meetings at tuska

Villain said:
Also, my apologies to the entire English-speaking world - my pronounciation went from bad to horrible during the course of the weekend. I'll try not to rape the English language as much in the future.

And my apologies not only for the english-speaking world but also for the finnish-speaking one. My dialect was somehow too unearthly for Dr. T, and he almost started crying after experiencing my one hour of Karelian höpinä™.

Pittää ehtii jotta joskus vaik löytääki jottai. o_O

Etsiä. Ehtiä. Ettiä. :p

Really, everyone's English was absolutely fine. It makes me feel so crap to hear people complaining about their English when it's so damn much better than my [insert any foreign language here] will ever be.

I had such a wonderful time at Tuska. Board meetings are always bittersweet. I leave feeling both encouraged about the state of humanity (grand, I know) but also disappointed that such gatherings can't happen regularly. At any rate, I am so glad I was part of this one. Everyone I was excited to meet lived up to my expectations, and those I wasn't familiar with impressed me.

Late on the night rahvin and I arrived, we found ourselves at a club with Ulla and Spike, and as I sat there I just started chuckling out of the blue: "I'm sitting with Ulla and Spike. o_O " (I was also entertained by the thought, "An Italian, an American, a Finn and an Aussie walked into a bar..." :tickled: ) Every meeting was surreal like that. There were so many people there that I've always admired but never thought I'd meet. The globe seems rather cozy now. :)

I also want to say how truly pleasantly surprised I was by how thoughtful and considerate you people are. The Finns were so welcoming and helpful. It was the little things that struck me: Ormir turning around from the front seat in the taxi to make smalltalk with me, when he was under no social obligation to do so. Ormir, Spike and QSilver (I think) giving up their seats in a surprising display of chilvalry to us girls when we arrived at a packed club. Everyone patiently and naturally taking care of someone who was ill. Ulla's eyes lighting up when she heard of my approaching bday, without mentioning that her own was just a week away. Enkeli bringing the perfect bday present to the festival for me, when I'm already so indebted to her. Orchid accompanying us all the way to the airport to say goodbye. And of course Rusty presenting me with a birthday card surreptiously signed by almost everyone, which I've read at least 37 times. (I even put it in my carry-on bag from Italy to the U.S., because I couldn't bear to part with it.)

I have gazillions of pics to sort through, some of which I'll post here eventually.

*wistful sigh* :)

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

08.jpg

kinda morbid, but still funny

Awesome pix, Lina!
I'm glad you all had a wonderful time. :)

Hi, folks. :)

There's nothing I can add, except I wubs y0 all!.
*sniff & sigh*

Oh, post more pics, please. Or better yet, mail them to me. :)

Due to the 'sensitive nature' of a few of the pics in my possesion, anyone who was present at Tuska or the after parties can PM either myself of Zeanra, who will give you the username and guest password of my photobucket account..... (no, NOT possums. :Smug: ). I will put up some of the more PG13+ pics soon though.... if you wanna post a pic from my webspace, ask the subjects permission first please.

fireangel said:
you can meet me if you make PO play at Nousu at 27th of August :D I heard they have two options for the gig, either that week for Mökä or the next week (when I will be not there anymore :erk: ) so I would be really grateful if they played the earlier date.
This was something I didn't know Mökä is doing even if I recall our president and a dear friend of mine, Sampsa talking about forthcoming Mökä happenings/gigs at Tuska. I just asked our vice president Veera and she said Mökä is helping P.O. and some other bands arranging the gig and stuff. So it's not actually a Mökä party anyway. However, hopefully the gig will be arranged at 27th so you can be there. :)

Well I know someone was going to point that out so I will change it eventually. :zombie:

I just love the picture and Erzebet Bathory sure was an interesting character, very morbid and beautiful. Smaller picture would do however.. Later.

Spike said:
Due to the 'sensitive nature' of a few of the pics in my possesion, anyone who was present at Tuska or the after parties can PM either myself of Zeanra, who will give you the username and guest password of my photobucket account..... (no, NOT possums. :Smug: ). I will put up some of the more PG13+ pics soon though.... if you wanna post a pic from my webspace, ask the subjects permission first please.
If i'm in the pics, you'd better not give the password to ANYONE except me :mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: