaphores is basically the thing keeping me from seeing him live this weekend.. oh sweet irony.

Twilightheart said:
Hej! Everybody back again from 2000 Decibel?!?! Well... tell us, how it`s been!
:hotjump:
How were the bands (esp. Vintersorg and Naglfar of course), how was the weather etc. ???
The weather pretty much sucked :D Icecold constantly and then a little sunshine and a little rain.

In my opinion vintersorg did a fucking awesome gig. Maybe it was because i where standing in the front this time but i felt that the crowd where way better and more enthusiastic than last year. I think the pressure from behind where really good and the crowd where singing along pretty loud. It remind me of a Opeth consert with great crowd and great songs but a frontman that ain´t much of a speaker :D :loco:
The setlist hadn´t changed much since last year, 11songs again: (guess its some kind of vintersorgstandard) "Curtains", "Sphere in a sphere" and the special suprise "FÖR KUNG OCH FOSTERLAND" (really really good choice Mr.V) (he didn´t play "esp mirage", "under norrskenets fallande ljusspel" and "algol") A little bit supring that he played so few new songs but much much better then last year!! Lets hope he play in 2005 too, cause this seems to be the only opinion if u whant to see him in action.

svältvinter said:
The weather pretty much sucked :D Icecold constantly and then a little sunshine and a little rain.

In my opinion vintersorg did a fucking awesome gig. Maybe it was because i where standing in the front this time but i felt that the crowd where way better and more enthusiastic than last year. I think the pressure from behind where really good and the crowd where singing along pretty loud. It remind me of a Opeth consert with great crowd and great songs but a frontman that ain´t much of a speaker :D :loco:
The setlist hadn´t changed much since last year, 11songs again: (guess its some kind of vintersorgstandard) "Curtains", "Sphere in a sphere" and the special suprise "FÖR KUNG OCH FOSTERLAND" (really really good choice Mr.V) (he didn´t play "explorer", "under norrskenets fallande ljusspel" and "algol") A little bit supring that he played so few new songs but much much better then last year!! Lets hope he play in 2005 too, cause this seems to be the only opinion if u whant to see him in action.
Thanx for sharing a bit! Sorry for the weather! But hej... the music was good and that`s what counts! :) Also nice to hear the crowd did rock!
What do you mean by "Lets hope he play in 2005 too, cause this seems to be the only opinion if u whant to see him in action" ??? Are the other gigs cancelled again or what? I hoped to see him at Summerbreeze this year (after last year was cancelled)! But.... glad to hear they still played "För kung och fosterland"... I looove that song!! :worship:

svältvinter said:

The setlist hadn´t changed much since last year, 11songs again: (guess its some kind of vintersorgstandard) "Curtains", "Sphere in a sphere" and the special suprise "FÖR KUNG OCH FOSTERLAND" (really really good choice Mr.V) (he didn´t play "explorer", "under norrskenets fallande ljusspel" and "algol") A little bit supring that he played so few new songs but much much better then last year!! Lets hope he play in 2005 too, cause this seems to be the only opinion if u whant to see him in action.
The thing with the setlist is that we now have pretty many albums to choose from and everybody have at least some songs from every album that they want to hear, so with only a 1 h show we get a little to few new songs, as we can't play without including "Till Fjälls" etc....at the Dong Open Air we have 80 minute though..so we'll throw in som more new ones.

About me not speaking that much between the songs: we had so tight schedule that I constantly asked the stage manager how many minutes we had left, and then calculated that we have to start the next track right away..we want to play as many songs as possible, instead of boring speaches...hehehehe...it was a nice show though! The first one with our new bassplayer and new keyboardist, and they were perfect!!

mr V

Twilightheart said:
What do you mean by "Lets hope he play in 2005 too, cause this seems to be the only opinion if u whant to see him in action" ??? Are the other gigs cancelled again or what?
I don´t really know what i meant either, but its the only place he play that isn´t so far away....or something :D He haven´t done any gigs between last years and this years bengtsfors (or em i wrong??) so he ain´t really what u can call a touring band, therefor bengtsfors become the savior!!

Vintersorg said:
The thing with the setlist is that we now have pretty many albums to choose from and everybody have at least some songs from every album that they want to hear, so with only a 1 h show we get a little to few new songs, as we can't play without including "Till Fjälls" etc....at the Dong Open Air we have 80 minute though..so we'll throw in som more new ones.

About me not speaking that much between the songs: we had so tight schedule that I constantly asked the stage manager how many minutes we had left, and then calculated that we have to start the next track right away..we want to play as many songs as possible, instead of boring speaches...hehehehe...it was a nice show though! The first one with our new bassplayer and new keyboardist, and they were perfect!!

mr V
hum....it feels kind of stupid to arguing about minuts and how meny songs from every album like this, but if im not wrong u had like 5minuts left when it was over and last year u managed to get 5minuts more then u had time:D (so u could have tried to say something funny or play one more song:loco:) and about new songs, the thing i thought was strange was that it was like 4songs from visons and 2 from focusing, but who cares anyway, as long as u choose good songs (no offence, but it was a good idea to replace "esp mirage" :loco:).

"ars memorativa", "spegelsfären", and "sphere in a sphere".......isn´t always the sixth track the best one when it come to vintersorg??

Im one of those who joined svältvinter in the front. There´s nothing to complain about, except that I didn´t get to hear asatider(but as Vintersorg already said he can´t play ´em all).
And I can say that there where atleast to über perfectionist at 2000 decibel and that vintersorg was one of ´em(the other one was peter tätgren).

There´s one thing that I can complain about about the people that where at 2000 decibel and that is that they didnt party enough, I know that there had to be over 500 people there but as the night was closing in they all went to get their beutisleep(except for about a 100 of ´em). there is just one reason accepteball to sleep and that is that u got to drunk and feel a sleep at the place u where standing at or that everyone else got to wasted.