2005 opinion poll

rahvin said:
@the hook-up debaters: i made my assumption based on the fact that larocque is a native english speaker from the united states, and despite a certain tendency to capitalize random words from time to time, he's probably well aware of the colloquial use of turns of phrase. "to hook up with" might indeed mean "to have occasional sex with", but it's also used as a synonym of "to hang out with". i already have non-occasional (systematic?) sex with someone, so it'd have been boring to interpret the question that way. it was, however, extremely clever of larocque to leave the other interpretation open for those eager to flirt, if he in fact did so intentionally.
Actually, my first interpretation was the sexual one. That's the more common usage of the phrase, but mostly among young people, and considering that LaRocque...is not, I'm not sure which he meant. And of course he hasn't clarified. I admit I was startled to read your original response. :p

solefald said:
blitz are you going to the boltthrower tour next year? I just found out that Nightrage support them on their crusade. great news. but sad that tomas isnt there anymore
well i'd like to go, but i guess the tour places are a bit unlucky for me, unfortunately. The nearest for me to reach would be Essen but I don't know if I can find anyone to go with me. Also I don't like Bolt Thrower and I think that Nightrage without Tompa must suck, but I cannot tell yet.

Best band - Hypocrisy
Worst band - Within Temptation
Best album - Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
Worst album - Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?
Best song - Hypocrisy - Virus - Let The Knife Do The Talking
Worst song - Children of Bodom - AYDY? - Next In Line
Best tour - Gigantour
Best live act - Strapping Young Lad
Most overhyped band - Trivium
Most underrated band - Nevermore
Best band dvd - In Flames (Tons of extra shit)
Best comeback - Charon
Band you miss the most - Korpiklaani (I want to hear that new album!!)
Band you want to go away - Slipknot (Just like every other year)
Best movie - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Worst movie - War of the Worlds
Best web site - www.ultimatemetal.com (Yippy)
Best game - World of Warcraft
Best drink - Green tea

Lina said:
Actually, my first interpretation was the sexual one. That's the more common usage of the phrase, but mostly among young people, and considering that LaRocque...is not, I'm not sure which he meant. And of course he hasn't clarified. I admit I was startled to read your original response. :p

well, i'm not young people either. :p this shouldn't startle you.

Lina said:
I admit I was startled to read your original response. :p

You were? :lol:

Anyway:

Best band - Against Me!
Worst band - Dangerdoom
Best album - Flogging Molly's Within a mile of home
Worst album - What rahvin said
Best song - Manowar's king of kings, for purely sentimental reasons
Worst song - A crappy italian tune called I bambini fanno oh. I want the writer of the song in jail. Now.
Best tour - Enrico Ruggeri
Best live act - I'll make a stand for Rancore, the only upcoming local band I've seriously believed in for a while. Of course it's not the best band evah in a technical sense, but they are going to grow and grow a lot.
Most overhyped band - Rammstein, unfortunately. I do like Rosenrot, but it's not that good.
Most underrated band - Eminem, who is not a band but has been pushed down and down since the VMA. Unfair.
Best band dvd - Haven't seen any
Best comeback - 50 Cent
Band you miss the most - Nightwish :yell:
Band you want to go away - Anything with "Rotten" or "Corpse" in their names
Best movie - GoF
Best web site - The Babb Chronicleswww.livejournal.com/users/babb_chronicles
Best game - NBA Jam on the MAME
Best drink - That's a hard one. I guess that having Sauternes again after a three-month hiatus was great. I also must have had a bit too many because I cannot remember the exact moment.

What dt forum member do you miss - wanderingblade
What dt forum member would you like to see go away - undocontrol :lol: no, i'm joking. those who make spelling mistakes. i hate hate hate them.
What dt forum member would you like to hook up with - i won't state my position on this since it's beginning to get hairy. :D

hyena said:
You

Most underrated band - Eminem, who is not a band but has been pushed down and down since the VMA. Unfair.

well what is interesting that you really like eminem.it seems you have a real open mind-music taste.(50 cent)respect. but whats the secret to like hiphop music? the only hihop similiar thing what I like is DJ Shadow

When I tried to edit my original post I deleted it by mistake

Best band - Rammstein
Worst band - Europe
Best album - Curtain Call the Hits by Eminem
Worst album - Sideshow Symphonies by Arcturus
Best song - Remedy by Seether
Worst song - Pale by Within Temptation
Best tour - Sounds of the Underground
Best live act - Lamb of God
Most overhyped band - SOAD
Most underrated band - Dark Tranquillity
Best band dvd - Green Carnation, Alive and Well in Krakow
Best comeback - Billy Idol
Band you miss the most - Crack the Sky
Band you want to go away - Metallica
Best movie - Sin City
Best web site - AOL (news)
Best game - Ice hockey
Best drink - Deer Park (water)

What dt forum member do you miss - (no one)
What dt forum member would you like to see go away - La Rocque
What dt forum member would you like to hook up with - Monroe

Edit: hook up can mean many, many things, ravhin was correct with the comment 'leave the interpretation open' that was my intent.