2000 Decibel forum-meeting

I am to tired to write any right now, I am ´glad that Vintersorg did play my favourite song, Under norrskenets fallande ljusspel.

I just got home from bengtsfors and I have been driving for about 7-8 hours so I am tired.

OK, so the live-report from 2000 Decibel is up at www.myriadofpeepholes.tk I just hope that you all wont hit me after reading the things about Vintersorg. *covers* Remember; this is only my opinion...
Right now, there´s only one photo of Vintersorg, but the rest will come in a while, I promise

Sorry to see that you didn't like the show...but if you think you'll have the same feeleing as on an album I guess it will always dissapoint you in one way or another, it's two different worlds man, we had really bad sound on stage, and I've unerstood that the sound out also were below what it should have been.....Album vs Live is separated by an abyss...still if the sound should be good live as well, it certainly should be a difference between 'em, why bother do live shows if they sounds exact the same as the album????make no sense at all.

We did a good gig, and I think you like to hear music, and not me talking..right..I hate all the supposed relevant talking between the songs that so many bands do, you'r there to listen to the songs, not a person trying to be cool, or a smart ass....I won't discuss this further, as I don't need to defend or show in any way, music is personal.

mr V

Reactions: Fourka
That's right, music is always personal and a matter of taste...
A bad sound always sucks, cause it does not let you hear the band well... unfortunately it often happens. *sad*
If a band sounds exactly like they do on an album, then personally I would think something is wrong there... hehe, actually I would get the word "playback" on my mind... hehehe...
I don't mind if a singer talks between songs as long as it isn't too chatty and dull...

Anyway, just felt like telling what's on my mind, I don't look for a discussion... see ya \m/

I personally think the show was great, the setlist was great and the sound out to the crowd was good IMO(I heard the vox pretty well), The only things that annoyed was some "rundgång" and that mattias guitar was a bit too low, but it didn't matter really..

Vintersorg said:
Sorry to see that you didn't like the show...but if you think you'll have the same feeleing as on an album I guess it will always dissapoint you in one way or another, it's two different worlds man, we had really bad sound on stage, and I've unerstood that the sound out also were below what it should have been.....Album vs Live is separated by an abyss...still if the sound should be good live as well, it certainly should be a difference between 'em, why bother do live shows if they sounds exact the same as the album????make no sense at all.

We did a good gig, and I think you like to hear music, and not me talking..right..I hate all the supposed relevant talking between the songs that so many bands do, you'r there to listen to the songs, not a person trying to be cool, or a smart ass....I won't discuss this further, as I don't need to defend or show in any way, music is personal.

mr V

OK, first of all; Yes, I am there to listen to the music, to hear the music live and not to hear it as it sounds on record. I know there´s a difference and I would like to hear that difference as well.
As far as the performing goes, I am not a musician or anything, so I wont discuss wheter it was good or bad, but the sound was bad (at least from where I stood) and as I said before, I liked the setlist very much.
You´re right that I am not there to listen to a person trying to be cool or a smart ass. I am there to hear how the songs sound live.
But I really enjoy a concert to maximum when there´s a more personal bond between the band (especially the vocalist) and the crowd. And in this case, when there weren´t that much people attending, this could certainly have been better. As I said, I don´t want to hear people saying "cool" things behind a microphone, but I would like to hear and feel some more energy on stage, more personal and "friendly" with/to the crowd.
And you certainly don´t have to defend the gig or your music... Vintersorg and Otyg is what I have listened to every day for over a year now and I think I knew that it would have to stop at some time. Sadly, my taste in music has stagnated and I think that the live-gig was a turning point for me. Well, maybe not a turning point, but at least a break from the music that Mr. V gives us...
Oh, BTW if anyone cares, the rest of the Vintersorg-pictures are up on the trollskog-page (www.trollskog.cjb.net)

I think that Mr.V said in a closeup that he always play songs from all records. But why the heck is there never any songs form "Hedniskt Hjärtad" ?? And only ONE single song from "Till Fjälls"!!! Sure the new albums is also just exellent but what the heck do vintersorg have against his old material?? :yell::yell:

Morgana said:
Hi Draugen, dunno what it is, but I have probs to get on your site... ever time I try it's not working for me... *sad*

Yep, I know that other people have had those problems as well. Don´t know why it keeps happening...:erk:

My personal experience of the show was great, and beyond!!!
For years I´ve longed to see Vintersorg live, and now I have finally done it. And never had I thought that his voice would sound so good on stage. It was amazing!
And Tyr´s bassplaying was extraordinary, as well as Mattias guitar skills!

Hope to see you again next year!

Skål!

Yeah the gig where gret! The best songs was defenitly "till fjälls" and "ödemarkens son". And it's nice to have mine hedniskhjärtad mcd signed by you all in the band!

-Vi skola handkraftas och dräpa Himmelrikets svaglynta gesäll

Yeah, a twohourshow whould have been greate instead, even throught that isn´t enought but anyway.

At all the festivalgigs that Mr.V is involved with he is always driving over his time and making the stagemanagers crazy. Thats so cool :D

I can't believe we didn't take a forum-member-pic. I know Draugen wanted to take one and later on it was me who was complaining we haven't taken one........but somehow we completely failed with that. I actually pretty much failed taking pics at the festival in general. At least I managed to take ONE pic of these two handsome young men (one of which was Phyros) who were kind enough to endure me (once they had finally found their way to Bengtsfors that is.....not going into details there, aren't we, Phyros? ;) )

I also sort of agree partly with what Draugen wrote in his review. My expectations were certainly way too high also.......which isn't only the band's fault but has to do with the general atmosphere at the gig/festival/whatever. A real V-crowd in the dark (or indoors in a club) would have certainly been a better basis than the way it was there.
Also, as good as "ESP Mirage" is, it simply didn't work live at all. It might have had to do with the sound as well but personally I think that it's just way too complex for a live performance to turn out as a killer song. For someone not familiar with the song it was probably nothing but cacophony.
Other than that, it was ok with me. "Till Fjälls" should not be left out, it's just the perfect song to end the set as everybody's just waiting for that one!