2005 opinion poll

If I see someone I really disagree with on some of their choices, I just take a look at their fav. drink... and it's totally understandable right after :D

Yeah, I figured I'd leave someone out, especially because I haven't been around, so I thought screw it. :p

@Dark Silence : Really? Any way you could ship me some? I'd pay the expenses... You can't get this stuff in Canada unless you go into special pubs...

@solefald : Yeah, I saw them at the Apocalyptica show and it was simple nonsense, they have no energy at all. They barely move on the scene. They just stand there and play. And Kaufman, during the Fisher's solos had nothing to do but hump is speakers...Worst live act I've seen. Too bad cause their music can be good from time to time...

Best band - DT, Nightrage, Arch Enemy
Worst band - this post would never end, if I started...
Best album - Character, Descent Into Chaos, Doomsday Machine,
Worst album - Callenish Circle - Pitch.Black.Effects (what did they do? o_O :/), Children Of Bodom - the same crap as every year
Best song - The Black Dahlia Murder - Statutory Rape (divine riff)
Worst song - dunno, maybe System Of A Down - Attack or so
Best tour - //
Best live act - //
Most overhyped band - Children Of Bodom (every year the same album in a new shape), System Of A Down and many more
Most underrated band - I don't know
Best band dvd - //
Best comeback - I don't know
Band you miss the most - At The Gates, The Crown, old In Flames.
Band you want to go away - System Of A Down, gay german pop bands like Juli and Silbermond, and of course TOKIO HOTEL
Best movie (I have seen this year) - Saw
Best web site - I don't know
Best game - Carom3d online billard ;)
Best drink - cuarenta y tres con leche (Liquor 43 with milk)

What dt forum member do you miss - //
What dt forum member would you like to see go away - //
What dt forum member would you like to hook up with - //

@the hook-up debaters: i made my assumption based on the fact that larocque is a native english speaker from the united states, and despite a certain tendency to capitalize random words from time to time, he's probably well aware of the colloquial use of turns of phrase. "to hook up with" might indeed mean "to have occasional sex with", but it's also used as a synonym of "to hang out with". i already have non-occasional (systematic?) sex with someone, so it'd have been boring to interpret the question that way. it was, however, extremely clever of larocque to leave the other interpretation open for those eager to flirt, if he in fact did so intentionally.

Best band - Nevermore, DT
Worst band - Killswitch Engage
Best album - Nevermore "TGE", DT "Character," Kamelot "The Black Halo" Atheist "Unquestionable Presence" reissue, Kreator "Enemy of God", Exodus "Shovel Headed Kill Machine"
Worst album - Arch Enemy "Doomsday Machine"
Best song - Nevermore "my acid words"
Best tour - Opeth/Nevermore, Dark Tranquillity/Soilwork/Hypocrisy, Kamelot, Mastodon
Best live act - DT, Nevermore, Opeth

Most overhyped band- Shadow's Fall, Slipknot
Most underrated band - Jag Panzer
Best band dvd - In FLames "Used and Abused"
Band you miss the most - Death
Band you want to go away - Killswitch Engage
Best movie - 40 year old virgin
Best web site - blabbermouth! ha
Best game - F.E.A.R., WoW, Age of Empires 3
Best drink -Newcastle brown ale

I dont know what it is... i think maybe the fact that most people around where i live worship killswitch and are to closed minded that makes me hate them haha... i know thats probably not the best reason, but damn them!

I sort of got into killswitch before metalcore blew up all over everyones faces, so I loved them alot... saw them live and loved them more. But howard sucks compared to Jesse, and the dick head lanky guitarist thinks he's such a fucking rockstar, but he ain't, just because his pinch harmonics are like, really squeely. butthead he is. Alive or just breathing is a masterpiece though. Undeniable.

And good call on the newky brown ale. Although Hobgoblin is a far superior dark ale... It's popularity this year has been unprecedented too.

Blitzkrieg Pajo said:
Band you want to go away - gay german pop bands like Juli and Silbermond, and of course TOKIO HOTEL

ahhrgr TK is doch die absolute pest, wie blöd kann man sein sowas zu hören/machen/kaufen???
shittiest german"band" ever since modern talking, google for your own risk:ill:

I agree wholeheartedly.. the funny thing is I thought the singer and guitar player were girls for a long time :D

lol a friend of mine showed me one of their videos(as I have no TV and dont want this thing back) and asked me if this horrible singer would be a (really ugly)girl or (an even uglier)boy. and I thought this horrible boys look and speak like girls-era would end with daniel küblböck...zu früh gefreut.armes deutschland

DURCH DEN MONSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!
hach der bill is doch so s&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#252;&#223;!!!!!!111111111111111 <3 AAAAAAAAH KREISCH

ne, die sind echt mal total &#228;tzend, ich wei&#223; gar nicht wie man die gut finden kann. Die geh&#246;ren einfach verboten, so ist das.

banned.. or gangraped. Wait.. they probably had to go through that in order to get where they are now. Seriously, a guy with a pierced tongue? Why would a guy get that? Very suspicious :p

Blitzkrieg Pajo said:
ne, die sind echt mal total ätzend, ich weiß gar nicht wie man die gut finden kann. Die gehören einfach verboten, so ist das.

ja endlich einer der das mal auspricht. die jungs(?)sollte man mal auf tournee durch iran oder nordkorea schicken...

well someone of these kids is with a pierced tongue? wow for a 16year old fag
blitz are you going to the boltthrower tour next year? I just found out that Nightrage support them on their crusade. great news. but sad that tomas isnt there anymore

Hobgoblin?? i've never heard of it, i'll have to try and track some down over here... if it's better then newky brown, its gotta be good! and yea, i hate the guitarist in killswitch who runs around stage with a cape like a moron... He spends so much time running around he's not too concerned that he fucks up A LOT, but no one really notices anyway i guess