2005 Tour...

lol, I doubt it will be. Chinese Democrecy has been going for about 10 years now, so when ever it comes out it is obviously going to underwhelme

They were taking pre-orders at one point for Chinese Democracy, I wanted to know A) if anyone was stupid enough to pre order it b) if they got thier money back.

Although they almost certainly will tour the states I was jsut saying we are getting a little ahead of ourselves.

It might not be until 2006. I can't imagine this record coming out before the fall. I don't think they would tour the US until the release. I wouldn't want them to unless I knew the new songs first.

In the meantime, we have the new PT, hopefully a US tour from them, and a new My Dying Bride DVD and album. Also new Nile, Origin, and a bunch of other bands and tours. Don't freak out about Opeth delays. If you have a lot of other interests, the wait isn't even noticable.

Nile? every song of every album is exactly the same. same key, same chords, same lyrics. can't take them seriously.

ps: los lonely boys AND clay aiken are on Jimmy Kimmel tonight. yes!

Crimson Indifference said:
They better come to Australia...or I'll cry

Oh don't worry, I'll make sure they do.

*finger hovers over 'delete forum' button* mwahaha, say you won't come now, bitches!

Ahem, anyhow. If that source that said Opeth have 90 mins of new material down is accurate I think the prospect of a tour in 2005 is pretty viable. All they really have to do is get a label, book a studio, spend a few weeks recording (remember Mike said they'd try to get it all down BEFORE going in) and then finally just wait for all the copies to be pressed and ship. On top of that, I'm sure a promo copy would leak way before the official release date anyway... not that I condone that sort of thing. At least, if I were to condone it, I'd suggest purchasing the actual copy when it comes to your local retailer.

dorian gray said:
Nile? every song of every album is exactly the same. same key, same chords, same lyrics. can't take them seriously.

ps: los lonely boys AND clay aiken are on Jimmy Kimmel tonight. yes!

I have never quite understood the hysteria about Nile, but the Karl Sanders album ("Saurian Meditation") is absolutely fantastic. Very mellow...

Onlt had chance to listen to it once so far, but first impressions are postive.

Initial reaction is that it will probably be one of the major genre sellers this year. Very slick, more accessible.

Will try and post more coherantly later when my head has cleared...