finns wanted (tuska 04)

Malaclypse

Oct 18, 2001
well, there's an official forum for the tuska 04 festival already, but it's all gibberish for me and i can't even sign up properly due to my lack of vocabulary.
so that's the request: could anyone create an account and post something like an english thread in there regarding bands already confirmed, and all that? and maybe ask politely to keep that thread updated once in a while? so that the non-finns can at least read the posts.

well, thanks in advance, here's the link:
http://www.imperiumi.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=10

It might be simpler if we turned this into the Tuska 2004 thread and Finns could post here as bands are confirmed. Anyhow, this far Impaled Nazarene, Timo Rautiainen & Trio Niskalaukaus, Darkwoods My Betrothed and Dark Tranquillity are as good as confirmed.

Ormir said:
It might be simpler if we turned this into the Tuska 2004 thread and Finns could post here as bands are confirmed. Anyhow, this far Impaled Nazarene, Timo Rautiainen & Trio Niskalaukaus, Darkwoods My Betrothed and Dark Tranquillity are as good as confirmed.

fireangel said:
July 16-18 :)

Ah. Thanks :)
Finally something usefull
And finally _some_ information :rolleyes:

Wazoo: I think they themselves don´t have everything confirmed (besides the few mentioned bands), that is why they don´t tell. I am on their mailinglists (both official and press) and haven´t received any info either, (anyone else?) so I guess there is nothing to tell yet.

:Smug: Yeah, but still..
Even dates wouldve been nice
And for the other people then the 5 million in Finland itself, it wouldve been nice if it had been in (at least) two languages :Smug: Really.. Finnish really are nationalistic. :/ (Think of the tourism! :p)

The Grand Wazoo said:
And for the other people then the 5 million in Finland itself, it wouldve been nice if it had been in (at least) two languages :Smug: Really.. Finnish really are nationalistic. :/ (Think of the tourism! :p)
Swedish is one of the official languages of Finland but there are no known Swedish speaking metalheads in Finland so no use for other language than Finnish \m/. :p

Seriously, most likely there are going to be English Tuska pages later this year. I guess.. :loco:

Sorry to bust your hopes for a job, but all finns are required to study swedish at school. It's just that most of us don't care to really learn or use it. Most of the people understand the basic stuff.
And the need for swedish-finnish metalhead interpreter... You don't actually think that one of us long haired hippies has the money to pay someone?

@argyle: well i'm sure there's plenty of people understanding the basics of swedish language in finland, but (a) i'm a native italian speaker and a professional english-italian translator, so i suppose that's an element of novelty as the number of interpreters who are proficient in italian and swedish or finnish is not that high, and (b) i tend to learn languages fast. but don't hold your breath. :p

@rahvin: Ok, bonus for the english-italian-part. And swedish actually isn't that hard. So if you perfect all four, including the finnish, you'll probably get a job fairly easy. But amongst metalheads, don't wait for more then maybe some homemade brew for pay. :)

This just might be your lucky day!
I have a roof (if you don't mind sleeping on the floor, I do have an extra mattress), I can cook enough, and I have an internet connection (not quite satellite, or that high speed, but an internet connection all together).
Two men living in a 25 square meter flat isn't too much for you is it?

Now I just need a reason to hire an interpreter... :)

Argyle said:
Two men living in a 25 square meter flat isn't too much for you is it?
a written statement certifying your heterosexuality will suffice (otherwise dark_jester might get jealous :oops: ).
;)

Now I just need a reason to hire an interpreter... :)
let's start our own business importing/exporting spiked clubs from sweden to italy and vice-versa! my starting finances are: 0 euros and 50 cents. i say we buy a rocket and start advertising on venus. :loco:

a written statement certifying your heterosexuality will suffice (otherwise dark_jester might get jealous ).

Can be arranged. (Damn, the pictures of an Italian boytoy flash on by)

let's start our own business importing/exporting spiked clubs from sweden to italy and vice-versa! my starting finances are: 0 euros and 50 cents. i say we buy a rocket and start advertising on venus.

I've got 5 euros for the rocket, and some meatloaf I got to take home from the weekend at my parents place. People who need spiked clubs, must go for a good meatloaf! We are in business.

An old finnish saying:
"Siinä on naiset vaan tiellä kun isot miehet nussii."
Free translation:
"Women are only on the way when big guys get it on!"

rahvin said:
i seriously hope you're talking bat out of hell 2-era meatloaf. :p

This is going way off topic, but anyhow, that's exactly what I meant. I can just imagine the spiked club wielding italians screaming "I`d Do Anything For Love", after they've seen the add campaign from Venus and picked up a club of their own...
And after we make millions on our business, as a reward for the supporters and buyers, we'll have to get Meatloaf to perform to them live, on a huge stadium show. And he'll endorse our clubs, and we'll make even more! Money! Money, I say! And spiked clubs! And italians! And meatloaf! And Meatloaf!
Damn, if I only had enough for the rocket...

I think I'll leave this topic to be.