meetings at tuska

rahvin

keeper of the flame
Oct 10, 2001
safe but not far from the city
dear wanderers,

as many of you surely know, dark tranquillity are going to play at the tuska festival in helsinki, on july 17, in the afternoon.

plenty of regulars from this forum and long-time dt fans will be there to see their favourite band and have a good time. we plan to make it better by announcing that:

- board meetings will take place regularly throughout the 3 days, both inside and outside the festival premises, so that everyone can meet everyone else in the flesh and tell them what they think of them in their faces. a group of us is likely going to stick together and party on at any given time, so if you're a lost user - sounds like an abusive husband with a conscience, but that's probably not what i mean - you can always contact me and get information as to where the core of the hardcore is currently holding court. we also plan to congregate for meals and drinks. if you want to sleep together as well, that's just none of my business.

- a special meeting with dark tranquillity is scheduled. it will likely take place outside of the festival area, after closing time on either friday or saturday. all users from ultimatemetal are invited, whether they post here or not, just as long as their registration date is before the 1st of july, 2004. details about the meeting - whose location will probably be decided by the band members, a council of knowledgeable finns, and me - will be sent out to anyone interested by pm or email or text message, whichever best suits your needs. there will be alcohol and your favourite band.

to take part in the above activities, send me a private message (or an email at myscreenname@thisboard'sbandname.com) and specify your cellphone number, if you have one available (a cellphone, not a number). some of you have already: i'll post a list of those i know will be there and have means to contact as soon as i've revised my pm's and text messages, i.e. probably tomorrow if my insomnia hasn't killed me yet.
use this thread to: (a) ask questions; (b) let the world know you'll be at tuska; (c) provide helpful information on possible sources of entertainment; (d) try to persuade me i don't suck.

Someone needs to plant a lengthy, slobbering, approaching assault, kiss on YaYo in my stead.

idari said:
The meeting with DT is on friday OR saturday, eh? On saturday everyone's supposed to go see Before The Dawn!! :p The meeting with DT should be on friday.
it will likely take place outside of the festival area, after closing time on either friday or saturday.
before the dawn seem to be running first at tavastia. the meeting can easily be after that.

To add some poo in the wheels; on Friday afterparty Enochian Crescent and Alghazanth are playing in Stella, don't want to miss them either :/

Darn, I wanna see Enochian Crescent w/ Karri. Heard so many good previews of them. \m/

But yes, I'm ready to meet UM:ers too. *scared* :p Just let me know when and where and I'll try to arrange it though I have shitloads of other arrangements too. DT meeting I can do without but if it's possible for me timewise etc. then of course! (I'm not a diehard fan of many bands so that's why.)

*raises hand* BTD is more important than meeting the chaps to me too, but apart from that anytime is fine for me, I'm not fussy.

@loli: i've got your number already and i'm not afraid to use it. :p will contact you for sure.

@idari: i haven't got yours, right? can i be blessed with the honour?

@everyone: i assure you, measures will be taken so you won't have to miss your favourite band in the aftershows. you know, if we just wanted to set a time and place we could have decided on it ourselves without much need for a sticky. :p we'll discuss it. keep on posting or send me messages with your availability. this meeting will take place for you people, not for me. i can see the band members enough as it is. :p

How do i manage with the fact that i am not 18, therefore i cant get a legal entrance to the afterparties?
*definately not being a whiner, just pointing out faktas*

Naku ist krig said:
How do i manage with the fact that i am not 18, therefore i cant get a legal entrance to the afterparties?
*definately not being a whiner, just pointing out faktas*
can you get in normal clubs? if you can, there's going to be no problem, as i'm sure we'll be in one at some point. if you can't get in any club at all, i'll make it so you meet the band outside of one. plus of course i'll try / have them try to smuggle you in.