2000 Decibel forum-meeting

Gaunerin said:
I can't believe we didn't take a forum-member-pic. I know Draugen wanted to take one and later on it was me who was complaining we haven't taken one........but somehow we completely failed with that. I actually pretty much failed taking pics at the festival in general. At least I managed to take ONE pic of these two handsome young men (one of which was Phyros) who were kind enough to endure me (once they had finally found their way to Bengtsfors that is.....not going into details there, aren't we, Phyros? ;) )

I also sort of agree partly with what Draugen wrote in his review. My expectations were certainly way too high also.......which isn't only the band's fault but has to do with the general atmosphere at the gig/festival/whatever. A real V-crowd in the dark (or indoors in a club) would have certainly been a better basis than the way it was there.
Also, as good as "ESP Mirage" is, it simply didn't work live at all. It might have had to do with the sound as well but personally I think that it's just way too complex for a live performance to turn out as a killer song. For someone not familiar with the song it was probably nothing but cacophony.
Other than that, it was ok with me. "Till Fjälls" should not be left out, it's just the perfect song to end the set as everybody's just waiting for that one!

Damn! I just knew I left something out in my review. The thing you wrote about the atmosphere at 2000 Decibel is certainly an important thing. I liked the festival at most of the time, but the general atmosphere was not my cup of tea I guess... I also agree that ESP Mirage did not work very well. But I was very surprised to hear how good A Metaphysical Drama sounded. Way better live than on record.
About the photos, I took at least one (I think) at Phyros with friend, but I didn´t get any when I developed the film. And also....I was quite drunk... :cool: