Tuska 2005

La Rocque said:
Are Tuska and Turku different locations?

Turku is a (shitty) city, Tuska is a festival (in Helsinki). There's no location called Tuska; the meaning of the word is pain or agony. Thus, Turku causes plenty of tuska to every human being.

No idea about Tool, though.

-Villain

Tuska sucks this year, as far as the bands go. Opeth I've seen, Tarot I'll see in a couple weeks, the rest I'm pretty indifferent to. I'd like to see Amorphis, Stam1na and such Finnish bands, but 72 euros for them, no.

TheFourthHorseman said:
Tuska sucks this year, as far as the bands go. Opeth I've seen, Tarot I'll see in a couple weeks, the rest I'm pretty indifferent to. I'd like to see Amorphis, Stam1na and such Finnish bands, but 72 euros for them, no.
Overally, the bands suck each year. If the bands don´t suck, at least the stages are too big/ well lighted for them. Therefore -> you pay 72 euros and then concentrate on hanging around with folks you see once (or perhaps twice) a year in Tuska-area and get wankered at the camping area.

@Villain: What´s wrong with Turku?

So far I go to festivals pretty much just as much for the bands as to gigs, so I'm not too much into the getting wasted at festivals thing.
They had much better bands last year at least, even if nothing truly awesome. Well, except Testament.

Naku ist krig said:
Overally, the bands suck each year. If the bands don´t suck, at least the stages are too big/ well lighted for them. Therefore -> you pay 72 euros and then concentrate on hanging around with folks you see once (or perhaps twice) a year in Tuska-area and get wankered at the camping area.

@Villain: What´s wrong with Turku?
Indeed, which was one of the main reasons I decided to stay outside this time.

Trip is done. I met Anth, Orchid and Villain. Saw Anathema and got amazed. Got triple-wasted at the camping area and got home 3 am on monday morning. Went to work at 8.

Well, my Tuska-report for this year is very short: I was in Helsinki Friday-evening, but had to leave on the nighttrain. Thus, I spent an hour or two outside the festival-area, met a few old friends and Naku (but no-one else from the forum), and listened to some Arch Enemy and Sisters of Mercy.

So, I really can't say much, except it was nice to chat with Naku for a while, and Sisters of Mercy sounded surprisingly good all the way to the trainstation.

I've had worse festivals.

-Villain

theem/ imperiumi.net
Shroud of False
Fragile Dreams
Empty
Lost Control
Closer
Judgement / Panic
A Natural Disaster
Sleepless
A Dying Wish
Comfortably Numb

The pink floyd cover was the only one i knew beforehand but still I managed to enjoy their show real big time.